Patrick...

Mahomes has a unique ability to elevate his game when it matters most. I'm not talking about being down a score to some team late in the 4th quarter during week 8 of the season. I'm talking the playoffs. Nobody wins 100% of the time in the postseason....but Mahomes always brings it. An OT loss to Brady and a nailbiter against the Bungles. His resume in AFC playoff games is superb. 

As SUPER BOWL LVIII looms, Patrick Mahomes can break or tie several postseason marks.

He needs:

1 postseason win to pass Peyton Manning for 3rd all time (15).

2 TD passes to pass Peyton Manning for 5th all time (41).

163 yards to pass John Elway for 8th all time (4,965).

4 rushing yards to pass Elway for 6th all time (462).

Greatness awaits.

12 hours ago, kkuenn said:

As SUPER BOWL LVIII looms, Patrick Mahomes can break or tie several postseason marks.

He needs:

1 postseason win to pass Peyton Manning for 3rd all time (15).

2 TD passes to pass Peyton Manning for 5th all time (41).

163 yards to pass John Elway for 8th all time (4,965).

4 rushing yards to pass Elway for 6th all time (462).

Greatness awaits.

Look at his win percentage, (14 out of 17) and completion percentage (67+)  Puts him above all the rest for those playing in more than a few games. 

I’m not good at football (surprise!) so I can’t tell, but did MVS have to fall to catch this or could he have just caught it? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m just glad he caught it. Just don’t drop or fumble it. We didn’t need anything more besides the first down. I was just wondering because I can’t tell with angles.

https://x.com/NFLFilms/status/1752444125138305442?s=20

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I’m not good at football (surprise!) so I can’t tell, but did MVS have to fall to catch this or could he have just caught it? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m just glad he caught it. Just don’t drop or fumble it. We didn’t need anything more besides the first down. I was just wondering because I can’t tell with angles.

Not an expert either, but it seemed that MVS had the position and the ball was underthrown.  MVS had to stop and turn around to catch it.  Never got a view of how much ground the defender had to make up, but he was getting close.  Mahomes threw a rainbow so he must have thought MVS had plenty of spacing.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not an expert either, but it seemed that MVS had the position and the ball was underthrown.  MVS had to stop and turn around to catch it.  Never got a view of how much ground the defender had to make up, but he was getting close.  Mahomes threw a rainbow so he must have thought MVS had plenty of spacing.  

It was also behind him. 
I’ll say this , Mvs can definitely fly. He gets open. He ran right past that dude real easy. 
the Niners secondary is their weakness. 

10 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I am also no expert but, how I heard it explained was the way Jetlord sort of described it. When MVS dropped that pass in the regular season, Mahomes mentioned that he could have thrown it a little shorter. IMO both passes Mahomes threw were nice, he's just adjusting to help his receivers. 

2 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

IMG_5710.jpeg.bb99cd8d3eeab9046da0bfbbdef63194.jpeg

Considering playoff games are normally against quality teams with at least average or better defenses, those stats are amazing.  It just goes to show what a competitor Mahomess is.  He rises to the toughest challenges and plays his best when it's all on the line.  It's hard to imagine Mahomes folding like LJ8.  He may lose some games, but it not because the situation it too overwhelming for him.  

• 2 weeks later...

With a legendary postseason run, and 399 total yards tonight, Patrick Mahomes moves into the following all-time ranks in playoff totals.

3rd in playoff wins (15 - passed Manning)

5th in passing TDs (41 - passed Manning)

8th in passing yards (5,135 - passed Elway)

4th in rushing yards (524 - passed Lamar Jackson)

Next postseason, Mahomes can move into 2nd all time in wins, TDs and rushing yards with 1 win, 4 TD and 70 rushing yards. 

What a time to be alive.