Do you think this team makes the playoffs?

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Well it's not entirely an assumption.  He's almost 28 and started 3 games in his career after being undrafted. He's played good in a very small sample. He's no joe burrow. 

Don't blame Cali.  Much like Taylor, he falls in love easily.  😁

25 minutes ago, xen said:

Playing trash teams and a jags team in freefall.

Not saying they won't play well.  As you say he's surrounded by a strong team.  But he's pretty mid.

Yep. Vikings were the best defense of the bunch but that ain't saying much. They also lost 3 players to injuries today. Their starting DT and Chase being out will be huge if for the season.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Yep. Vikings were the best defense of the bunch but that ain't saying much. They also lost 3 players to injuries today. Their starting DT and Chase being out will be huge if for the season.

Viqueens gave that game away.  Tush push only works for the Iggles

2 hours ago, xen said:

Playing trash teams and a jags team in freefall.

Not saying they won't play well.  As you say he's surrounded by a strong team.  But he's pretty mid.

In fairness, we're pretty good at making mid QBs look like all pros. Especially when our defense is on the field for 41 minutes every game.

The most maddening thing today-

I watched these “mid” qb’s throw it up in the air like a prayer in all 3 games, and what do you know, the WR’s went up and caught them. 
our guys never go up and make plays. Watched it happen all day… 🤦 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

The most maddening thing today-

I watched these “mid” qb’s throw it up in the air like a prayer in all 3 games, and what do you know, the WR’s went up and caught them. 
our guys never go up and make plays. Watched it happen all day… 🤦 

Amazing what can happen when you surround your QB with playmakers

Other qbs throw duck balls up and their wr's find a way to make plays, even mid wrs.  

Chiefs:  Mahomes throws a dart on point and our wr's can't make a simple catch bur rather drop it or tip it for an int.  

I for one don't want to overpay Higgins because Mahomes isn't going to throw up prayers like Burrows does to Higgins.  I would rather us pay an actual route runner as our #1.  Give me Pittman Jr, Calvin Ridley, or if we want a big target then Mike Evans on a short deal and then pay a Marquise Brown as our deep threat.  

49 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Other qbs throw duck balls up and their wr's find a way to make plays, even mid wrs.  

Chiefs:  Mahomes throws a dart on point and our wr's can't make a simple catch bur rather drop it or tip it for an int.  

I for one don't want to overpay Higgins because Mahomes isn't going to throw up prayers like Burrows does to Higgins.  I would rather us pay an actual route runner as our #1.  Give me Pittman Jr, Calvin Ridley, or if we want a big target then Mike Evans on a short deal and then pay a Marquise Brown as our deep threat.  

Ridley yes! With Rice and Kelce plus having the others we keep would be great.

1 hour ago, xen said:

This will be an absolutely amazing WR draft class with both quality and depth.  Not so sure anyone will overpay for FA receivers this offseason so may be able to pick up a vet for cheap.  We need to look at taking a few rookie receivers.

I am certain Patrick will have a lot of input into the direction they go for WR

1 hour ago, xen said:

This will be an absolutely amazing WR draft class with both quality and depth.  Not so sure anyone will overpay for FA receivers this offseason so may be able to pick up a vet for cheap.  We need to look at taking a few rookie receivers.

and yet last year was the same for TE and we picked bupkis 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Another stat I just saw- I’m sure I’m staring the obvious.

chiefs are dead last in contested win rate catching the 50/50 ball… couple that with drops etc. good god 

again... all on the WRs effort.

if Andy &Co are not cracking skulls right about now, they deserve to lose.

And don't even get me started on Kelce flopping yesterday... that was embarrassing.

I mean, if you get beat, handle it like a man for God's sake. You don't need to act like a soccer player just because things aren't going your way.

Honestly, we should get the #2 seed, looking at our schedule vs Miami's. They have Dallas, Balt and Buff. I see at least one loss there maybe two. 

Balt has SF, Miami and Pitt, not exactly a cakewalk, but I could see them losing at SF. And those last-game-of-the-season conference games (Pittsburgh) are sometimes tough to win. Miami will be a good game too. 

None of that means squat if we don't handle our own shit... hopefully the Chiefs bring us all a Christmas win. Cincy will be tough... they're playing great even without Burrow. Then it's to LA where we could face a dumpster fire or a highly motivated team. 

Should be an interesting three weeks. If balt loses 2, and we win out, we own the conference record. I'm too lazy to look at common opponents.