Skyy to IR

6 minutes ago, mex said:

catching everything lamar heaves in their general direction

Bingo!

So are we really missing EB or GL more? When it was announced that GL was leaving, I assumed it was to follow EB. But whatever the story was, GL is doing a helluva job for the Ravens. WRs catching Lamar passes has been a joke line for years... until this one. 

13 minutes ago, Boone said:

Bingo!

So are we really missing EB or GL more? When it was announced that GL was leaving, I assumed it was to follow EB. But whatever the story was, GL is doing a helluva job for the Ravens. WRs catching Lamar passes has been a joke line for years... until this one. 

Honestly I have no idea why our kids aren't catching the ball. I mean back in the day, coaches would make players with ball control issues carry a football around with them all day and all night. Maybe it's time for some old school discipline.

I have always wondered how you can possibly coach a position in the NFL without having played that position at a pretty high level.  I have no idea if Embree is part of the problem, but have always wondered how you can play running back in college, then be a defensive coach in the NFL for a while and then switch to WR coach.  But then I realize Reid is a former offensive lineman that is now a QB whisperer.  

Why Do You Fail At Relationships? | by Erica Jackson | Medium

39 minutes ago, West said:

Carry the ball to class and

Stand 7 ft from the Jugs Machine getting beaned by footballs......

Run through the team and get the ball punched out...although the ball only got hit 10% of the time....

Old School was the real deal.

w

Every time we make a play, it looks like they are so close to a fumble it gives me gray hair. Even Kelce... he seems to be carrying the ball a lot lower than usual this year, and damned if every single defensive opponent isn't putting their hat on the ball on each and every play.

Andy needs to get this shit fixed.

14 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs sign former 2nd round pick WR Anthony Miller.

and there’s our random dude off the street that can’t possibly be any worse than what we have outside rashee rice

I think there's a pretty good chance that Anthony Miller is significantly worse than what we have.  

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs sign former 2nd round pick WR Anthony Miller.

and there’s our random dude off the street that can’t possibly be any worse than what we have outside rashee rice

Wasn't he a stud at Memphis.  I lived there at the time, and if I remember correctly, he went from walk on to star to nfl draftee, maybe he has something to offer!

42 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Its not possible to be significantly worse than what skyy moore was.

literally any human on earth can not get open, catch, or block.

The dude is 29 years old and hasn't been with a team since 2021, a year in which he had 25 yards receiving in 3 games.  He doesn't know the playbook at all and there's no way he is in game shape.  

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The dude is 29 years old and hasn't been with a team since 2021, a year in which he had 25 yards receiving in 3 games.  He doesn't know the playbook at all and there's no way he is in game shape.  

Andy can fix him with TLC.

4 hours ago, mex said:

Every time we make a play, it looks like they are so close to a fumble it gives me gray hair. Even Kelce... he seems to be carrying the ball a lot lower than usual this year, and damned if every single defensive opponent isn't putting their hat on the ball on each and every play.

Andy needs to get this shit fixed.

Kelce has done that for years.  He's had some very inopportune turnovers in his career. 

5 hours ago, mex said:

Honestly I have no idea why our kids aren't catching the ball. I mean back in the day, coaches would make players with ball control issues carry a football around with them all day and all night. Maybe it's time for some old school discipline.

Aside from MVS falling off a cliff, the receivers we have that carried over from last year really haven't changed.  Skyy Moore is the same receiver he was as a rookie.  Toney really isn't any different, I mean he made plays last year but he still made a lot of mistakes, and of course the injuries.  This is why I haven't bought into the argument that Bienemy was such a huge loss and that all of this is attributed to him.  What hurt this team was the loss of Juju, and not replacing him with anyone capable of doing what he did.  Rice looks to be evolving into a better version of Juju, but he's still a rookie so his mistakes don't bother me much, not with the huge upside and progress he's shown us.  I don't believe our offensive struggles are a coaching problem, just a personnel problem.  You run a bunch of dogshit out there, you're gonna get dogshit back, and that's essentially what we have done this year.  The regression of MVS (who wasn't great to begin with) has only made the existing problems with Toney and Moore that much more glaring.  Pat doesn't trust any of his receivers outside of Kelce and now Rice, and it shows.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Aside from MVS falling off a cliff, the receivers we have that carried over from last year really haven't changed.  Skyy Moore is the same receiver he was as a rookie.  Toney really isn't any different, I mean he made plays last year but he still made a lot of mistakes, and of course the injuries.  This is why I haven't bought into the argument that Bienemy was such a huge loss and that all of this is attributed to him.  What hurt this team was the loss of Juju, and not replacing him with anyone capable of doing what he did.  Rice looks to be evolving into a better version of Juju, but he's still a rookie so his mistakes don't bother me much, not with the huge upside and progress he's shown us.  I don't believe our offensive struggles are a coaching problem, just a personnel problem.  You run a bunch of dogshit out there, you're gonna get dogshit back, and that's essentially what we have done this year.  The regression of MVS (who wasn't great to begin with) has only made the existing problems with Toney and Moore that much more glaring.  Pat doesn't trust any of his receivers outside of Kelce and now Rice, and it shows.  

I think the loss of EB was more significant than you think....

I know EB would blow a gasket with Jawann Taylor's antics.

He would snatch a knot in both Rice, Moore and even Kelce's ass for carrying the football like a loaf of bread.

And Toney??? I personally don't think Toney would see the field anymore this year after that offside penalty if EB was around. 

That's my opinion tho...And we know what opinions are like, right?

Penalties and turnovers have been the achilles heel for this offense from day one and the same shit is still going today. All on the offensive side of the ball. If JuJu was still here, he'd probaly be hurt, but how much better would the offesne be with the Penalties, drops and turnovers?

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I think the loss of EB was more significant than you think....

I know EB would blow a gasket with Jawann Taylor's antics.

He would snatch a knot in both Rice, Moore and even Kelce's ass for carrying the football like a loaf of bread.

And Toney??? I personally don't think Toney would see the field anymore this year after that offside penalty if EB was around. 

That's my opinion tho...And we know what opinions are like, right?

Penalties and turnovers have been the achilles heel for this offense from day one and the same shit is still going today. All on the offensive side of the ball. If JuJu was still here, he'd probaly be hurt, but how much better would the offesne be with the Penalties, drops and turnovers?

I respect your opinion on this. I would disagree due to the following points

I don't think any coach of the staff on the offense has any say on who will be playing in the game other than Andy Reid.

I don't think Jawaan Taylor's "antics" are from a lack of trying or being held accountable. I think he holds and jumps offsides because he simply isn't good enough to block people without doing so, and he knows it. Needs every little advantage he can get and hops a penalty isn't called.

I do agree i wish JuJu was still here, and yes maybe he would be hurt and it would be a moot point. But a healthy JuJu, Rashee Rice, and Kelce would give Mahomes 3 reliable targets and wouldn't have broke the bank.

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I do agree i wish JuJu was still here, and yes maybe he would be hurt and it would be a moot point. But a healthy JuJu, Rashee Rice, and Kelce would give Mahomes 3 reliable targets and wouldn't have broke the bank.

If JuJu was still here, would we even know what the Chiefs have in Rice?  Rice has emerged due to necessity, not because Andy wanted to start the rookie.  Point being that Rice and JuJu would cancel each other out.