Offsides

BroncoStud

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I thought it was a false penalty when it happened Saturday.  Was he called because his helmet was ahead of the OC's or was he really across the LOS?  It seems that offsides on the offense has become the latest new thing.  

I believe the helmet was what they considered offsides.  It's definitely something they just recently began enforcing.

I'm on the fence a little.  It sucks to lose that way for sure.  But one of the things that has ruined the NBA is ignoring traveling, ignoring stepping over the line on free throws etc.  NFL receivers should be able to line up correctly.  And NFL tackles.  It is fundamental to the game.  On another note, I hate that QBs can just run to the sideline and huck the ball downfield out of bounds to negate good coverage and good DL play.  That's an ugly play.

Taylor Swift Mad GIFs | Tenor

38 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm on the fence a little.  It sucks to lose that way for sure.  But one of the things that has ruined the NBA is ignoring traveling, ignoring stepping over the line on free throws etc.  NFL receivers should be able to line up correctly.  And NFL tackles.  It is fundamental to the game.  On another note, I hate that QBs can just run to the sideline and huck the ball downfield out of bounds to negate good coverage and good DL play.  That's an ugly play.

Taylor Swift Mad GIFs | Tenor

The QB is the franchise. The rules are set up to protect the franchise.

I remember when they first started allowing QBs to gain positive yards then slide to avoid contact.

One game, Elway was running to the sideline for a 1 yard loss on 3rd and short... Derrick pulled up to avoid the penalty and let him continue OOB. 

Then Elways planted his outside foot, and gained 4 more yards, getting the first down.

I remember the announcers applauding his 'competitive spirit' and 'desire to win.'

The reality is, he cheated. He abused the rules to gain an advantage. He should have been charged with unsportsmanlike. Talk about ugly.