1 hour ago, jetlord said:

That's good, but the way the Chiefs shut down playoff teams in the second halves is classic. 

Thank god too because we scored nothing in the 2nd against Ravens 

I will be the first admit I was wrong about Spags in years past.  He finally has a defensive full of good players and he is doing an amazing job.   So glad I was dead wrong.   If we win the SB this year it will be in large part due to his D getting us there.  One of the greats for sure!

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

they were showing older games between the chiefs and ravens on NFL Network before Sundays game, i watched a bit of one and they had a shot of Werthers on the sideline as our DC...Switching to Spags was one of the best moves Veach has ever made.

or was it Andy's call? They do have history

1 hour ago, West said:

My guess is that Spags is very comfortable in KC and has zero interest in the NFL HC Carousel.

Why leave if he loves what he is doing?  All KC has to do is keep him $$ happy.

Spags said in an interview earlier this year, that he'd love to have the opportunity to HC again, but that at this point he didn't really expect it to happen. He also said that he's happy with KC.

1 hour ago, West said:

My guess is that Spags is very comfortable in KC and has zero interest in the NFL HC Carousel.

Why leave if he loves what he is doing?  All KC has to do is keep him $$ happy.

Maybe, but it's hard to turn down the $$$ and authority that comes with a HC job.  How many times have we seen the Peter Principle in play in coaching hires?  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe, but it's hard to turn down the $$$ and authority that comes with a HC job.  How many times have we seen the Peter Principle in play in coaching hires?  

JMO but the trend is to go to younger coaches..not saying his window is closed but along his age and the fact that he's been coaching into mid February doesn't help either. Have you seen his Head coach resume'?

Head coaching record[edit]

Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
STL 2009 1 15 0 .063 4th in NFC West
STL 2010 7 9 0 .438 2nd in NFC West
STL 2011 2 14 0 .125 4th in NFC West
STL total 10 38 0 .208  
NYG 2017* 1 3 0 .250 4th in NFC East
Total[17] 11 41 0 .212

On 2/1/2024 at 10:45 AM, oldtimer said:

JMO but the trend is to go to younger coaches..not saying his window is closed but along his age and the fact that he's been coaching into mid February doesn't help either. Have you seen his Head coach resume'?

STL total 10 38 0 .208  
Total[17] 11 41 0 .212

Good points.  The fact that Belachic didn't get a job says a lot about age.  Of course, part of his problem is that no organization would want to give up total control to him. 

On 2/1/2024 at 11:45 AM, oldtimer said:

STL total 10 38 0 .208  
Total[17] 11 41 0 .212

Those were some bad teams overall.  What'd he have at QB?  Wasn't that the beginning of the Sam Bradford years?  Literally the guy that gave us the rookie wage scale cause he got so much money for sucking.  Before that it was the ghost of Marc Bulger.  I think he was interim for NYG.  You know things are going well when you take over as interim HC.

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good points.  The fact that Belachic didn't get a job says a lot about age.  Of course, part of his problem is that no organization would want to give up total control to him. 

It would have to be a front office overridden by the owner.  No front office in their right mind will hire Billy boy knowing they'll all be out of a job if they hire him.