We're on to Buffalo

54 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Torched the secondary? That's putting it mildly. It's bad when other teams/ players set an all time NFL record against you. I'm more concerned with the running game. Their RB had a pretty good game last time and Allen always seems to scramble for big plays. I'm hoping we can get a lead early and force them to play catch up. 

Don’t forget they changed coordinators.  Spags had 2 game’s worth of tape to see how Brady calls and coordinates a game.  Tranquil was out and it was Boltons first game back as well   Mr Allen will probably see quite a bit things not in the first game.  

16 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree with that except for people questioning Allen.  That will never happen.  The guy is incredible.  Close to Mahomes' level.  The difference is his runs.  He's bound to get injured one of these years.  He has around 8 designed runs per game.  Of coiurse he is huge and as fast as any running back. He is my second favorite QB.  But look at Lamar Jackson.  He is a great running QB, but his star is fading, because their offense  has been designed around his running. Mahomes will stand the test of time, because he runs well, but only in an emergency...and he slides fast before any tackle unless he is going out of bounds.

If Allen don’t win tomorrow I think he will get questioned.   Manning for quite a few years was either one and done or couldn’t get past Brady.  Great regular season but couldn’t get it done in the playoffs.   Go back even further.   Steve Young had the stigma of not being able to beat Cowboys in the playoffs and winthe big one.  Granted he was more pressure because he followed Montana.  There is a clip of Young in SB of Young saying he got that monkey off his back.   

if KC goes in and wins same thing will happen to Allen can’t get past the divisional round and can’t beat KC when it matters and that pressure will be felt in a close game late   

23 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

The NFL will not allow the Chiefs to win at Buffalo to be honest. Some penalty or bad call will cost the Chiefs the game. Josh Allen is cover boy on Madden this year. Who knows but I'm guessing they want the Chiefs to lose to Buffalo for sure. 
They are happy the Chiefs must go on the road. That non PI call against the Packers saved their season and took home field advantage off the table for the Chiefs. It was so blatant it's almost like it's all rigged. 

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!  All the refs are involved, but somehow the whole conspiratorial process, which is  illegal and would result in jail time, is not uncovered by electronic communications.  The NFL has an under-the-table deal with the FBI. Blatant mistakes NEVER happen with refs.  They are all involved.  We might as well just give up on NFL football.  It is meaningless.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree with that except for people questioning Allen.  That will never happen.  The guy is incredible.  Close to Mahomes' level.  The difference is his runs.  He's bound to get injured one of these years.  He has around 8 designed runs per game.  Of coiurse he is huge and as fast as any running back. He is my second favorite QB.  But look at Lamar Jackson.  He is a great running QB, but his star is fading, because their offense  has been designed around his running. Mahomes will stand the test of time, because he runs well, but only in an emergency...and he slides fast before any tackle unless he is going out of bounds.

His star is fading ? Hes about to win his 2nd MVP.. mahomes will stand the test of time, but these dudes are not going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's doubtful that many Ravens' fans would agree that LJ8 is a fading star.  He had a really good season.  Question is how long he lasts.   

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's doubtful that many Ravens' fans would agree that LJ8 is a fading star.  He had a really good season.  Question is how long he lasts.   

Yeah.  That may be a bit excessive.  Just less talk about him.

Absolutely. Great running QB's are so effective that teams usually build their entire offenses around it.  Then the QB loses a step, and GM's have to re-tweak the entire offensive personnel for a couple of seasons to get a more balanced squad.f Then the defense gets too old and has to be re-built.  It is almost time for that to start happening with the Ravens.  Just like the Chiefs found out when Montana retired, you rebuild one part of the team, and then another area ends up too old.  It can go on almost indefinitely as Chiefs fans learned for such a long tme.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  That may be a bit excessive.  Just less talk about him.

Absolutely. Great running QB's are so effective that teams usually build their entire offenses around it.  Then the QB loses a step, and GM's have to re-tweak the entire offensive personnel for a couple of seasons to get a more balanced squad.f Then the defense gets too old and has to be re-built.  It is almost time for that to start happening with the Ravens.  Just like the Chiefs found out when Montana retired, you rebuild one part of the team, and then another area ends up too old.  It can go on almost indefinitely as Chiefs fans learned for such a long tme.

I agree with what you're saying but Lamar has been passing much better this season. I've watched  a few games, and he doesn't run as much as he did, but the threat is always there. 

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I agree with what you're saying but Lamar has been passing much better this season. I've watched  a few games, and he doesn't run as much as he did, but the threat is always there. 

