Gay/Omenihu issue

We need that kind of accountability.  Not coddling players.  No suprise the D is by far the better unit.  The O consoles and coddles players who make mistake after mistake.  I understand encouragement works wonders but there is a point that encouragement condones poor play and behavior and keeps players from acknowledging their errors.   Tough love is a balance of both.  Glad CO finally feels the comfortable enough to voice that.  The D played a lot better afterwards as well.

I was first row behind the defensive side of the bench.  It wasn't Gaye and Omenihu, it was Gaye and Jones.  Jones was chewing his ass for the whiff tackle on the play before.  That was the second sideline shit that broke out during that game, but from people I know that watched the game on tv that was the only one the cameras caught.  Earlier before that, it was Jones and Omenihu going at it, and Bolton came in and pulled Omenihu back.  We couldn't tell what all was said, but at one point Jones did say to Omenihu "5 sacks bro", referring to Omenihu's sack total for the season.  

I'm all for holding guys accountable, but that game to me just looked like CJ is a POS and shitty teammate, that's just my opinion on the matter.  The defensive sideline looked like a clownshow with our guys screaming and fighting with each other.  I was happy to get out of there with a win, but after all the sideline bs, it's hard for me to believe that this team isn't fractured, and that our ceiling is substantially lower because of it.  I really don't have high hopes beyond the wild card game based on the sideline crap I saw last week between the Bengals and Raiders games, both games that I was lucky enough to be sitting right behind our sideline where I could see it all.  

17 minutes ago, moons314 said:

To add to my previous post, I'm firmly against resigning Jones btw. 

well snowflake it's a pretty safe bet that they wont but CJ has been to the promised land and probably wants to go one more time  then take a  payday JMO but maybe Patrick needs to jump in some ass but then he's having his payday.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

well snowflake it's a pretty safe bet that they wont but CJ has been to the promised land and probably wants to go one more time  then take a  payday JMO but maybe Patrick needs to jump in some ass but then he's having his payday.

No snowflake.  There’s a difference between jumping ass competitively and watching what jones has been like.  

On 1/2/2024 at 1:12 PM, moons314 said:

To add to my previous post, I'm firmly against resigning Jones btw. 

I proposed trading him before the last draft and got taken to school for it.  He would have given the Chiefs a good draft pick then.  Now, even with a tag and trade, he won't be worth a high pick.  Sure, he helps the rest of the D-line with him being double teamed and taking the focus off Karlaftis, Dana, and Omenihu, but not $30,000,000 worth when one considers bringing in a good but lesser DT along with a WR and having the cap space to resign Sneed and/or Gay.  Good teams that hang on to stars too long don't remain good, even with a GOAT QB.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I proposed trading him before the last draft and got taken to school for it.  He would have given the Chiefs a good draft pick then.  Now, even with a tag and trade, he won't be worth a high pick.  Sure, he helps the rest of the D-line with him being double teamed and taking the focus off Karlaftis, Dana, and Omenihu, but not $30,000,000 worth when one considers bringing in a good but lesser DT along with a WR and having the cap space to resign Sneed and/or Gay.  Good teams that hang on to stars too long don't remain good, even with a GOAT QB.  

unless you where in the front office you dont know shit. You have no idea who offered what or even if there was a who and a what. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

unless you where in the front office you dont know shit. You have no idea who offered what or even if there was a who and a what. 

No, but my barber has a sister in law who knows someone who works in concessions at Arrowhead.  So There!

Actually, there was plenty of speculation the Jones had trade value last off season.  Hard facts?  Of course not, but league history would provide reasonable guide lines.  The Clark trade to KC might be an example.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I proposed trading him before the last draft and got taken to school for it.

Not by me... I agreed with you 100%.

That said, I can understand why you might think so... bein' as how I've taken you to school on so many other topics. 😁

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Damn dude. Run out of happy pills today?

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No, but my barber has a sister in law who knows someone who works in concessions at Arrowhead.  So There!

Actually, there was plenty of speculation the Jones had trade value last off season.  Hard facts?  Of course not, but league history would provide reasonable guide lines.  The Clark trade to KC might be an example.  

Pretty sure after the AFCCG his stock went up... I tend to agree Jet... we might could have gotten something. Not so much this year, unless he blows up in the playoffs. What is he, like 20th in total sacks this season?

51 minutes ago, mex said:

.. bein' as how I've taken you to school on so many other topics. 😁

Okay, I'll give you beer brewing.  Trying to think of another topic, but nothing comes to mind.  Thought of you as we whizzed through ABQ earlier this week and wondered if you had any new concoctions this year.  Will toss down some dark brews as we watch the Gabbert to Ross show on Sunday.  

12 hours ago, mex said:

Damn dude. Run out of happy pills today?

I guess I should of said Crap?I guess I should of been nicer since this is not the lR. 

Regardless of verbiage the song remains the same..ya dont know what ya dont know and we all dont know "crap" when it comes to the efforts or lack there of  in regards to moving CJ pre draft.