This is kinda interesting

6 minutes ago, xen said:

I saw that at another site then realized they were talking about a UDFA that hasn't played a game yet.  Not sure how coveted he was.

It makes me wonder if they're maybe looking into replacing someone. Edwards is on a one year deal and they could save 10 mil on the cap by cutting Justin Reid.

I dont know anything about him but hey, Deron Cherry was a FA punter. Ya never know.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

It makes me wonder if they're maybe looking into replacing someone. Edwards is on a one year deal and they could save 10 mil on the cap by cutting Justin Reid.

I dont know anything about him but hey, Deron Cherry was a FA punter. Ya never know.

Trade Jones? Cut MVS and Reid.....hell you have then 60 mil in cap space?

40 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Trade Jones? Cut MVS and Reid.....hell you have then 60bmil in cap space?

Jones is on a one year deal, isn't  he?

Definitely  cut Hands of Clay Scantling.  I'd give him a ride to the airport.

20 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think Jones, MVS and Reid are gone. No idea how much Snead will want, but a lot. 

Not sure but I think I read where it may be around the 23mil a year. I hope they keep him. Is there a better CB tandem in the league? 

55 minutes ago, xen said:

I think it may be a pipe dream to keep Snead.  While fans don't know his name (see voting, pro bowl) and even the AP doesn't seem to be paying attention (see voting, AP All Pro) you can bet teams know about him.  He about to get capital P paid.

He is a part of a pretty decent Defense here in KC, will he be happy to stay a part of this or be stupid like thornhill and end up in cleveland

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

He is a part of a pretty decent Defense here in KC, will he be happy to stay a part of this or be stupid like thornhill and end up in cleveland

He is the one bright spot/hope for his family (lots of articles about his crazy childhood). I'm sure he's going to take the best $$ he can so he will take care of his family. I wish he would stay, but we can't match what he's worth on the open market. He's better than Ward, he'll get an even bigger contract. 

Time to develop another stud CB from the stable we have. 

i am getting tired of the Narrative that the Chiefs cannot afford to keep players like Sneed, if we let Jones walk we open up a lot of cap space and veach has been decent when working to setup contracts. Why do we always assume players already have one foot out the door?

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i am getting tired of the Narrative that the Chiefs cannot afford to keep players like Sneed, if we let Jones walk we open up a lot of cap space and veach has been decent when working to setup contracts. Why do we always assume players already have one foot out the door?

Not every player.  However as good as Snead is, my opinion is that they already drafted his replacement last year in McDuffie.  I also factor in that DB may be Veach's best position as far as finding good players.  He seems to have a knack for it.  Considering all that and the fact we will likely have to overpay to keep him since he's set to hit the open market = I think he's gone.  I do think we'd like to keep him at a reasonable price just don't think the price will be reasonable.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Not every player.  However as good as Snead is, my opinion is that they already drafted his replacement last year in McDuffie.  I also factor in that DB may be Veach's best position as far as finding good players.  He seems to have a knack for it.  Considering all that and the fact we will likely have to overpay to keep him since he's set to hit the open market = I think he's gone.  I do think we'd like to keep him at a reasonable price just don't think the price will be reasonable.

keep turning over the roster? I get it but i don't really like it,  other than Patrick and Travis we as fans should probably not get attached to players when they will be moving on in short order

4 hours ago, xen said:

If we trade or let Jones go, don't sign Sneed and cut MVS and Reed.....we better be big players in the FA market. So much cap space with the ability to make even more too.

59 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

keep turning over the roster? I get it but i don't really like it,  other than Patrick and Travis we as fans should probably not get attached to players when they will be moving on in short order

That is why I do not buy jerseys anymore. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Of we trade or let Jones go, don't sign Sneed and cut MVS and Reed.....we better be big players in the FA market. So much cap space with the ability to make even more too.

Almost 27m after the projected draft pool.  But yes we have the ability to make more.  That is not currently enough to tag CJ so I would expect we'd have to let him walk.

Tag is 18m next year.  Assuming they tag and trade Jones for a couple 3rds or maybe a 2nd rounder.  They will work on a long term deal for Sneed and tag him if they can't.   I don't think he is getting close to 23 million.   Matt Verdarame said his sources think his value is less that some believe on the open market.  Also his contract would couple nicely with McDuffie's so even if its against their norm they don't need to screw around if they are getting rid of Jones.   Give him 4 and 70 and a good guarantee.    

