Jim Harbaugh to Chargers?

reesebobby

3 hours ago, West said:

He has the QB.....

I am not so sure his "style" will work on Pro Athletes......we will see.

His brother is a good coach so perhaps....

He seemed to do fine in SF.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Sirianni seemed to be doing fine in Philly last year.

Lol, Harbaugh came in on a team that had not had a winning season since 2002 and took them to winning records in his first 3 seasons including a sb appearance from 2011 and on.  He was done after his 4th season, 8-8 record, due to his differences with the GM.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lol, Harbaugh came in on a team that had not had a winning season since 2002 and took them to winning records in his first 3 seasons including a sb appearance from 2011 and on.  He was done after his 4th season, 8-8 record, due to his differences with the GM.

How did that superbowl appearance go again?

I mean I guess we should thank him for flubbing the qb situation and giving us Alex Smith.

52 minutes ago, xen said:

How did that superbowl appearance go again?

I mean I guess we should thank him for flubbing the qb situation and giving us Alex Smith.

Well yeah, but the fact is he is not a Sirriani who was given a loaded team. Harbaugh took a shit team and made it a contender from day 1.

35 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well yeah, but the fact is he is not a Sirriani who was given a loaded team. Harbaugh took a shit team and made it a contender from day 1.

Outside of the one 13-3 superbowl year with Pederson the Eagles had been thoroughly mediocre before Sirianni took over.  The other 5 prior years besides the superbowl year were 4-11-1, 9-7, 9-7, 7-9, 7-9.

Not saying Harbaugh isn't a good coach just that he's a bit overrated.

He was not well liked in SF and the college kids at Stanford saw him as "Jim will always choose what is best for Jim"....but he has done very well at Michigan so who knows.

Looks he may be going to the Chargers. This is the last thing I wanted, because he impressed me when he coached SF. He brought the best out of Alex Smith to that point. I’ll never forget that playoff game against the Saints. The Chargers are going to be a handfull.