Peacock? This is garbage.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

The NFL is so greedy for cash that they deliberately make watching the games a problem for fans. 

Professional boxing PPV’d their way into irrelevance. When fans stop paying and discover there is something else to do maybe the NFL will suffer the same fate. 

Yea their will be tipping point at some point. 

doesn’t really have much to do with what is going with this but the greed part of this made me think of it.  When Rozelle was commissioner he was against legalized betting on the NFL cause of what it could do to the integrity of the game.  Money finally trumped integrity with a team in Vegas and commercials during games advertising for sports betting. 

13 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

how much is Sunday ticket now anyway?. Does DAZN have a connection limit?

FWIW i use Fire Cube or Fire Stick with a VPN.

Sunday Ticket early bird cost $299 if you were a YouTube TV subscriber. $399 if you got it a la carte to watch via YouTube. I bought it. The Chiefs were on National / Local TV here in FL probably 14 of 17 weeks this year. Back in the day, I’d see the Chiefs on Sunday Ticket 14 of 16 games because they never aired nationally / locally. Mahomes Money Maker.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Sunday Ticket early bird cost $299 if you were a YouTube TV subscriber. $399 if you got it a la carte to watch via YouTube. I bought it. The Chiefs were on National / Local TV here in FL probably 14 of 17 weeks this year. Back in the day, I’d see the Chiefs on Sunday Ticket 14 of 16 games because they never aired nationally / locally. Mahomes Money Maker.

So is the Chiefs playoff game on Sunday Ticket?  More exactly, will the usual sports bars be showing the game since it's limited to Peacock?

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So is the Chiefs playoff game on Sunday Ticket?  More exactly, will the usual sports bars be showing the game since it's limited to Peacock?

Consumer Sunday Ticket is over. DirecTV still has a commercial license to Sunday Ticket for bars, restaurants, venues, etc. I am not aware of any of that extending to post season. Wouldn’t surprise me if such a commercial agreement exists for the playoff game.

15 minutes ago, Boone said:

I'm part of the problem. I live in NC, so I ponyed up the $5.99 for one month to watch the game. Not going to keep it, though.

Given the numbers, I'd bet they have an exclusive streaming Divisional Round game next year, too.

agreed you and Balls ARE part of the problem. I dont live in KC either

just poking atcha...the streaming regardless of this "success"  is inevitable 

They did ok.  The question is, how much money did they actually make?  23,000,000 and lets say $6 for 1 month.  That's only 138  million.  That IF everyone of those subscribed for the game, I would bet A LOT of those were already subscribed.  Then you talk about production costs and all that, I bet the netted a profit of only a couple million(maybe).  My actual guess is they lost money on it!  Which is fine with me.

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

They did ok.  The question is, how much money did they actually make?  23,000,000 and lets say $6 for 1 month.  That's only 138  million.  That IF everyone of those subscribed for the game, I would bet A LOT of those were already subscribed.  Then you talk about production costs and all that, I bet the netted a profit of only a couple million(maybe).  My actual guess is they lost money on it!  Which is fine with me.

Peacock payed $110M

this is an interesting read to put everything in perspective

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/01/peacock-playoff-game-averages-23-million-viewers-sets-internet-traffic-record/

The NFL doesn't give a damn about the fans watching a game.  They just want the $$$$$$.   Because of my work schedule I can not watch the games anyway  so I subscribed to NFL Premium for $14.99 a month and can listen to the games live at work and then watch the replays after work or the next day.  It's not the same as watching the game live, but at least I can hear what's going on and then watch it after work or at my leisure.

16 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

The NFL doesn't give a damn about the fans watching a game.  They just want the $$$$$$.   Because of my work schedule I can not watch the games anyway  so I subscribed to NFL Premium for $14.99 a month and can listen to the games live at work and then watch the replays after work or the next day.  It's not the same as watching the game live, but at least I can hear what's going on and then watch it after work or at my leisure.

I hear you. I pay the $100/year for that service. If KC's not on the local airwaves, I just avoid the media and watch the game replay on Sunday evening. 

I've read the stream wasn't working so well for some folks. That would have really pissed me off had I paid for it. This type of stuff is what made me cancel my NFL+ subscription. The last few years, there were times were I couldn't access the games the next day for several weeks. When they finally fixed it, the attitude seemed to be  "oh well it's working now so don't worry about it"  I finally had enough.