Chiefs vs fins playoff game day thread.

Looking back at yesterday’s game, we ran 34 times for 147 yds. Pacheco had 24 rushes. 
this is Friggen awesome and I hope Reid sticks to this type of game plan going forward. Obviously we need to be affective on 1st down but I am so happy that we committed to the run game! 

"To best serve our fans, we need to ensure games are available to them as their viewing habits change and this includes digital distribution as we continue to help shape the future of the sports and entertainment industry.”

in other words..bend over football fans

NBC made streaming history Saturday night.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 26-7 win over the Miami Dolphins in their wild-card matchup at Arrowhead Stadium was the most streamed live event in U.S. history.

NBC celebrates the Peacock game, calling it the "most streamed event ever" with 23 million viewers and thanking Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Mike Tirico calls it "A milestone moment in media and sports history."

NBC also thanks you for your subscription fee. pic.twitter.com/WGJQMRzVP2

— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) January 15, 2024

NBC said the game, which was streamed exclusively on Peacock, drew an average of about 23 million viewers Saturday night. It reached about 27.6 million viewers in total and peaked at more than 24.6 million in the second quarter. Saturday was also Peacock’s largest day in the service’s history. It set a record with 16.3 million concurrent devices streaming.

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

this is Fucked up..more games to come for years now! 

NBC made streaming history Saturday night.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 26-7 win over the Miami Dolphins in their wild-card matchup at Arrowhead Stadium was the most streamed live event in U.S. history.

NBC celebrates the Peacock game, calling it the "most streamed event ever" with 23 million viewers and thanking Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Mike Tirico calls it "A milestone moment in media and sports history."

NBC also thanks you for your subscription fee. pic.twitter.com/WGJQMRzVP2

— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) January 15, 2024

NBC said the game, which was streamed exclusively on Peacock, drew an average of about 23 million viewers Saturday night. It reached about 27.6 million viewers in total and peaked at more than 24.6 million in the second quarter. Saturday was also Peacock’s largest day in the service’s history. It set a record with 16.3 million concurrent devices streaming.

NBC has started broadcasting select games only on Peacock this season, though Saturday’s game in Kansas City was the first playoff game that was exclusively on a streaming service — which is probably a big part of why the game set a record. Fans located in Kansas City and Miami also had the game broadcasted on their local NBC networks for free.

I broke down and paid for Peacock for this game. Comcast customers get it for $2.99 a month and I figured it was worth three bucks to watch a Chiefs playoffs game. But, in so doing I helped to inflate these streaming numbers, thereby influencing the greedy dirtbags at the NFL to force fans to pay for more games by way of streaming. Sorry guys.

35 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I broke down and paid for Peacock for this game. Comcast customers get it for $2.99 a month and I figured it was worth three bucks to watch a Chiefs playoffs game. But, in so doing I helped to inflate these streaming numbers, thereby influencing the greedy dirtbags at the NFL to force fans to pay for more games by way of streaming. Sorry guys.

It's all your fault bro

I'm sure much had to do with the Mahomes + the Taylor affect but I mean  did they not think about the weather? The long range forecast was already up and spot on. There where soo many other compelling match ups M&T had to be the deciding factor.

still the success alone does not bode well for Joe Six Pak Football Fan.

For me personally it was an anxiety less night so I wasn't too mad about it, not watching and then waiting till morning for results & high/low lites isn't soo bad.

When it was announced at the start of the season that Peacock would exclusively stream a playoff game, my first thought was that the only way is not the Chiefs is if they had the #1 seed and were not available. Mahomes is a guaranteed national draw and was the best player to get them the streaming numbers they wanted. 

45 minutes ago, Boone said:

When it was announced at the start of the season that Peacock would exclusively stream a playoff game, my first thought was that the only way is not the Chiefs is if they had the #1 seed and were not available. Mahomes is a guaranteed national draw and was the best player to get them the streaming numbers they wanted. 

Having Swifty on site doesn’t hurt😂