No time to rest. Now on to Baltimore!!! AFC Championship!!!

In his 13th playoff win (7th all time), Patrick Mahomes passed:

Dan Marino in pass yards (9th all time)

Drew Brees in pass TDs (6th all time)

Roger Staubach in rush yds (7th all time)

Next week he can:

Tie Terry Bradshaw for 6th in playoff wins (14)

Pass John Elway for 8th in pass yards 

Pass Peyton Manning for 5th in pass TD

Pass John Elway for 6th in rush yds

All the pressure is on Baltimore and Lamar in this game.  And they're staring down a fire breathing dragon.

We're playing on house money at this point.  Hell during the season there were people here that didn't even think we'd make the playoffs.  And you can't really blame them with how we played at times.

Mahomes and the defense are dragging this team to the finish line and they have nothing to lose as they weren't expected to be here.

Keep doubting them.  Sure Bmore is a better team but all I know is I've repeatedly seen Pat become a killer when the stakes are highest and I've yet to see that out of any of the remaining QB's in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

All the pressure is on Baltimore and Lamar in this game.  And they're staring down a fire breathing dragon.

We're playing on house money at this point.  Hell during the season there were people here that didn't even think we'd make the playoffs.  And you can't really blame them with how we played at times.

Mahomes and the defense are dragging this team to the finish line and they have nothing to lose as they weren't expected to be here.

Keep doubting them.  Sure Bmore is a better team but all I know is I've repeatedly seen Pat become a killer when the stakes are highest and I've yet to see that out of any of the remaining QB's in the playoffs.

You're quite right Xen..He does become a "killer". 

And quite frankly, I'm not doubting him..Its our defense against their running game that makes me nervous. But to be honest, when has spags really ever let us down?

I feel like if we can keep it close till the 4th qtr, Lamar will start to  clam up and commence to running from the pocket on every play. 

I agree with Dhitter, the way they beat the niners really surprised me. It started off pretty even, then the Ravens just kept making plays and pulling away. 

I wonder how the season would have gone before Burrow got injured. They dealt the niners a beating as well, and were starting to roll.

54 minutes ago, artsy said:

You're quite right Xen..He does become a "killer". 

And quite frankly, I'm not doubting him..Its our defense against their running game that makes me nervous. But to be honest, when has spags really ever let us down?

I feel like if we can keep it close till the 4th qtr, Lamar will start to  clam up and commence to running from the pocket on every play. 

I was concerned about the Ravens running on us, but I just saw this stat from the Buffalo game for the KC defense: 

1st half: allowed 13 points and 124 rushing yards

2nd half: allowed 7 points and 58 rushing yards

Also, the defense has allowed the fewest 2nd half points (126) of any team this season. Spag's adjustments have been lethal to the opposing teams. If we can survive the Ravens' initial efforts, they're going to panic and make costly mistakes. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Championship DNA

16 hours ago, xen said:

There was a moment for sure where the doubt was creeping in. Brutal schedule, deep playoff runs, mentally drained and so forth. But as usual they figured it out. When are we gonna learn. Big thing for me is they are giving the ball to the guys who need it. And they have truly committed to the run game. You just don’t bet against PAT. 

16 hours ago, xen said:

It's like Taylor Swift says.  

Remember when you tried to write me off?
Remember when you thought I'd take a loss?
Don't you remember? You thought that I would need ya
Follow procedure, remember? Oh, wait, you got amnesia
It was my season for battle wounds
Battle scars, body bumped, bruised
Stabbed in the back; brimstone, fire jumping through
Still, all my life, I got money and power
And you gotta live with the bad blood now

According to Yahoo Weather, there's a 55% chance of rain Sunday. The forecast high temperature on Sunday is 45 degrees with a low of 35.

It's only supposed to be light rain, according to the Weather Channel, with winds from 10-15 mph. Given that the Chiefs have played two very cold games, including the fourth-coldest game in NFL history in the wild-card round, a little bit of rain with temperatures in the high 30s or low 40s isn't all that bad.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

There was a moment for sure where the doubt was creeping in. Brutal schedule, deep playoff runs, mentally drained and so forth. But as usual they figured it out. When are we gonna learn. Big thing for me is they are giving the ball to the guys who need it. And they have truly committed to the run game. You just don’t bet against PAT. 

