Hard to believe this team was 6-1 at one point and I thought maybe we hadnt hit our stride yet offensively. 

Turns out they had already reached their ceiling at that point. This offense as a whole has made zero progress from last year to now.  And the shit has been bad enough since that point that it's finally gotten in Mahomes head.

Today I saw a Mahomes I've only seen a few times in his career. A dude who looked defeated. 

There's a lot of reasons why we are here. But it can't happen again. We cannot waste another prime Mahomes season. 

To me, it seems obvious.  Jawaan Taylor and Wanya Morris cannot protect Mahomes.  He ran for his life, literally, the whole game.  Wanya is not ready at best, and Jawaan just sucks. Not even enough time to run the short game.  The Raiders did what teams to to QB's who are rookies. Rush the hell out of the passer and take the running game away.  We need tackles!!

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hard to believe this team was 6-1 at one point and I thought maybe we hadnt hit our stride yet offensively. 

Turns out they had already reached their ceiling at that point. This offense as a whole has made zero progress from last year to now.  And the shit has been bad enough since that point that it's finally gotten in Mahomes head.

Today I saw a Mahomes I've only seen a few times in his career. A dude who looked defeated. 

There's a lot of reasons why we are here. But it can't happen again. We cannot waste another prime Mahomes season. 

It's the first time he has faced adversity in his Pro Career, he is not sure how to react and everybody sees his expression that he does not have an answer. Nagy has no clue how to handle this kind of offense and needs to be shown the door or demoted. The question is who can handle this offense well and i think we all know the answer and he will be a FA in about two weeks so veach needs to contact EB's camp the day after the season is over.

FYI this season is wasted, burn it from their memory and move on.

34 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

To me, it seems obvious.  Jawaan Taylor and Wanya Morris cannot protect Mahomes.  He ran for his life, literally, the whole game.  Wanya is not ready at best, and Jawaan just sucks. Not even enough time to run the short game.  The Raiders did what teams to to QB's who are rookies. Rush the hell out of the passer and take the running game away.  We need tackles!!

I had hopes that Taylor just needed to get used to KC's System and he would be fine but he has been in a steady decline. Maybe we should have paid OBJ. KC has to revamp the WR core and i don't think they can do that and correct the OT position and find a CJ replacement all in the same offseason.

50 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Actually I think mahomes holds onto the ball too long.  I get he wants to move the ball down the field in big chunks.  I would like that also, but he doesn’t have that kind of talent around him.  I’m also not talking about short dink and dunk passing.  But find a receiver and throw it.  He waits for the absolute best receiver when there are receivers open or openish.  Get the ball to a guy who can make a play.  It seems like he holds it about 1-2 seconds too long on average.  With all of that being said he needs people to get open.  To improvise when they aren’t as long as the play allows it.  Several times he threw it to spots he thought a receiver would be and it was intercepted because they weren’t there.  Also, this offensive plan is just offensive and needs to be changed.  Yes Reid has a hand in it, but Nagy is the main driver of the offense.  No sense having an offensive coordinator if he doesn’t do anything.  Offensively the team needs to be cleaned out and new coaches hired. 

7 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I had hopes that Taylor just needed to get used to KC's System and he would be fine but he has been in a steady decline. Maybe we should have paid OBJ. KC has to revamp the WR core and i don't think they can do that and correct the OT position and find a CJ replacement all in the same offseason.

Yah, our tackles are not good and on top of that the scheme with avg receivers that don’t scare anyone. 

41 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

Actually I think mahomes holds onto the ball too long.  I get he wants to move the ball down the field in big chunks.  I would like that also, but he doesn’t have that kind of talent around him.  I’m also not talking about short dink and dunk passing.  But find a receiver and throw it.  He waits for the absolute best receiver when there are receivers open or openish.  Get the ball to a guy who can make a play.  It seems like he holds it about 1-2 seconds too long on average.  With all of that being said he needs people to get open.  To improvise when they aren’t as long as the play allows it.  Several times he threw it to spots he thought a receiver would be and it was intercepted because they weren’t there.  Also, this offensive plan is just offensive and needs to be changed.  Yes Reid has a hand in it, but Nagy is the main driver of the offense.  No sense having an offensive coordinator if he doesn’t do anything.  Offensively the team needs to be cleaned out and new coaches hired. 

It never comes out at the end of the drop almost ever. 

In addition a friend of mine pointed this out and it’s totally true. ” …might just be seeing the toll’ of the continuous long seasons on the org and primary players over the last 5 years: 2022-20 games, 2021- 20 games, 2020-19 games, 2019-19 games, 2018-19 games….wear and tear, physically and mentally.” 

I added in that, “They’ve been drafting at the absolute end of the first round for like 5 straight years. Most impact players are gone by then.” 

This was coming. Last year they shouldn’t have won but they somehow did. 

I am trying to look at the big picture. Watching the 49ers and Ravens, and remembering these two teams had down years not so long ago. The Chiefs have been in the mix and at the top for the past four seasons. This season may end in disappointment, but I see no reason they can't bounce back. 

I don’t buy into the tired thing. I know they have played more football than others but cmon. It’s about attitude and discipline. It’s about wanting it more. It’s about wanting to punch the guy in front of you. 
shit kelce had the energy today. He did not go down easy. He wanted it. 
Reid needs to kick some fukin ass and maybe kick Nagy while he is at it. 
get fukin Mahomes under Center and start playing some Marty ball so we can start learning how to punch instead of getting punched. 
Get the damn play action working to give us a bloody chance. 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Bolded..People who actually know what they are talking about (players) have disagreed. I have heard them say it.

I agree with the rest and I hope this is not the beginning of the end for Andy's stay here..he's been here how long now?

