It's just as I thought...

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe he thinks McKinnon is just better?. This'll be McKinnon's last year so keeping CEH is not a stretch and drafting another  recieving  RB in the late rnds and or  some one who got cut is a given IMO

I may regret saying and I really hope I do but the saying it’s better to get rid or em a year to early than a year to late comes to mind with Mckinion   I was all  for bringing Mckinion back but this year he looks done.   

11 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I may regret saying and I really hope I do but the saying it’s better to get rid or em a year to early than a year to late comes to mind with Mckinion   I was all  for bringing Mckinion back but this year he looks done.   

I disagree altho I think this should be his last year at 32yo and at $1.1 M and he's cheaper than CEH is right now as his cap hit is $3.4 and JM is a better blocker IMO

1 hour ago, mex said:

Totally agree. Except, I don't think he's a bad RB. There might be others better than him... but he can block, catch, and knows the playbook. I also wonder why we don't see more of him on wheel routes etc. It's almost like Andy is losing his playcalling mojo in certain situations.

I never wrote that he was a bad running back.  He can get his average yards close to most running backs, just not the really good ones.  But he is capable shortening the down and distance in any offensive series.  But yes, why don't we see him used on wheel routes and those kinds of plays more often and actually design plays where he is supposed to be the target, not just an outlet?  That's where I think we have failed with him, leaving him only to fail with us.

Just a guess, but I think Andy may not trust CEH to block in passing situations.  Thus, he's not in for a number of passing downs and doesn't get as many receiving opportunities.  McKinnon isn't very big, but he can pass protect better than CEH has shown.  That's not to say CEH shouldn't get more targets on first and second downs.  

McKinnon is a playmaker...CEH runs like a blunt object...too much Hesitation.

B.S.  I do not agree with your Mahomes take.  It is as simple as WR's catching the ball and cutting down on the undisciplined penalties.  Mahomes must continue to improvise, that is who he is....and this helps everyone get open. You know whjat an extra second and a half does to a defense......

I love Kelce, but we need to be real- they guy only has a couple of years left.  Noah Gray is at best an average NFL TE.  We need help at this position in 2024.

Rice is the only WR that is worthy of long term thinking.

Watson is a placeholer

Ritchie James and all the other Backups.....Meh

Hardman / Toney are fine as Punt returners or back ups.

MVS- Gotta Go

Skyy - Gotta Go

Bell Dozer---- Gotta Go

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I disagree altho I think this should be his last year at 32yo and at $1.1 M and he's cheaper than CEH is right now as his cap hit is $3.4 and JM is a better blocker IMO

Better blocker yes and maybe my expectations are to high cause his production is about what it was that first year he was here and last year was the  outlier.  For the record I don’t think he sucks just that he is at the end is all.  For whatever reason they  haven’t used him as much either and he was a one of the reasons the offense did as well as it did. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Just a guess, but I think Andy may not trust CEH to block in passing situations.  Thus, he's not in for a number of passing downs and doesn't get as many receiving opportunities.  McKinnon isn't very big, but he can pass protect better than CEH has shown.  That's not to say CEH shouldn't get more targets on first and second downs.  

You could be right.  I never heard much about him as a blocker.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, kkuenn said:

Just get Ertz for this year end run. Should have, like another poster said, taken LaPorta instead of FAU.

Kinda odd that Ertz hasn't signed anywhere, and he's running out of time to do so.

Maybe his agent mis-calculated the need for his services from the contending teams?

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't understand why Ertz?  He is old now, and Noah Gray is a very good receiving TE.

I think Ertz is a better TE#3 option than Bell.  Also, I think Ertz would be a better receiving option, especially in the red zone, than several of the WRs we've trotted out this year.  It's not so much that I think we need another TE, but we just need some reliable hands.  Probably too late now to develop chemistry with Pat before the playoffs, though.

15 minutes ago, Boone said:

I think Ertz is a better TE#3 option than Bell.  Also, I think Ertz would be a better receiving option, especially in the red zone, than several of the WRs we've trotted out this year.  It's not so much that I think we need another TE, but we just need some reliable hands.  Probably too late now to develop chemistry with Pat before the playoffs, though.

Chemistry or not he is a known commodity that has to be accounted for whether jus a decoy or not  and as said..reliable hands