That makes 2 of us. I was a huge non believer in this team. I just felt like the WR were not good enough. Baltimore is gonna be tough and not sure they will win but to be honest they are 2 games farther than I thought they would be. I don't think Baltimore is as tough as everyone says but I also believe we have not flipped the switch like everyone thinks also. I think we took advantage of injury plagued teams on defense. We have a better chance to go to the Super Bowl than Buffalo and Miami they already got knocked out and will be spectators. LETS GO

19 hours ago, xen said:

Yes!  I don't know that I'd say Baltimore is definitely the better team, but everything else is spot on.  All the pressure is on them, Lamar trying to shake the choke label.  If this game is tight going into the final 4 minutes, it's big advantage chiefs, because they've been there done that.  The Ravens, despite being the favorite and being the home team, have dragons to slay.  If (when) we beat them, they are going to be asking themselves what do they gotta do to get through Mahomes?

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Well Pacheco is fresh from no use during the regular season.

39 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well Pacheco is fresh from no use during the regular season.

I'm not real sure what the threshold of what "fresh" legs is but his 205 rushes aint chkn feed nor his 39 in the last 2 games, granted it's not near a Larry Johnson level but "fresh"?

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not real sure what the threshold of what "fresh" legs is but his 205 rushes aint chkn feed nor his 39 in the last 2 games, granted it's not near a Larry Johnson level but "fresh"?

Absolutely it's fresh.  In early December he went 22 days between games.  He's surpassed 20 touches in a game only 5 times all season.  He's 22nd among RBs in carries despite playing the two extra playoff games which make up for the 3 that he missed.  He's young, and after this weekend he'll get two more weeks of rest before he plays again.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Absolutely it's fresh.  In early December he went 22 days between games.  He's surpassed 20 touches in a game only 5 times all season.  He's 22nd among RBs in carries despite playing the two extra playoff games which make up for the 3 that he missed.  He's young, and after this weekend he'll get two more weeks of rest before he plays again.  

Agreed. Out of all possible games to be played so far, 19, he would have averaged a bit over 10 rushing attempts per game. Now is the time to let him go nuts!

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Interesting that the Ravens have been a second half team on offense and the Chiefs were able to shut down the Dolphins and Bills in the second half.  Something's gotta give.  

Don’t know how accurate it was but I read something that the KC has given up the least amount of 2nd half points in the league. I think it was 126.  Averages out to 7.4 a game.  Points to 2 things spags makes great halftime adjustments and if the game is close at halftime within 3 or 7 then chances are it’s going to remain close cause every yard every drive becomes much more difficult.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

rope a dope

He’s already feeling the pressure 

I seen a clip of Mahomes in the locker room after the Bills game. He said something like they wanted us they got us a and although I love playing in arrowhead I really enjoy the feeling of us against the world and getting a road win   May not be exact but you could tell he likes the challenge and nobody believing they could do it  

He welcomes the pressure 

On 1/23/2024 at 2:34 AM, Calichief said:

Humphrey and Hamilton are stellar

Humphrey has been dealing with an injury but how much that effects him is unclear.  Those two are very good but Marlon can be beat, I don't think he is an elite db.

57 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Humphrey has been dealing with an injury but how much that effects him is unclear.  Those two are very good but Marlon can be beat, I don't think he is an elite db.

I think Pat and offense will be able to move the ball, quite frankly. If reid keeps thiem off balance with a steady run game, I think the offense will be effective. HOWEVER, it's their offense that makes me nervous.  This nervousness is primarly based on last weeks performance.

If Gay can't go, then IMO spags will have to bring a safety down in the box to spy Lamar. Lamar feels the most comfortable going thru his first, and now second read and then taking off. He still doesn't like to throw agains man defense and will wait to see the backs of the defense and run. 

I'm very curious as to how Spags will contain him...

54 minutes ago, artsy said:

I think Pat and offense will be able to move the ball, quite frankly. If reid keeps thiem off balance with a steady run game, I think the offense will be effective. HOWEVER, it's their offense that makes me nervous.  This nervousness is primarly based on last weeks performance.

If Gay can't go, then IMO spags will have to bring a safety down in the box to spy Lamar. Lamar feels the most comfortable going thru his first, and now second read and then taking off. He still doesn't like to throw agains man defense and will wait to see the backs of the defense and run. 

I'm very curious as to how Spags will contain him...

Won't do it will first half, but the 2nd half is where it will be at

7 hours ago, xen said:

And there's the difference between the QBs mindsets.  Mahomes relishes these opportunities to go against the best.

I think that was a tongue in cheek response, given the laugh afterwards.  I wouldnt read too much into it.