Kelce retiring after this season, per Schefter

• The title was changed to Kelce retiring after this season, per Schefter
4 minutes ago, xen said:

not surprised at this at all. lots of old Eagles going to be retiring..question now is does Trav follow in is steps hoping he and Brother go into the HOF together? Is Jason a first Ballot HOFr? I dunno.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not surprised at this at all. lots of old Eagles going to be retiring..question now is does Trav follow in is steps hoping he and Brother go into the HOF together? Is Jason a first Ballot HOFr? I dunno.

“I have no reason to stop playing football. I love it. I just love the challenge it gives me every single day to try and be at my best. Like I said, I have no desire to stop anytime soon.”

that was Travis 5 days ago

2 minutes ago, xen said:

“I have no reason to stop playing football. I love it. I just love the challenge it gives me every single day to try and be at my best. Like I said, I have no desire to stop anytime soon.”

that was Travis 5 days ago

yea I heard that but that  vagina may say different. I expect him to return for his last year of the contract then retire

He loves to compete and if he can stay reasonably healthy he will keep playing for 2-3 more years.

Taylor Swift is not "retiring" so Kelce would be a "roadie" or just stay at home alone?

Travis is pretty smart, he should should stick with his passion as long as he can.  Once he retires, it is over.

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

pretty much proved my point. Gates is realistic tho

Hell 2 more years and he possibly could get Witten in yards. The touchdowns are out though.  As said above, the td post season would be in play and I hope he gets the reception record this next game against Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hell 2 more years and he possibly could get Witten in yards. The touchdowns are out though.  As said above, the td post season would be in play and I hope he gets the reception record this next game against Buffalo.

1 year left on his contract..I'm not a bettn man but I bet he does not sign an extension

There's a good chance Travis will play longer but be limited in snaps.  That's a bit of the trend this season so probably the 1000 yard seasons are over.  Still, he could end up second in total yards in a few years.  It's nearly zero chance he could catch TG.  The number of games/seasons played by TG and Whitten is incredible.  One has to wonder what TG's numbers would have been with Mahomes chucking the ball to him.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's a good chance Travis will play longer but be limited in snaps.  That's a bit of the trend this season so probably the 1000 yard seasons are over.  Still, he could end up second in total yards in a few years.  It's nearly zero chance he could catch TG.  The number of games/seasons played by TG and Whitten is incredible.  One has to wonder what TG's numbers would have been with Mahomes chucking the ball to him.  

I wouldn't count out more 1000 yard seasons.  He nearly hit it this year even with constant double teams and not playing in 2 games.

6 hours ago, xen said:

I wouldn't count out more 1000 yard seasons.  He nearly hit it this year even with constant double teams and not playing in 2 games.

It's possible, but Kelce was on the bench for quite a few snaps this season.  Don't know how that compared to last year.  I'd expect to see him utilized a bit less each coming year in order to save him for playoffs and extend his career.  It all depends on how healthy he can be and how much energy Taylor leaves for football.