3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

From what I gathered  TK is going to play until he gets his 1000yrds and Gabbert is qb throwing to Ross and KT for the most part

fine by me.

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

is it weird I feel like we can still beat the bolts with our backups?

If we lose and finish at 10-7, do we get a better draft position than if we win?

Because if so, I'm here to tell ya... I'ma root for a loss... in a very close contest between our backups and the bolts.

20 hours ago, mex said:

If we lose and finish at 10-7, do we get a better draft position than if we win?

Because if so, I'm here to tell ya... I'ma root for a loss... in a very close contest between our backups and the bolts.

Only if we lose in the first round of the playoffs will it matter. We win it all we get the 32nd pick no matter if we have 7 loses and say SF had 4 then. I don't want us to lose in the wild card round at all. I want to go for it all.

35 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Only if we lose in the first round of the playoffs will it matter. We win it all we get the 32nd pick bo matter if we have 7 loses and say SF had 4 then. I don't want us to lose in the wild card round at all. I want to go for it all.

I'll take a SB run every day.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Does the draft order reflect the playoff tie breakers?  There are two six loss teams, KC and BUFF.  The Bills are fighting for a playoff spot and could drop MIA to six losses as well.  There are a lot more seven loss teams such a JAX and PIT and if the Chiefs lose and they both win, I assume the Jags will still finish behind the Chiefs and ahead in the draft order.  Question two:  Does playoff success influence the draft order if a teams doesn't reach the SB?  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Does the draft order reflect the playoff tie breakers?  There are two six loss teams, KC and BUFF.  The Bills are fighting for a playoff spot and could drop MIA to six losses as well.  There are a lot more seven loss teams such a JAX and PIT and if the Chiefs lose and they both win, I assume the Jags will still finish behind the Chiefs and ahead in the draft order.  Question two:  Does playoff success influence the draft order if a teams doesn't reach the SB?  

The short answer to your questions is "Yes".

The draft order for the first 18 teams will be set after this weekend.  All non-playoff teams will be ranked from worst-to-best record.  The next 6 slots (#19-24) will consist of the wild-card round losers.  Their rankings will be from worst-to-best record, but only within those 6 teams, with tiebreakers among them.  The next 4 slots (#25-28) are for the Divisional Round losers, who are also ranked by record.  Slots #29 and 30 are for the Conference Championship losers, with #31 and #32 reserved for the SuperBowl teams.

As an outlandish example, let's say Atlanta wins their division and makes it all the way to the NFCCC game, but loses.  They would end up in Slot #29, even though multiple teams with a better (i.e. - winning) record would have picks before them.

49 minutes ago, Boone said:

The short answer to your questions is "Yes".

The draft order for the first 18 teams will be set after this weekend.  All non-playoff teams will be ranked from worst-to-best record.  The next 6 slots (#19-24) will consist of the wild-card round losers.  Their rankings will be from worst-to-best record, but only within those 6 teams, with tiebreakers among them.  The next 4 slots (#25-28) are for the Divisional Round losers, who are also ranked by record.  Slots #29 and 30 are for the Conference Championship losers, with #31 and #32 reserved for the SuperBowl teams.

As an outlandish example, let's say Atlanta wins their division and makes it all the way to the NFCCC game, but loses.  They would end up in Slot #29, even though multiple teams with a better (i.e. - winning) record would have picks before them.

Thanks, Boone.  That clears up a lot of questions.  So if the Chiefs won their first round game but lost game two, they would draft between #28 and #24.  If they lost the first game, they would be at least #23 or lower depending on the records of who else lost in the first round.  Interesting.  It makes one root for the teams with worse records to win some playoff games.   

Based on the Arrowhead Pride playoff cheatsheet, Pittsburgh beating the Ravens today guarantees that the Bills can not be the 6th seed, and will not face the Chiefs in the wild card round.

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

Based on the Arrowhead Pride playoff cheatsheet, Pittsburgh beating the Ravens today guarantees that the Bills can not be the 6th seed, and will not face the Chiefs in the wild card round.

Well I like that. 

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Haven't seen AP, but If the Bills win, KC would face them the following week. (Assuming they win at home.)  If the Dolphins win, the Chiefs would probably play there.  Best case is Dolphins win and then lose their first playoff game.

58 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

Bills will crush the Fins. Miami is missing some critical players. They will lose by 20 or more.

Yeah I don't see Miami winning that game.  Bills will likely get the 2 seed.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Haven't seen AP, but If the Bills win, KC would face them the following week. (Assuming they win at home.)  If the Dolphins win, the Chiefs would probably play there.  Best case is Dolphins win and then lose their first playoff game.

Well either way, mahomes will get a road playoff game unless shit hits the fan with 1 and 2 seeds shitting the bed.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well either way, mahomes will get a road playoff game unless shit hits the fan with 1 and 2 seeds shitting the bed.

True, but I think the worst case is playing in BUFF in January.  If MIA wins today, the Chiefs would play a home game against a lower team and then play the Dolphins on the road.  Better than MIA and BUFF back to back. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, but I think the worst case is playing in BUFF in January.  If MIA wins today, the Chiefs would play a home game against a lower team and then play the Dolphins on the road.  Better than MIA and BUFF back to back. 

I hope Buffalo loses today. Just to see them out of it.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I hope Buffalo loses today. Just to see them out of it.

Cincy out of it was my first priority.  Then the Raiders, Donks, and finally the Bills.  Can't hate on the Bills.  They won the AFC how many times and never got a ring.  Besides, Allen seems like a nicer guy than Burrow.  

56 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Cincy out of it was my first priority.  Then the Raiders, Donks, and finally the Bills.  Can't hate on the Bills.  They won the AFC how many times and never got a ring.  Besides, Allen seems like a nicer guy than Burrow.  

Oh I can hate on them because of their potential if they get the 2nd seed.