Chiefs vs. Dolphins

16 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Smith back this week. Everyone except Ross and morris practicing! Thats huge. 

I think it's ironic/bizarre that the Dolphins will be starting Ingram, Ogbah, and Houston on Sunday.  Basically starters/key rotation guys for the Chiefs only a handful of years back.  Glad to see all their washed up names appearing at playoff time.  I liked all three when they were here, but they've all aged significantly since.  That's good news for a Chiefs line that is beaten to shit on the edges right now.  

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Smith back this week. Everyone except Ross and morris practicing! Thats huge. 

Need Morris for backup, but six days is awfully quick turnaround for a concussion.  He near certainly out.  Ross wasn't going to get snaps especially if Toney is available.  

7 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I think it's ironic/bizarre that the Dolphins will be starting Ingram, Ogbah, and Houston on Sunday.  Basically starters/key rotation guys for the Chiefs only a handful of years back.  Glad to see all their washed up names appearing at playoff time.  I liked all three when they were here, but they've all aged significantly since.  That's good news for a Chiefs line that is beaten to shit on the edges right now.  

I sure hope the tackles can handle these aged vets. If not, that will be a huge indication. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Need Morris for backup, but six days is awfully quick turnaround for a concussion.  He near certainly out.  Ross wasn't going to get snaps especially if Toney is available.  

Too bad because all I hear is about Ross’ athletic ability. I want to see him get some real run 

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Too bad because all I hear is about Ross’ athletic ability. I want to see him get some real run 

yea that little legal deal really set him back. That one catch he made last week  that was high high was a dandy

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

yea that little legal deal really set him back. That one catch he made last week  that was high high was a dandy

I hope it’s in the cards for next year. Cheap. Ross rice and a free agent plus another top pick. 

51 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well , it’s almost time. I’m nervous as hell and we haven’t played on wild card weekend for quite some time. 
I hope our chiefs come out and punch the fins in the face and get Arrowhead rocking! 
man it’s gonna be chilli! 

I'm a little nervous as well, but oh well. The guy from Arrowhead Addict broke it down well about the history of being a Chiefs fan. His take made me feel better. In short, he brought up all the past disappointments he faced as a Chiefs fan in the past, and if they do lose; how we shouldn't be so upset or cry about it. In short, this had been a really good time being a Chiefs fan for the last five seasons ( really since Reid came here). 

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I guess the fact that I wont be watching helps my anxiety level. I really think the Chiefs chances of even getting to the  AFCCG is miniscule so if they lose...meh better draft pick

Agree.  I don't think the Chiefs can win in BUFF next weekend so losing to MIA isn't such a big deal.  This was a down year for the Chiefs from the git go and they really don't deserve to win it all this time around.  Any win will be good, but the team needs some fixing before returning to elite status.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  I don't think the Chiefs can win in BUFF next weekend so losing to MIA isn't such a big deal.  This was a down year for the Chiefs from the git go and they really don't deserve to win it all this time around.  Any win will be good, but the team needs some fixing before returning to elite status.  

Nobody deserves to win.  You either win or you don't.  The best team in the regular season often does not win the superbowl.  If KC wins the superbowl they will deserve the trophy. 

25 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

WU forecast for kickoff:  -1 and dropping with 14 mph winds.

There's gonna be some tough fans at Arrowhead tonight.

got a buddy heading that way as I type this..of course he's a "retired" Marine so there is that.

Tickets are cheap

Crowd noise wont be a factor

10 hours ago, xen said:

Nobody deserves to win.  You either win or you don't.  The best team in the regular season often does not win the superbowl.  If KC wins the superbowl they will deserve the trophy

I think the bolded goes without saying but that being said the Chefs benefited greatly by being in a soft division. This team kind of reminds of of the  Rev Edwards Chiefs 9-7 team that  had enough teams lose the right games to back into the playoffs at the 6th seed but to that all playoff teams are 0-0 so  Game On

the Cardboard is key IMO, at the 96  Colt's game my lil sister was given a egg crate cup holder by the guy (an Engineer) sitting next to us for her to put her feet on.. she said it was a game changer

On Thursday, the Chiefs announced temporary changes to their gameday policies to help keep fans warm during Saturday’s game.

Fans will be allowed to bring in:

-Blankets (must be draped over shoulder going through security, cannot have zippers or compartments) -Cardboard to stand on (cannot be larger than 3x5 feet) -Heated clothing (batteries must be disconnected during security screening) -One unopened, factory-sealed water bottle (cannot exceed 20 oz)

In addition, the team will also have warming stations inside and outside Arrowhead Stadium. .

12 hours ago, xen said:

Nobody deserves to win.  You either win or you don't.  The best team in the regular season often does not win the superbowl.  If KC wins the superbowl they will deserve the trophy. 

Good point.  Take out "deserves" and insert "can't be relied upon".  Too many thing gone wrong this season and we waited all year for them to get fixed  They weren't although the Cincy game was better.  

1 hour ago, bamaroyal said:

Dear Andy, please run the ball A LOT!

Pacheco and Perine and try to keep CEH on the bench!

And for the love of God, please do not throw to MVS!!!

One shot to MVS might be worthwhile.  The Dolphin DBs are below par and MVS did have a very good playoff game last season when the other WRs were out.  If the defense focuses on Kelce too much, Mahomes will have to get over his mistrust and give MVS or Toney a few targets.  If Ramsey is on Kelce, who's going to cover everyone else? 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

One shot to MVS might be worthwhile.  The Dolphin DBs are below par and MVS did have a very good playoff game last season when the other WRs were out.  If the defense focuses on Kelce too much, Mahomes will have to get over his mistrust and give MVS or Toney a few targets.  If Ramsey is on Kelce, who's going to cover everyone else? 

I bet MVS will be on the field much of the game. The weather will ground a lot of the air game and he's a superb blocker. Look for some short play action his way to mix it up.