Skyy to IR

I am not saying that Skyy Moore is gonna be Julian Edelman, but Edelman had 714 yards in his first 4 seasons.  It's easy to see some similarity in their size and the fact that they both played in the MAC in college against lesser competition.  It has been frustrating at times, but it might be a little early to give up entirely.  

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I am not saying that Skyy Moore is gonna be Julian Edelman, but Edelman had 714 yards in his first 4 seasons.  It's easy to see some similarity in their size and the fact that they both played in the MAC in college against lesser competition.  It has been frustrating at times, but it might be a little early to give up entirely.  

Same could be said for Toney... he's 24. 

Jerry Rice had hands issues his first few years too, IIRC.

I think the issue is that Skyy has not improved his performance in 2023 vs 2022 despite the fact Reed and Mahomes have given him every chance.

The issue with Toney is Focus....the dude has all the talent in the world....He is a "big" play every time he touches the ball. Unfortunately, the "big" plays go both ways and they cost us ball games......Until he improves, the risk - return is not in his favor.

49 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Was PEDelman the #1 or #2 WR his first four years? Guys can grow and improve, but, you cannot count on them to be “the guy” for long if they are not producing numbers. If Moore was this big a project, same for Toney, they should have been WR5 and WR6.

I think they probably penciled in MVS at his 10 million a year, Toney, and Kelce as the go to guys and hoped for improvement from Moore and input from Rice. This board was pretty ok with the WR group and not concerned with losing JuJu going into the season.  

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think they probably penciled in MVS at his 10 million a year, Toney, and Kelce as the go to guys and hoped for improvement from Moore and input from Rice. This board was pretty ok with the WR group and not concerned with losing JuJu going into the season.  

dont paint me with that broad brush

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

IIRC, there were many one this board that recognized that the Chiefs were lacking a #1 go to receiver.  Guys were begging for DHop or someone similar.  I still blame Jones for keeping the Chiefs out of the WR FA market last off season.  Rice, at least by this part of the season, has pretty much replaced JuJu.  For some reason, the drops have been contagious and Moore is so far a disappointment, but I don't agree that this board was not concerned about the current group.  

This is Embree's first year as the official WR coach, but (according to his profile) he was the QC coach for the last two years, primarily working with the WRs:

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/connor-embree

Guess we be missing Greg Lewis, never did hear why he left or was let go... how's Baltimore's WRs doing these days? 🤔