BLACK MONDAY coaches fired

oldtimer

42 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i read that NIL is what made him decide to call it a career, if that is the case then no way would he go back to the NFL and deal with FA.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing from a few podcasts I watch. 

On 1/10/2024 at 2:51 PM, kkuenn said:

Meh, out as a coach but put in as an advisor. Good way of not being fired but yet still being part of the franchise.

Two days after the conclusion of his head coaching tenure with the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll opened up about his fateful meeting with Seahawks brass in his final weekly radio show.

In it, he said that he's open to other head-coaching opportunities, but not counting on one. And he lamented the challenge of making his football case in that meeting with non-"football people" calling the shots in Seattle.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:27 AM, kkuenn said:

Like stated before, I think it will be the commanders.....but imagine if he went to the Chargers. The AFC West coached teams... well other than the Raiders, would be all HOF coaches.

Article today where the commanders hired their new GM said that Belichick is not on their list for HC

Bill Belichick is in need of a new head coaching gig, and the Buffalo Bills haven’t been able to get over the hump with Sean McDermott. Could Belichick and the Bills be a match made in heaven?

Rex Ryan thinks it’s a possibility.

On Monday, the former Bills coach made an appearance on ESPN’s “DiPietro & Rothenberg Show” and floated an idea that would keep the former New England Patriots coach in the AFC East with a possible Super Bowl contender.

“[The Bills] are so close, man. They are so close. They had a ton of injuries. They had all this type of stuff which they had—everybody has. Now, this is the craziest thing. This might be the spot where Bill Belichick goes,” said Ryan.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Bill Belichick is in need of a new head coaching gig, and the Buffalo Bills haven’t been able to get over the hump with Sean McDermott. Could Belichick and the Bills be a match made in heaven?

Rex Ryan thinks it’s a possibility.

On Monday, the former Bills coach made an appearance on ESPN’s “DiPietro & Rothenberg Show” and floated an idea that would keep the former New England Patriots coach in the AFC East with a possible Super Bowl contender.

“[The Bills] are so close, man. They are so close. They had a ton of injuries. They had all this type of stuff which they had—everybody has. Now, this is the craziest thing. This might be the spot where Bill Belichick goes,” said Ryan.

Honestly if I was Belichick I'd only go where there was already an established QB.  I doubt the Bills go for that though.