BLACK MONDAY coaches fired

oldtimer

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

should be a lengthy list

Does EB get the axe and come home? I read a Washington article and it brought back soo many memories of thinking EB may get a HC Job.. I had to laugh

Rivera was just fired by Washington, wonder where EB goes now.  Atlanta fired their HC yesterday, so two five openings so far.

19 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Belichek goes to commanders or the Chargers. I said months ago I was seeing rumblings to the commanders.

that's been a common theme.. they got the #2 pick I believe.. that's good start

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Nick Saban retires..almost an NFL Team coach..will he go to the NFL?

I wondered about this but he's 72. Maybe he just wants to chill.  Years ago his stint with the Dolphins had a strange exit.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

New England won't be the same. All these older good coaches leaving. 

Like stated before, I think it will be the commanders.....but imagine if he went to the Chargers. The AFC West coached teams... well other than the Raiders, would be all HOF coaches.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Like stated before, I think it will be the commanders.....but imagine if he went to the Chargers. The AFC West coached teams... well other than the Raiders, would be all HOF coaches.

I don't want to think about him going to the Chargers. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I wondered about this but he's 72. Maybe he just wants to chill.  Years ago his stint with the Dolphins had a strange exit.

I can't see that happening, one of the reasons he gave for stepping down was the NIL and how it is a pain in the ass. if he came back to the NFL then he would have to deal with FA. so short answer is no.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Jerod Mayo is the new Patriots coach.

wonder if they get extra draft picks 😆?

How did this hire happen so quickly?

Reiss: When the Patriots signed Mayo to a contract extension last offseason, they wrote succession plans into the contract that allows them to forgo a traditional NFL coaching search. Sources said the projected plan was for that to happen after the 2024 season, but the Patriots' 4-13 campaign accelerated the timeline.

This has similarities to what the Ravens did in their general manager transition from Ozzie Newsome to Eric DeCosta in 2019, the Indianapolis Colts in their head-coaching transition from Tony Dungy to Jim Caldwell in 2008 and the Seattle Seahawks in their head-coaching transition from Mike Holmgren to Jim Mora in 2008.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:59 AM, qnet said:

i read that NIL is what made him decide to call it a career, if that is the case then no way would he go back to the NFL and deal with FA.