Chiefs vs bungals game day thread.

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well, it feels like the chiefs played a better game today. Liked the deep shots and the run game. 
it felt better and we moved the ball pretty well. Penalties were limited and one turnover which cost us 7. 
great win and if we can keep building on this who knows what can happen. 
really like what rice brings. Rookie at that. Amazing. 

Too many RZ trips w/o a TD though... FGs won't cut it in the plaoffs.

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Created the thread a little early. We never really did an official one last week and that’s why we lost. Lol. 
let’s go chiefs! Please show us something to be hopeful about! 

Hat tip for starting an official game thread this week. I nominate you as "Official Game Thread Starter" for the rest of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs won because Reid stuck to the run with 10. If 10 is healthy, and the Chiefs play defense, they can win a playoff game. 
Chiefs win when they can run the ball. 

Running the ball eventually opened up the passing game also. That pass to Rice was nice. 

6 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Okay so I understand we are locked in at 3 seed? No matter what happens next week? 
if that is the case, who would we possibly play? 

With the Chiefs holding the third spot, there are five potential opponents they could face on Wild Card Weekend: Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans or Pittsburgh Steelers.

Basically 2 seed plays 7th seed. 3 vs 6 and then 4 v 5. As of right now Buffalo is the 6th seed. Next week though if they beat Miami then Miami would be a wild card team. They would have 6 losses and be our team to play.

If Buffalo loses they will be out if the Steelers then win. This pushes up the winner of the Houston/Indy game into the 6th seed.

If Jags and Bils both lose amd Steelers win, the Steelers would get the 6th seed.

Basically if Miami loses, they are our opponent. Bills lose then many scenarios come into play.

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs won because Reid stuck to the run with 10. If 10 is healthy, and the Chiefs play defense, they can win a playoff game. 
Chiefs win when they can run the ball. 

Ya gotta do both. Passing threat helps the run game. 

Personally I'd like to see Mahomes under center occasionally and run a few old fashioned play-action passes. They just don't seem as effective from shotgun.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Snead is a shut down corner ..he's not average  and if I had to choose  I'd take him over CJ, Shut Downs are harder to find and he's younger

100%

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

With the Chiefs holding the third spot, there are five potential opponents they could face on Wild Card Weekend: Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans or Pittsburgh Steelers.

Basically 2 seed plays 7th seed. 3 vs 6 and then 4 v 5. As of right now Buffalo is the 6th seed. Next week though if they beat Miami then Miami would be a wild card team. They would have 6 losses and be our team to play.

If Buffalo loses they will be out if the Steelers then win. This pushes up the winner of the Houston/Indy game into the 6th seed.

If Jags and Bils both lose amd Steelers win, the Steelers would get the 6th seed.

Basically if Miami loses, they are our opponent. Bills lose then many scenarios come into play.

I want buffalo at Arrowhead again. It's payback time.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Snead is a shut down corner ..he's not average  and if I had to choose  I'd take him over CJ, Shut Downs are harder to find and he's younger

All things being equal, CJ is much more important to the defense, and it is not even close.  Offenses game plan for him, double teams, chips, etc.  It opens up opportunities for everyone else on the line.  

I love Sneed and agree that he should be the target, but only because of CJ's age and potential cost.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

All things being equal, CJ is much more important to the defense, and it is not even close.  Offenses game plan for him, double teams, chips, etc.  It opens up opportunities for everyone else on the line.  

I love Sneed and agree that he should be the target, but only because of CJ's age and potential cost.

This. We are going to have an issue filling CJ shoes. What have we had next to him, ever? If he was 26 I would be wanting him over Sneed. If we had the cap space and still able to retain others, I would still want him. 

Getting a true WR1 and then signing Sneed and others is what we need to do.  We will also need a DT replacement for CJ and thst won't be cheap. Getting a rookie DT in the draft at end ofn1st round, if one is there, means him adjusting to spags D, time to get nfl ready etc. Going to be interesting to see what Veach does. 

One thing is for sure,  the D will miss Jones. Thing is even with bad defenses and a good O, PM made it work to win sb etc. I just hope our D is still closer to top ten next year with our O Getting back to what we know they can be.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Did Sneed tell Chase that he appreciated his efforts as an opponent?  🙂

I'm sure they exchanged niceties after the game... maybe even swapped quiche recipes.