What are they suppose to say.  Staying on top is hard.  It takes its toll as there is constant pressure. But that may have nothing to do with it like those players have stated.  I'm not saying that the end is near with Andy either, as every team has a down year.  I think we can all agree this team isn't mentally capable of doing what it takes to eliminate mental mistakes.  It's undisciplined in almost every facet of the game minus the D.  The offensive game plans have sucked, execution has sucked, and players are regressing which imo points to coaching and a lack of accountability.   When Watson said they starting coming in early in week 11 or so I thought if they are just starting to come in to watch more tape together then were was the urgency after week 4?

What is crazy is this would be considered a banner year under Alex.  Crazy how high expectations have gotten.  I'm come to terms that this team could win the SB or get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  I'm going to enjoy the ride because even if we get bounced early there is still a lot of Mahomes career left to enjoy.  Just sad that when we finally have a legit D our O looks like a regurgitated Damon Huard and Herm Edwards crap show.

9 hours ago, mex said:

You’re not saying anything worth holding back on… the truth hurts. Worthy teams gonna kill us. The sucky part is, these teams are not beating us. Our mistakes are helping teams win. 

It absolutely does.  I just don't take writing off Mahomes and this team easily.  Crazy thing is if they just fixed mental mistakes and self inflicted errors they could win the SB with the roster they have as crappy as some parts are.   I just don't think they are capable of doing it anymore.   I think Mahomes has been able to mask a plethora of errors and this year he hasn't been able to and they are all being revealed.  Sometimes that is a good thing if it forced reflection and influences change to happen.  

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

I don't think O'Connell will be the QB next year. Chargers gonna have a new HC so who knows? They have talent. Each year is different. What the Chiefs put out there today won't beat very many teams.

The Chargers are in cap hell and they will have to cut some of their best players to get under the cap.  They don't have a ton of draft picks.  They went all in and failed miserably.  Its a good job because of Herbert but they have their work to do to be better than this year.

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Marcus Spears on the MNF pregame pretty much said the same thing

12 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

It's the first time he has faced adversity in his Pro Career, he is not sure how to react and everybody sees his expression that he does not have an answer. Nagy has no clue how to handle this kind of offense and needs to be shown the door or demoted. The question is who can handle this offense well and i think we all know the answer and he will be a FA in about two weeks so veach needs to contact EB's camp the day after the season is over.

FYI this season is wasted, burn it from their memory and move on.

the first time..really?

Maybe the first time with a an offense with no talent and has all but given up or like TK  just old

40 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Marcus Spears on the MNF pregame pretty much said the same thing

Yep.  Taylor has been a major disappointment.  We knew he was a subpar run blocker, but his pass blocking hasn't been stellar either.  Especially late.  He made Wiley look elite yesterday.  And his constant mistakes are infuriating.

D Smith is gone next year and Morris is probably better as a guard/swing tackle.  Prince hasn't proved to be anything better than 2nd or 3rd string at tackle, even if they bring him back.

The interior O-line has seemed to play down to the tackles level lately, as well.  

They are going to have to make some hard decisions on players in the offseason.  I don't envy Veach.  Sneed is #1 priority for me.  Which just a few weeks ago I didn't think they should do.  But, he is game changer.  Pay him.  Bolton and Creed need extended also.  Letting Jones walk makes those signings much easier, and honestly, probably better for the team long term.

7 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

I am regretting the fact that I spent a lot of money to come up for next weeks game. Tickets, airfare, AirBnB, car rental.

All to watch what is turning into a bigger shit show each week. 

Don't regret that man!  The Arrowhead experience is still the best thing ever.  Plus, you will probably see a very motivated Chiefs team next week.  I'd be excited!

The Chiefs are 2nd on defense, total yards, and points, wow!  Looking at the big picture again, it took time for the defense to get here. It may take the offense time (hopefully not too long) to catch back up. Rashee Rice is a good start, as well as Pacheco. The tackle position is a concern, but I'm not ready to give up on Morris yet. 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Yep.  Taylor has been a major disappointment.  We knew he was a subpar run blocker, but his pass blocking hasn't been stellar either.  Especially late.  He made Wiley look elite yesterday.  And his constant mistakes are infuriating.

D Smith is gone next year and Morris is probably better as a guard/swing tackle.  Prince hasn't proved to be anything better than 2nd or 3rd string at tackle, even if they bring him back.

The interior O-line has seemed to play down to the tackles level lately, as well.  

They are going to have to make some hard decisions on players in the offseason.  I don't envy Veach.  Sneed is #1 priority for me.  Which just a few weeks ago I didn't think they should do.  But, he is game changer.  Pay him.  Bolton and Creed need extended also.  Letting Jones walk makes those signings much easier, and honestly, probably better for the team long term.

Yea it’s going to be an interesting offseason. In addition to what you just said which I agree with they also have figure out the WRs plus figure out what to do on the dline after CJ leaves plus figuring out the LT spot.  Would look at replacing at least a couple of the position coaches as well.  Dunno if it all gets taken care of in one off season though.  

Spfd, 

I'm sure it will be fun. Grew up in KC so I know the town to some degree. Friends that are from Ohio will be with us so the MIZZOU game and Chiefs game will be a lot of fun for all of us.

Our friends are the ones that really wanted to see Arrowhead in person, because I said not like any they have seen!

39 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

I am regretting the fact that I spent a lot of money to come up for next weeks game. Tickets, airfare, AirBnB, car rental.

All to watch what is turning into a bigger shit show each week. 

2019 we went and seen them play on Sunday night against the Colts. Hill was out and I think Mahomes was dealing with some kind of injury.  Low scoring game that we lost.  Still don’t regret going as the whole experience was great from the time we got into the parking lot and started tailgating to walking out dejected.  It was fun and have no regrets. Nothing like a day at AH