43 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yea it’s going to be an interesting offseason. In addition to what you just said which I agree with they also have figure out the WRs plus figure out what to do on the dline after CJ leaves plus figuring out the LT spot.  Would look at replacing at least a couple of the position coaches as well.  Dunno if it all gets taken care of in one off season though.  

MVS is a goner, after seeing him give up on some plays yesterday fuck him. let him go play with rodgers again in NY.

Also Toney needs to figure out if he truly wants to be an NFL Player. I am not sure if he is as dedicated to putting in the work to get better. As a 2nd or 3rd year player he should not be making these rookie mistakes. Rice is a Keeper but do we know enough about Ross and James.

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

Yep.  Taylor has been a major disappointment.  We knew he was a subpar run blocker, but his pass blocking hasn't been stellar either.  Especially late.  He made Wiley look elite yesterday.  And his constant mistakes are infuriating.

D Smith is gone next year and Morris is probably better as a guard/swing tackle.  Prince hasn't proved to be anything better than 2nd or 3rd string at tackle, even if they bring him back.

The interior O-line has seemed to play down to the tackles level lately, as well.  

They are going to have to make some hard decisions on players in the offseason.  I don't envy Veach.  Sneed is #1 priority for me.  Which just a few weeks ago I didn't think they should do.  But, he is game changer.  Pay him.  Bolton and Creed need extended also.  Letting Jones walk makes those signings much easier, and honestly, probably better for the team long term.

Morris needs a bit more time. I have no problem with the job he's done.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

I like Morris and he has done some good things.  But, he has no punch right now, which causes him to get beat inside.  

He is still better than Donovan Smith has been, lol.

D. Smith is an RT pressed into service as a LT. He's out of place and it shows. I'd like to see him at RT and Morris at LT just to see how that goes.

A reality for the Raiders is they have nothing to lose and are just playing mean for a blue collar coach after idiot McDaniels sucked the life out of them. It is why the Chargers game will be tough now. No more moron coach ruining the mood.

Smith may have more strength/size or something, but he is grabby and is lazy when things move away from him and he stands around. Stopgap that isn’t back next year.

MVS will be out of the NFL in a year or two.

Mahomes has lost confidence and trust. Kelce is old and distracted by something new and probably more interesting to him at this stage in life. The desire to dominate is lacking and everyone treats KC as their Super Bowl. Andy is killing scenarios with cute football and they obviously need to spend more time on fundamentals given how sloppy it has been.

And all that being said, the only team to beat them this year is themselves.

On 12/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, SEMO said:

Yep.  Taylor has been a major disappointment.  We knew he was a subpar run blocker, but his pass blocking hasn't been stellar either.  Especially late.  He made Wiley look elite yesterday.  And his constant mistakes are infuriating.

D Smith is gone next year and Morris is probably better as a guard/swing tackle.  Prince hasn't proved to be anything better than 2nd or 3rd string at tackle, even if they bring him back.

The interior O-line has seemed to play down to the tackles level lately, as well.  

They are going to have to make some hard decisions on players in the offseason.  I don't envy Veach.  Sneed is #1 priority for me.  Which just a few weeks ago I didn't think they should do.  But, he is game changer.  Pay him.  Bolton and Creed need extended also.  Letting Jones walk makes those signings much easier, and honestly, probably better for the team long term.

I agree with most of that, except the guards comment.  When you have two bad tackles against good rushing teams, the guards have to spread out a little more to help chip the tackles.  That leaves them more vulnerable  on the inside.  If you fix the tackles, our guards will be fine.

Also, regarding a horrible offense, remember the floor is quite high as long as Mahomes is at QB. And with Kelce bracketed all year, it doesn't leave much for Mahomes.  Getting a really good and fast WR will also fix Kelce for 2-3 more years.  Also, if there is a really fast, elusive RB in the second round, they should go for it.  Spectacular catch the previous week or not, CEH is not really going to help this team and needs to go.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Also, regarding a horrible offense, remember the floor is quite high as long as Mahomes is at QB. And with Kelce bracketed all year, it doesn't leave much for Mahomes.  Getting a really good and fast WR will also fix Kelce for 2-3 more years.  Also, if there is a really fast, elusive RB in the second round, they should go for it.  Spectacular catch the previous week or not, CEH is not really going to help this team and needs to go.

we have Perine and Prince on the roster at RB, maybe we can hit on either of them because we may have used up everything that McKinnon has left and CEH is done here.

3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

we have Perine and Prince on the roster at RB, maybe we can hit on either of them because we may have used up everything that McKinnon has left and CEH is done here.

The lack of McKinnon's blocking really hurt against the Raiders.  The two young guys are unlikely to provide that.

We can save the dynasty by getting one or two good tackles, getting one big name WR in free agency,  keeping as much of the defense intact as possible economically, and by getting rid of Nagy.  Reid and Mahomes will do the rest. Its not the end of the world.

It is nice having a great defense, but as long as we have Mahomes, this should be an offensive team primarily, even if we have to slip back to middle of the pack defensively.