I'm very torn on this situation.  Part of me wants to rest the offense to avoid injury but part of me wants them to play and improve in game situations.  It worked out with only getting FG's but that's not going to fly in the playoffs more than likely. 

24 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

It's the old dilemma. Rest them or keep them in game rhythm. 

Letting the injuries heal is a bonus, though. 

What game rhythm? :lol: 

Will Reid get sentimental and try to get Kelce to 1000?  Outside of that, there's no interest in the Charger game since it #3 no matter what.  Shall we be rooting for the Bills to beat MIA because one of them is a likely opponent in the first round?  Either way, it's unlikely that the Chiefs can win more than one playoff game, if even that. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Will Reid get sentimental and try to get Kelce to 1000?  Outside of that, there's no interest in the Charger game since it #3 no matter what.  Shall we be rooting for the Bills to beat MIA because one of them is a likely opponent in the first round?  Either way, it's unlikely that the Chiefs can win more than one playoff game, if even that. 

With the Chiefs holding the third spot, there are five potential opponents they could face on Wild Card Weekend: Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans or Pittsburgh Steelers.

Basically 2 seed plays 7th seed. 3 vs 6 and then 4 v 5. As of right now Buffalo is the 6th seed. Next week though if they beat Miami then Miami would be a wild card team. They would have 6 losses and be our team to play.

If Buffalo loses they will be out if the Steelers then win. This pushes up the winner of the Houston/Indy game into the 6th seed.

If Jags and Bils both lose and Steelers win, the Steelers would get the 6th seed.

Basically if Miami loses, they are our opponent. Bills lose then many scenarios come into play.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, gotta get him 16 more yards. Hopefully didn't take all game to get that, like it did against the Bengals. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Thank you for that bright ray of sunshine, Mr Positive. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I'll bet my next paycheck he will. 

As long as Taylor gives permission, I'm good with it. 

Seriously tho I think the starters play a quarter... unless they are battling injury.

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Kelce, Rice and Pacheco are all close to the 1000 mark...

Yep, and the Chargers aren't exactly the 1985 Bears on defense.  Still not worth playing anyone a little banged up just to achieve a round number in the final stat line.  Saturday will be an interesting day.  PIT is playing for a shot at the playoffs while BAL is coasting.  Then IND and HOU duel it out, again for a possible playoff spot.  BUFF/MIA also is important for the Chiefs fans.  That's just the AFC.  Man, I love this time of the year.  

16 hours ago, mex said:

It's almost better than a bye. We can rest all of our starters, giving the injured two weeks to heal, and we can also play our backups for needed game reps. 

Exactly right.  That's why the "experts" say we are the underdogs against the Chargers.  We must do exactly what you say, while the Chargers have nothing to lose by putting their best players in there to get some better feeling or momentum going into the draft. So, they will be putting their best product on the field, and we will not so much.  Also if we lose, maybe we will get to be one or two spots higher in each round of the draft.  I absolutely pick the Chargers next week for those reasons.

Let Pacheco get a few runs and force feed kelce for 16 yards then sit. Kelce record may never be marched for consecutive 1,00 yard seasons but having another year added would be nice in keeping it even harder to match.

Jones should get a couple series if he wants. Make it known either he gets it then as he will be sitting. It will show others the Chiefs are not just about money etc. I can hear him now whining because he did not get a chance and he had asked for it etc. A few reps may back fire, but if you ask the players they will appreciate the choice imo.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

I would scheme around Kelce the whole first quarter to get him the 1000 and then bench him.  That record is important imo, not to team success but for a player who has played way over his contract value over the years.  Get him the record.  Their D is a joke.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Exactly right.  That's why the "experts" say we are the underdogs against the Chargers.  We must do exactly what you say, while the Chargers have nothing to lose by putting their best players in there to get some better feeling or momentum going into the draft. So, they will be putting their best product on the field, and we will not so much.  Also if we lose, maybe we will get to be one or two spots higher in each round of the draft.  I absolutely pick the Chargers next week for those reasons.

So the Chiefs went from opening as four point favorites to two point dogs.  Smart guys have figured out that the game means nothing to the Chiefs.  Right now, they sit at the #25 draft position and that won't change much from the game results.  The Chargers are around #5 and that won't move too much either with a win so they may be playing for contracts.  It will be interesting watching the Chiefs and not caring whether they win or lose.  

44 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So the Chiefs went from opening as four point favorites to two point dogs.  Smart guys have figured out that the game means nothing to the Chiefs.  Right now, they sit at the #25 draft position and that won't change much from the game results.  The Chargers are around #5 and that won't move too much either with a win so they may be playing for contracts.  It will be interesting watching the Chiefs and not caring whether they win or lose.  

I always care, especially about a division game.  Fuck those guys.