Butker vs Stenerud.....

3 hours ago, West said:

Harrison Butker  is the greatest FG Kicker in Chiefs History......Dude is already in the Ring of Honor.

Was Jan the best? I thought Nick the Kick was better, stat-wise. Jan did make the NFLHOF though...

10 minutes ago, mex said:

Was Jan the best? I thought Nick the Kick was better, stat-wise. Jan did make the NFLHOF though...

What a weird piece of good fortune the Chiefs went straight from Jan to Nick, while I remember other teams struggling with their kickers for years. 

41 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

What a weird piece of good fortune the Chiefs went straight from Jan to Nick, while I remember other teams struggling with their kickers for years. 

To West's point... Butker has only had 50% of the total starts Nick Lowry had. He's just under 90% and has, by far, the most 50+ FGs.

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think comparing is Folly. 2 different generations with training/nutrition similar to pitting Buck Buchannan v CJ

Meh... they're just kickers. Their jobs haven't changed nor has their physiques. 

4 minutes ago, mex said:

Meh... they're just kickers. Their jobs haven't changed nor has their physiques. 

Turf fields, domes, offensive rule changes mean more field goal and extra point opportunities, and like the rest of the players they are bigger and stronger.  Butker is 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier than Jan.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Turf fields, domes, offensive rule changes mean more field goal and extra point opportunities, and like the rest of the players they are bigger and stronger.  Butker is 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier than Jan.  

Well that's what he gets for having a name like Jan.

23 minutes ago, mex said:

Well that's what he gets for having a name like Jan.

Butker made the kicks in the AFCCG and the SB last year.  Jan missed in the Christmas playoff game against MIA and broke our hearts.  Love Stenerud, but Butker hit the winners. 

On 1/1/2024 at 2:42 PM, mex said:

To West's point... Butker has only had 50% of the total starts Nick Lowry had. He's just under 90% and has, by far, the most 50+ FGs.

When I think about Butker, I always think of that game in the snow I think two seasons ago, when he tried a 58 yard field goal three times in a row.  He made them all, even though one was wiped out by a time out, another when another time out was called as he was kicking in order to "ice" him, but he had kicked it already and made it  Then he finally hit it anyway the third time.  Three consecutive successful 58 yard kicks in the snow, and he made all three but got credit for only one.  The only ice he knows is the stuff in his veins.