TK Takes Blame For Hardman Fumble at Goal Line

Just now, reesebobby said:

I love Andy Reid, but this is who should take the blame for that fumble.  That should never have been called.  

Andy Reid

I'm not a fan of jet sweeps in short yardage/Goal line scenarios but  if what TK says is true it'd of been aTD..so to you I say...th?id=OIP.gSiaDatOc2Wfx_SM10dyUgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not a fan of jet sweeps in short yardage/Goal line scenarios but  if what TK says is true it'd of been aTD..so to you I say...th?id=OIP.gSiaDatOc2Wfx_SM10dyUgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

It was first and goal from the 3.  The probability of a TD is almost 90 percent regardless of play call.  Mecole Hardman has 37 playoff touches and 4 playoff fumbles.  Why he'd be the dude on a freezing day is beyond me.  I guess it all worked out, but the blame for me will lie in the unnecessarily risky play call.  

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It was first and goal from the 3.  The probability of a TD is almost 90 percent regardless of play call.  Mecole Hardman has 37 playoff touches and 4 playoff fumbles.  Why he'd be the dude on a freezing day is beyond me.  I guess it all worked out, but the blame for me will lie in the unnecessarily risky play call.  

and why it would of worked being the Bills where thinking  it'd be Paco up the middle. Andy is going to Andy..it goes with the territory. It's al water under the bridge..on to Baltimore.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

This is why we need a 6'3-6'4 receiver that can go get jump balls in the end zone, so we have options to keep them from calling that stupid jet sweep inside the 5.  I loathe that play in that situation.  

21 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Probably can't rely on Jody Fortson to be healthy next year, but he was supposed to fill that role, along with Justyn Ross.

Fortson and Ross have proven nothing.  The Chiefs need to sign or draft a red zone threat to take some of the pressure off Kelce and keep the defenses honest.  Running up the middle is still the best odds.  Bring in Allegretti as a sixth lineman and keep Mahomes under center.  It may get stuffed, but that only costs one down.  Better than taking a loos running wide or throwing in incompletion.  Third down?  I can see it.  First and goal from the three?  Run it in via the shortest route.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Fortson and Ross have proven nothing.  The Chiefs need to sign or draft a red zone threat to take some of the pressure off Kelce and keep the defenses honest.  Running up the middle is still the best odds.  Bring in Allegretti as a sixth lineman and keep Mahomes under center.  It may get stuffed, but that only costs one down.  Better than taking a loos running wide or throwing in incompletion.  Third down?  I can see it.  First and goal from the three?  Run it in via the shortest route.  

Mike Evans would be that guy for a couple years if he comes cheap.

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Mike Evans would be that guy for a couple years if he comes cheap.

They should bring in an Evans and draft one as well.  I love the speed guys, but we don't need a bunch of 5'9 receivers running around.  A jumpball threat, paired with a deep threat and a Kelce would be nasty, especially with our sudden willingness to run the ball.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

This is why we need a 6'3-6'4 receiver that can go get jump balls in the end zone, so we have options to keep them from calling that stupid jet sweep inside the 5.  I loathe that play in that situation.  

I'm probably in the minority, but I really truly hate the fade routes.  I'd rather they do a quadruple reverse fumbleroosky than throw those god awful jump balls in corner of the end zone.  

28 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I really truly hate the fade routes.  I'd rather they do a quadruple reverse fumbleroosky than throw those god awful jump balls in corner of the end zone.  

I'm not talking about fade routes, just a big receiver that can go up and take that short slant in the end zone by high pointing the ball against a DB that's likely 3+ inches shorter.  A bigger receiver opens up a lot of doors in terms of back shoulder throws and congested end zone throws.  I realize no one is Randy Moss, but that's the style I'm thinking.  On a deep shot a big receiver doesn't have to outrun everyone to be "open".

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I'm not talking about fade routes, just a big receiver that can go up and take that short slant in the end zone by high pointing the ball against a DB that's likely 3+ inches shorter.  A bigger receiver opens up a lot of doors in terms of back shoulder throws and congested end zone throws.  I realize no one is Randy Moss, but that's the style I'm thinking.  On a deep shot a big receiver doesn't have to outrun everyone to be "open".

Fine.  But I still hate fade routes.  

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

What stud. Our team doesn’t pass the buck. Kelce was wrong, but it was very gracious. Pat and Andy as well always take the blame. It can be a straight up drop and Pat saying he could have thrown it better. 

Thank God we don't have the crap that is going on in Dallas

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

What stud. Our team doesn’t pass the buck. Kelce was wrong, but it was very gracious. Pat and Andy as well always take the blame. It can be a straight up drop and Pat saying he could have thrown it better. 

Doesn't matter that Kelce didn't get the block he wanted.  Hardman's job was to advance the ball.  He already had one fumble and ball security should have been priority #1.  Second and goal from the half yard line isn't all that bad.  Give it to Pacheco.  Give it to CEH if Pacheco is tired.  The Chiefs had Humphry, Smith, and Thuney and the Bills had third string LBs.  Failure goes to Andy's play call and to Hardman's ball security.  All Kelce did was not make an outstanding block.  

Good on Kelce! Taking the heat away from hardman. 
as others have said, line up and fukin run it down there throats. It don’t matter if they know it’s coming. That’s what u do inside the 5. This is where I loved vermeil and Holmes. They did not care u knew it was coming. 

I like Mike Evans over Tee for a couple reasons.  Mike's contract will be shorter and fall in line with Rice's rookie deal.  Mike has shown he can be the #1 alpha with good or bad qbs and I think he has one more elite year and probably a couple decent years left.  Tee Higgins is a big wr and played well this year, but he has never been the #1 in that offense and making that jump from #2 to #1 isn't always easy.  He thrives on contested balls and jump balls because of his size but Mahomes doesn't throw those unless forced too.  Finally Higgins is gonna want a long term contract in the 20's which if we weren't going to give that to Tyreek Hill why would we give that to a far less talented wr in Higgins.  

Sign up Mike Evans, draft another wr in rounds 2-4, pair those with Rice, Watson, and then let Ross, Moore, Tony, and Remigio fight for those last two spots.  Even the back end doesn't float your boat go get a bargain bin vet like Adam Thielen for a year.  

18 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like Mike Evans over Tee for a couple reasons.  Mike's contract will be shorter and fall in line with Rice's rookie deal.  Mike has shown he can be the #1 alpha with good or bad qbs and I think he has one more elite year and probably a couple decent years left.  Tee Higgins is a big wr and played well this year, but he has never been the #1 in that offense and making that jump from #2 to #1 isn't always easy.  He thrives on contested balls and jump balls because of his size but Mahomes doesn't throw those unless forced too.  Finally Higgins is gonna want a long term contract in the 20's which if we weren't going to give that to Tyreek Hill why would we give that to a far less talented wr in Higgins.  

Sign up Mike Evans, draft another wr in rounds 2-4, pair those with Rice, Watson, and then let Ross, Moore, Tony, and Remigio fight for those last two spots.  Even the back end doesn't float your boat go get a bargain bin vet like Adam Thielen for a year.  

I know we need depth, but I'm entirely in favor of more 13 personnel.  A solid top 3-4 wrs paired with Gray, Kelce and draft another TE.  I can handle Moore OR Toney being on the roster if it's at the 5th wr spot.