864 yrds before tonight and the leading rusher on the team.

looks like whomever is victorious tomorrow night they are going to Baltimore

30 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Im not sure there's anyone in the league I'd rather have prepare a playoff game plan than spags.  

True that. He suffered through some empty shelves for a long time. Nice to see the draft capital turned into such a machine. Spags is the best IMO. Youngest D in the league is the second best in the league.

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

That Baltimore defense is incredible 

Agreed. But a lot was made of how the Bills had the best defense in the 13 seconds game. They could not stop the irresistible force known as Patrick Mahomes. We will need that again if we want to get to another SB. 

On 1/20/2024 at 9:51 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!  All the refs are involved, but somehow the whole conspiratorial process, which is  illegal and would result in jail time, is not uncovered by electronic communications.  The NFL has an under-the-table deal with the FBI. Blatant mistakes NEVER happen with refs.  They are all involved.  We might as well just give up on NFL football.  It is meaningless.

I don’t want to be an “NFL is rigged supporter.“ The crucial calls speak for themselves. Paranoia needs no better justification than looking at certain things that went against the Chiefs and drawing logical conclusions. It’s not meaningless to be a fan but we should be able to question these things when they seem, uh, questionable. 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

I don’t want to be an “NFL is rigged supporter.“ The crucial calls speak for themselves. Paranoia needs no better justification than looking at certain things that went against the Chiefs and drawing logical conclusions. It’s not meaningless to be a fan but we should be able to question these things when they seem, uh, questionable. 

How about just plain incompetent or wrong?? Does everything have to be a conspiracy?  Every team has the same bad calls against them and in the same numbers. Even THE HAT knows that evil-doing is not behind this. Is every dumb thing that a referee does part of a plan by the NFL to sabotage the Chiefs? Get serious.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about just plain incompetent or wrong?? Does everything have to be a conspiracy?  Every team has the same bad calls against them and in the same numbers. Even THE HAT knows that evil-doing is not behind this. Is every dumb thing that a referee does part of a plan by the NFL to sabotage the Chiefs? Get serious.

Please. Seriously. The Chiefs should be 13-4. Those calls, the wr lining up offsides should have been called consistently and they were not except when it snatched defeat from victory for the Chiefs on an incredible play. That non pi call against the Packers was shameful. I am serious. In the nfl crucial calls like that, blatant stuff, tends to make fans question the modus operandi. Just saying 

51 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Please. Seriously. The Chiefs should be 13-4. Those calls, the wr lining up offsides should have been called consistently and they were not except when it snatched defeat from victory for the Chiefs on an incredible play. That non pi call against the Packers was shameful. I am serious. In the nfl crucial calls like that, blatant stuff, tends to make fans question the modus operandi. Just saying 

so your not watching Chiefs today? why watch  the equivalent to the WWE?

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I see you have not been in the LR lately hahaha

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

so your not watching Chiefs today? why watch  the equivalent to the WWE?

OT I know you. I met you at one of the Festivius festivities over 2 decades ago. The one with Bill Kenney. It ain’t Bull dog Bob brown versus handsome Harley race but I’m conspiracy conscious. 

13 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

OT I know you. I met you at one of the Festivius festivities over 2 decades ago. The one with Bill Kenney. It ain’t Bull dog Bob brown versus handsome Harley race but I’m conspiracy conscious. 

Ha, ha! Haven't heard those names in years, I know you grew up in KC. I saw Rufus R. Jones at a gas station when I was a kid.  Apologies for going off subject, your post just brought back some memories. I'm also getting nervous as this game approaches. 

11 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Look. I’m not saying it’s totally rigged. Just concerned. 

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

Ha, ha! Haven't heard those names in years, I know you grew up in KC. I saw Rufus R. Jones at a gas station when I was a kid.  Apologies for going off subject, your post just brought back some memories. I'm also getting nervous as this game approaches. 

Me too oh my brother. Cause there’s no buffet like the gold buffet and if your home needs a little repair call 321 2277, any time night or day. 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Love the Wresting References and your right we did meet there. I was more a fan of Danny Little Bear.

@qnet oddly enough I'm not nervous. I feel like they are playing with House $$ from here

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Love the Wresting References and your right we did meet there. I was more a fan of Danny Little Bear.

@qnet oddly enough I'm not nervous. I feel like they are playing with House $$ from here

That’s how I felt a few days ago but dangit as the game gets closer I’m getting nervous.