It's just a popularity contest at this point.  Charvarius Ward made it for the Niners, I didn't know he had 5 int's, but I think Sneed is better (although I liked Ward). Hopefully, he'll get all pro, that seems to be the real reward now. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

good

I want an angry team

but will they be angry about not getting invited to a flag football game? Hell it's not even in Hawaii anymore. Like was said before the All-Pro designation is where it's at. On the other hand not making the Pro Bowl can be used as a negotiating tool  with Sneed 😁

Who even votes for the Pro Bowl now? If it's still the players it's meaningless. I've heard players say they vote for guys they went to college with and there's a lot of "if you vote for me, I'll vote for you" going on. They've also said they only know the players they've played against and have no idea about players on other teams. Fans just vote for their favorite players, regardless of how their season is going. 

The Pro Bowl ceased to be a thing, really, decades ago. 

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I haven’t seen a throw go at jalen ramsey in the last five seasons where he doesn’t get torched, yet he is still considered the best cb in the league. It’s laughable 

My biggest complaint about him making it this year is all the games he missed due to injury.  Sorry about your luck, but only playing half the games should count against you.

7 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

yeah, Justin Tucker over Butker. I bet if we were not having a down year and were 13-3 and the #1 seed then i bet Sneed and Butker would have made it.

I agree. Tucker is no slouch, but Butker was better this year. 

Mahomes is clearly an MVP and MVB, but I wonder if he should even be a pro bowler based on the team performance and the number of bad moments he has had. Jackson, Stroud, Tua, Allen could arguably all be pro bowlers based on their seasons and impact for their teams with offenses that looked far less bizarre than KC. Other than the Bears game, KC’s offense and Mahomes haven’t looked right.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Mahomes is clearly an MVP and MVB, but I wonder if he should even be a pro bowler based on the team performance and the number of bad moments he has had. Jackson, Stroud, Tua, Allen could arguably all be pro bowlers based on their seasons and impact for their teams with offenses that looked far less bizarre than KC. Other than the Bears game, KC’s offense and Mahomes haven’t looked right.

Without mahomes this is a 2 win season.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:17 AM, oldtimer said:

but will they be angry about not getting invited to a flag football game? Hell it's not even in Hawaii anymore. Like was said before the All-Pro designation is where it's at. On the other hand not making the Pro Bowl can be used as a negotiating tool  with Sneed 😁

Pretty sure the only negotiating tool with Sneed will be to match or exceed what other teams desperate for a lockdown corner are willing to offer.

9 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Mahomes was very average this year and in no way deserves the Pro Bowl. His election was based on previous years' performance. 

24 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Mahomes was very average this year and in no way deserves the Pro Bowl. His election was based on previous years' performance. 

It's crazy that 27 TDs 14 INTs, and 4183 is considered an average year now. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

For him yes, some may call that a career year lol. The ints are way to high though and not all on him.

Yeah, I understand. It's just funny how things are judged now. I like to view a lot of stats, from the past to the present. A lot of the big-time QB's of the past threw a lot of INTs, they just threw so many TDs that no one cared.  I think what changed things some is the year Aaron Rodgers threw 41+ TDs and single-digit ints.   Mahomes came close to this with a 38 and 6 TD/INT ratio in 2020. The bar was set. 

2 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I think to say Mahomes did not deserve the probowl is just dumb.  His team let him down.  Could you imagine the stats he would have if his receivers didn't gift wrap 4 ints I can think of, and caught half of the 40 balls they dropped.  He can't catch the ball too.  Yes, he made plenty of mistakes.  I saw a list that had him ranked 10th in top qb's this year.  I would like to ask the guy that wrote that if he would take any of those 10 he ranked higher over Mahomes.  My guess is he would say hell no.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:45 AM, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Who even votes for the Pro Bowl now? If it's still the players it's meaningless. I've heard players say they vote for guys they went to college with and there's a lot of "if you vote for me, I'll vote for you" going on. They've also said they only know the players they've played against and have no idea about players on other teams. Fans just vote for their favorite players, regardless of how their season is going. 

The Pro Bowl ceased to be a thing, really, decades ago. 

100%

On 1/5/2024 at 9:23 AM, qnet said:

It's crazy that 27 TDs 14 INTs, and 4183 is considered an average year now. 

The only number that makes his case is the yards relative to other top QBs this year. TDs are down, INTs are up. He also has zero rush TDs, which other QBs still gain.

I am sure 32 out of 32 NFL teams would want Mahomes for any given season. But other guys ran far more efficient offenses, garbage talent at WR notwithstanding for KC.

It's funny .....I think we all agree the Pro Bowl voting is a joke. And yet being a "Pro Bowler" is still used as currency when players negotiate contracts, it's still used by announcers when distinguishing a players status. As much as I think it's a fluff award these days.....it's not nothing.