Looks like Sean Payton screwed up

KC Warpaint

12 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

meh..not sure if Peyton screwed up or not but I can tell you that previous regime really did

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

meh..not sure if Peyton screwed up or not but I can tell you that previous regime really did

The current one could have done things much differently.  Showing respect and working with the guy would have been a start. I mean the threat of benching for financial reasons? Teams will dump a guy and not think twice but expect a player to give up millions? Fuck that. I would do the same thing if I was Wilson.

You guys are stuck on this issue...

Wilson won 11 games in two season.  11 games.  He was compensated like an all-time great.  11 wins out of 31 games.  The Denver offense consistently ranked in the bottom half of the NFL each of his seasons.

His last 4 starts for Denver this season he had 4 TDs.  1 TD per start.  Denver's offense sputtered.  Lowest QBR of any QB starting 4 games during that span.

Sean Peyton inherited Wilson and his horrible contract.  He didn't create it.  He did his best to minimize Wilson's mistakes this season and maximize his output, but when your QB doesn't see the field, you're kind of fucked as a playcaller.

Denver will be just fine.  Wilson will continue to be very rich.  It's time to move on from the field experiment.

not stuck on anything, i know payton did not trade for Wilson but the bronco's thought they could have lightning strike twice and get a decent QB like they did with Manning but it blew up in their faces. I agree with the way wilson handled it as well, he wants his fucking money and good for him and bad for the bronco's.

BS you say Denver will be just fine, maybe they will but it is gonna take a few seasons. Don't see a HOF QB walking thru the door and you damn sure won't be drafting high enough to get on of the higher level ones this season. They may need to trade some assets to have a shot (Juedy, Sutton or Surtain). Your GM is a dumbass

59 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

not stuck on anything, i know payton did not trade for Wilson but the bronco's thought they could have lightning strike twice and get a decent QB like they did with Manning but it blew up in their faces. I agree with the way wilson handled it as well, he wants his fucking money and good for him and bad for the bronco's.

BS you say Denver will be just fine, maybe they will but it is gonna take a few seasons. Don't see a HOF QB walking thru the door and you damn sure won't be drafting high enough to get on of the higher level ones this season. They may need to trade some assets to have a shot (Juedy, Sutton or Surtain). Your GM is a dumbass

Also the Broncos pain is our pleasure.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Denver might end up 9-8 this season with almost no offensive support for their defense.  It isn't going to require much to upgrade over Wilson.

The Broncos may not win the West in the next few seasons, but they are undoubtedly getting better, fast, under Peyton.  Agree about George Paton, he blew it big time with that trade.

There is no need to give up draft capital to move up and grab a QB, just take BPA in the draft, make smart moves in free agency, and Denver should be a game or two within the playoffs as is.  There is no urgency.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Denver might end up 9-8 this season with almost no offensive support for their defense.  It isn't going to require much to upgrade over Wilson.

The Broncos may not win the West in the next few seasons, but they are undoubtedly getting better, fast, under Peyton.  Agree about George Paton, he blew it big time with that trade.

There is no need to give up draft capital to move up and grab a QB, just take BPA in the draft, make smart moves in free agency, and Denver should be a game or two within the playoffs as is.  There is no urgency.

Who is your QB? 

7 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Who is your QB? 

Whoever.  Stidham is fine as a placeholder until one becomes available.  Just don’t mortgage the future for one.  It’s not like Denver can afford one for a few years anyway with that Russ contract.