Season is not over.

I've said this weeks ago, and heard some of the media saying the same thing lately. KC has played more games than any team in the NFL the last 5 years.  I think fatigue is part of the reason for their play. I wont be all that upset if they're  one and done this year. They need to decompress, rest up and do some serious evaluating.

JMO.

I mean....I like the fact they aren't publicly pointing fingers and stuff. I'm just hoping behind closed doors someone is chewing someone's ass! That game against the Raiders was an embarrassment. I mean ....it's the Raiders at home. Christmas day. Backup QB. Backup RB. And the Chiefs absolutely shit themselves. In my opinion....the offense is not fixable this year.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I mean....I like the fact they aren't publicly pointing fingers and stuff. I'm just hoping behind closed doors someone is chewing someone's ass! That game against the Raiders was an embarrassment. I mean ....it's the Raiders at home. Christmas day. Backup QB. Backup RB. And the Chiefs absolutely shit themselves. In my opinion....the offense is not fixable this year.

I agree...not fixable. 

But they could "duct tape" it, and win a couple of games...I think. The offense has gotten worse every week, but they we're playing pretty decent in the middle of the year. If they can at least get back to that...Say 24 pts per game, 1 turnover and cut penalties by 50%, maybe they can get back to the AFCCG?

IDK, maybe defenses have completely shifted to what KC can do offensively and taken everything away. I mean they do seem to pretty predicatable lately:

1st down: run or horizontal pass for minimal yardage

2nd down..(1st read Kelce, 2nd read Kelce, 3rd read sack or incomplete)

Now, 3rd and long..1st and 2nd read Kelce, hold the ball, take sack or get a holding penalty..

I mean shit, that offensively philosphy seems productive....right?

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Not this year. He's proven he's human.

Used to be nobody could beat him. Now it's routine.

In the past I remember the announcers throwing out all the stats during the game. "Mahomes has never lost in September". "Mahomes has never lost to a division opponent after October", etc...

One by one all those stats have fallen. Mahomes, like a lot of players on this team, has gotten worse. He has still had a brilliant career so far, but this year he looks pretty ordinary. 

Never count him out. Mahomes is a Jedi. “You don’t need to see an offense. These aren’t the losses you expected. I’m still Mahomes. Move along.” 

I’ve seen him do amazing things. He’s pissed off. Ultra competitive. Be the grim reaper. 

IMG_2684.jpeg

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Never count him out. Mahomes is a Jedi. “You don’t need to see an offense. These aren’t the losses you expected. I’m still Mahomes. Move along.” 

I’ve seen him do amazing things. He’s pissed off. Ultra competitive. Be the grim reaper. 

IMG_2684.jpeg

Mahomes is like:

Sexy-taylor-swift GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

IMG_2684.jpeg

I don’t believe it for a second but.. If Eli Manning won with a 9-7 record and a top tier defense. I feel it still if they get it together and win out. Impossible but not improbable. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

We've all seen him do amazing things.

He's been pissed off all season. The offense is getting WORSE.

If it weren't for a defense that is undoubtedly the best since the days of Marty Schottenheimer, we would be getting ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASED.

There would be mobs of disgruntled fans storming 1 Arrowhead Drive with pitchforks, torches and hanging-Toney effigies.

I just don’t know how to feel. The guy is the guy. We all know that. It’s a hard choice to bury them with that guy as the quarterback. Find someone to catch the ball and it ain’t over. We’ve seen Mahomes fire a ball into an open receiver and have it bounce off his hands. They catch it and this season is very different. I’m torn. Please catch the ball! Give Mahomes a chance 

4 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I just don’t know how to feel. The guy is the guy. We all know that. It’s a hard choice to bury them with that guy as the quarterback. Find someone to catch the ball and it ain’t over. We’ve seen Mahomes fire a ball into an open receiver and have it bounce off his hands. They catch it and this season is very different. I’m torn. Please catch the ball! Give Mahomes a chance 

Nobody in this forum disagrees with this. I've stayed optimistic this whole season... always thinking "They'll get it together" or "we're just beating ourselves" or "it's just been a run of bad luck."

Only to have them tear our hearts right out from our ribcage, the latest embarrassment coming as a gift-wrapped Christmas present to the raiders. 

THE FUCKING RAIDERS :angry: :angry: 

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Nobody in this forum disagrees with this. I've stayed optimistic this whole season... always thinking "They'll get it together" or "we're just beating ourselves" or "it's just been a run of bad luck."

Only to have them tear our hearts right out from our ribcage, the latest embarrassment coming as a gift-wrapped Christmas present to the raiders. 

THE FUCKING RAIDERS :angry: :angry: 

It was a game against a divisional opponent. You can’t expect to automatically win these games when you play them twice a year. They built their team to beat the Chiefs. It happens. 

24 minutes ago, dhitter said:

In the past I remember the announcers throwing out all the stats during the game. "Mahomes has never lost in September". "Mahomes has never lost to a division opponent after October", etc...

One by one all those stats have fallen. Mahomes, like a lot of players on this team, has gotten worse. He has still had a brilliant career so far, but this year he looks pretty ordinary. 

He's not been looking himself, but if his receivers had hung onto half of those league leading number of drops would we be having this conversation?

30 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Two losses due to Toney bouncing balls to pick 6 or off side call. One loss on a very catchable ball to MVS. 3 plays and we would be at 12-4 right now easily. It happens. We need to play better and overcome this bs. Go on a hot streak in the playoffs and shut everyone up. If not, wither way we need a true WR, LT if not Morris,  DT for Jones and other areas to help out.

13 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Two losses due to Toney bouncing balls to pick 6 or off side call. One loss on a very catchable ball to MVS. 3 plays and we would be at 12-4 right now easily. It happens. We need to play better and overcome this bs. Go on a hot streak in the playoffs and shut everyone up. If not, wither way we need a true WR, LT if not Morris,  DT for Jones and other areas to help out.

It’s all there. Everything you said. If it has to happen. In Veach we trust. The guy deserves a hard pass. 

4 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

He's not been looking himself, but if his receivers had hung onto half of those league leading number of drops would we be having this conversation?

It's not just the drops. It's the penalties ....it's the turnovers. All of it. Mahomes has to own his share of it. Some of those INTs were just god awful decisions.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

It's not just the drops. It's the penalties ....it's the turnovers. All of it. Mahomes has to own his share of it. Some of those INTs were just god awful decisions.

Thats why I said he hasnt been looking good. You're right, he's  been making really bad decisions.The other day he could have easliy run for the first down but instead throws it into double coverage. You're also right about the penalties. But I still stand behind my post. Toney doesnt drop the ball they likely would've  beat Detroit. MVS doesnt drop that ball they likely beat Philly