As for the Jets S, that is pretty cool we got him over other teams interested.  Makes me think Merrit is making a name for himself in the L.   Nazeeh Johnson is coming back as well and he was getting first team reps in camp before his injury.  Have a hard time thinking they will cut Reid but his deal needs to be reworked. He isn't worth 10 million a year.   Love how Veach keeps churning the bottom of the roster for talent.  

Biggest needs in the offseason are OT, WR, and DT.  Followed by DE, LB, and TE (Depending on who they bring back on the dline and lb).

1 minute ago, xen said:

Almost 27m after the projected draft pool.  But yes we have the ability to make more.  That is not currently enough to tag CJ so I would expect we'd have to let him walk.

Won't they cut MVS immediately and that savings would allow them the money to carry Jones until they could find a trade partner.  I'd imagine they will let his reps seek out a trade.  The comp won't be what many think but I could see 2 3rds from a team like Chicago or a 3rd and 4th this year.  Would be better than the comp pick in the following draft, but maybe they go get that big named wr immediately.   What i worry about (depending on how we do in the playoffs) is we see Rice is a potential #1 and we rise and repeat and are conservative in the FA market at wr.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Tag is 18m next yearAssuming they tag and trade Jones for a couple 3rds or maybe a 2nd rounder.  They will work on a long term deal for Sneed and tag him if they can't.   I don't think he is getting close to 23 million.   Matt Verdarame said his sources think his value is less that some believe on the open market.  Also his contract would couple nicely with McDuffie's so even if its against their norm they don't need to screw around if they are getting rid of Jones.   Give him 4 and 70 and a good guarantee.    

As for the Jets S, that is pretty cool we got him over other teams interested.  Makes me think Merrit is making a name for himself in the L.   Nazeeh Johnson is coming back as well and he was getting first team reps in camp before his injury.  Have a hard time thinking they will cut Reid but his deal needs to be reworked. He isn't worth 10 million a year.   Love how Veach keeps churning the bottom of the roster for talent.  

Biggest needs in the offseason are OT, WR, and DT.  Followed by DE, LB, and TE (Depending on who they bring back on the dline and lb).

This will be a 3rd tag for CJ so you can't use the DT tag number.  Also projected DT tag is around 21m

A 3rd tag on a player is 144% of the last tag you applied or average of top 5 salaries at their position or the tag number at the nfl's highest paid position, whichever of the 3 is higher.  So basically you have to use the QB tag as that will be the highest of the 3.

The projected number there is over 36m. 

So it would be roughly 36m to tag CJ in 2024 = not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Won't they cut MVS immediately and that savings would allow them the money to carry Jones until they could find a trade partner.  I'd imagine they will let his reps seek out a trade.  The comp won't be what many think but I could see 2 3rds from a team like Chicago or a 3rd and 4th this year.  Would be better than the comp pick in the following draft, but maybe they go get that big named wr immediately.   What i worry about (depending on how we do in the playoffs) is we see Rice is a potential #1 and we rise and repeat and are conservative in the FA market at wr.

You could get I think a little less than 12m by cutting MVS.  Would have to make more moves to tag CJ at over 36m or you'd have no room to do anything.  Trades also take time and teams will stall knowing you're going to cut him.

1 hour ago, xen said:

This will be a 3rd tag for CJ so you can't use the DT tag number.  Also projected DT tag is around 21m

A 3rd tag on a player is 144% of the last tag you applied or average of top 5 salaries at their position or the tag number at the nfl's highest paid position, whichever of the 3 is higher.  So basically you have to use the QB tag as that will be the highest of the 3.

The projected number there is over 36m. 

So it would be roughly 36m to tag CJ in 2024 = not gonna happen.

I only remember one tag of jones?

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I only remember one tag of jones?

Oh well maybe i dreamed that.  Did we not tag him before his first reup?

Ok if not you still can't go off the DT tag number because a 2nd tag has a clause that makes it 120% of the prior year cap number if that number is higher.  That should come in around 30 to 33m depending on unearned incentives and NLTBE incentives that didn't count on 2023 cap, all of which I'm too lazy to look up.