AFC WEST CHAMPS

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Forgot about them.  Won't matter as they seem to have thrown the towel in plus we win today anyways. 

You guys aren’t getting it…

Payton believes his offense will be better with Jarrett Stidham than Russell Wilson, and so far he’s correct.

Denver likely will not win the division, but they definitely have not thrown in the towel.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Payton believes his offense will be better with Jarrett Stidham than Russell Wilson, and so far he’s correct.

Denver likely will not win the division, but they definitely have not thrown in the towel.

We will see next year how he does. Of you dont get over .500 this year, maybe you do finally next year. If you are below .500 next year it won't be good imo. I think getting over that hump will be huge for you all.

KC, with a win, could not fall to the AFC’s 4 seed; the Chiefs would finish no worse than 10-7, and no AFC South team can finish better than 10-7. The Chiefs own a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Jacksonville Jaguars, and their at-worst 8-4 conference record would be above the Houston Texans.

We will sit players next week.

Guys, I love the optimism.  I really do.  But let's be brutally honest.  We beat the Bengals by great defense and field goals.  We cannot get much farther with Wanya Morris protecting Mahomes' blind side and with Valdez-Scantling getting snaps and supposedly being the only guy who can stretch the field.  We are 2 good tackles, two wide receivers, and another good RB from getting to the Super Bowl, much less winning one. Oh, and we need to bring Bienemy back. I almost forgot that.

3 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Better how? They scored 16 points against a crappy defense at home.

55 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Guys, I love the optimism.  I really do.  But let's be brutally honest.  We beat the Bengals by great defense and field goals.  We cannot get much farther with Wanya Morris protecting Mahomes' blind side and with Valdez-Scantling getting snaps and supposedly being the only guy who can stretch the field.  We are 2 good tackles, two wide receivers, and another good RB from getting to the Super Bowl, much less winning one. Oh, and we need to bring Bienemy back. I almost forgot that.

I mean we literally won the superbowl last year with a worse defense, bad tackles, and mostly the same receivers and RBs.  But ok.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I thought Morris played well after he gave up the strip sack. I think he's a good athlete and has some upside. 

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I thought Morris played well after he gave up the strip sack. I think he's a good athlete and has some upside. 

He battles it out like Fisher did. 

10 hours ago, xen said:

I mean we literally won the superbowl last year with a worse defense, bad tackles, and mostly the same receivers and RBs.  But ok.

Yea I know we have issues but when you start looking at the playoff field so does everybody else.  Ravens look to be the strongest but they won’t play another meaningful game till Jan 20th or 21st.  That kind of time off can kill momentum much like it did in 2019 when they had the top seed and although Jackson has had a MVP type season he still hasn’t shown he can do it in the playoffs.  

NFL is kinda been weird this year as their has been a lot of bad football played including KC.  We do have something no other team has a team that’s won close games in the playoffs and with Mahomes as the QB anything is possible.  They could lose in the first round or get to the big one but with the way this year has gone neither would surprise me but I can’t say we won’t get there not with the only QB/HC combo that knows how to win close games in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yea I know we have issues but when you start looking at the playoff field so does everybody else.  Ravens look to be the strongest but they won’t play another meaningful game till Jan 20th or 21st.  That kind of time off can kill momentum much like it did in 2019 when they had the top seed and although Jackson has had a MVP type season he still hasn’t shown he can do it in the playoffs.  

NFL is kinda been weird this year as their has been a lot of bad football played including KC.  We do have something no other team has a team that’s won close games in the playoffs and with Mahomes as the QB anything is possible.  They could lose in the first round or get to the big one but with the way this year has gone neither would surprise me but I can’t say we won’t get there not with the only QB/HC combo that knows how to win close games in the playoffs. 

Wasn't talking about this year.  May take a miracle this year. Can't disagree with your assessment though.  Who knows with this group.  If they don't drop or turn the ball over they can play with anybody.  But who knows if they can do that.

Was mostly speaking to the contention that we're that far away from another superbowl.  We've seen Veach put together multiple superbowl rosters and remake entire position groups in short order.  We're not that far off and I expect we'll be back in contention next year.

21 minutes ago, xen said:

Wasn't talking about this year.  May take a miracle this year. Can't disagree with your assessment though.  Who knows with this group.  If they don't drop or turn the ball over they can play with anybody.  But who knows if they can do that.

Was mostly speaking to the contention that we're that far away from another superbowl.  We've seen Veach put together multiple superbowl rosters and remake entire position groups in short order.  We're not that far off and I expect we'll be back in contention next year.

Easily. Only need a couple dudes and it’s right back to the top.🔝 

If KC stops with the Stupid Penalties, Minimizes Turnovers, Catch the Ball & #15 is Upright......they can beat anyone

also ....Wanago's playing "OK" and he certainly provides an alternative in 2024.....

MVS ....man o man.....To quote the Great One "He has got to go!"

4 minutes ago, West said:

If KC stops with the Stupid Penalties, Minimizes Turnovers, Catch the Ball & #15 is Upright......they can beat anyone

also ....Wanago's playing "OK" and he certainly provides an alternative in 2024.....

MVS ....man o man.....To quote the Great One "He has got to go!"

IM not sure what the staff is trying to accomplish but he’s gotta sit. Challenging the qb after you drop a ball is bold 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Easily. Only need a couple dudes and it’s right back to the top.🔝 

True, but those necessary dudes are at two premium positions, OT and WR.  It's easier to get interior linemen and LBs than those top two positions.  If the Chiefs draft around #25, they may find a receiver but getting one and a starting tackle out of the draft isn't easy.  That leaves FA and unless they unload Jones, that's another tough task.

20 hours ago, xen said:

Won't happen this year.  If it does, I pledge to donate $50 to the coalition as penance for being such a pessimist.  By the way, Wiley was twice as good a RT as Jawaan Taylor. Brown was a great run blocker at LT, though a crappy pass blocker...but no worse or better than Wanya Morris is at this point in his career.  We also had a healthy McKinnon to pass block at the end of the season and in the playoffs.  We also had a firey and knowledgeable offensive coordinator, not the cool and cerebral but uninspiring Nagy.  Even with those things, we were extremely lucky winning very close games throughout the season.  It was some kind of miracle that we beat the Eagles in the super bowl.  So, let's be realistic about last season.  We still need to fix the OT's, get another RB, Get at least one really dominant WR who stretches the field, and get a better OC if we want to continue the dynasty.

BTW, if we don't give Mahomes what he needs to be protected and somebody added who can catch the ball, we are simply wasting the talent of the best QB in football.  It has been shown that teams with great defenses and ordinary offenses RARELY win the SuperBowl..  We have to win by offense to do that.