Gotta give props to the backups

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

Good point..Allegrati would love to take the starting job and help himself with contract time comes around..

Could very well happen. I don't know though if we can keep Allegretti this year. Him proving he can start, do it well and is versatile to back up many positions will be what a team pays good money for this year. He will be 27/28 and if he gets a multi year deal, I think he will be gone.

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Could very well happen. I don't know though if we can keep Allegretti this year. Him proving he can start, do it well and is versatile to back up many positions will be what a team pays good money for this year. He will be 27/28 and if he gets a multi year deal, I think he will be gone.

So would you consider trading Smith this off season while he has value, inserting Allegretti at RT, and developing a backup IOL?  Got to pay Humphry and Bolton next year at this time.  

56 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So would you consider trading Smith this off season while he has value, inserting Allegretti at RT, and developing a backup IOL?  Got to pay Humphry and Bolton next year at this time.  

Sounds like a good deal...Veech/Andy seem pretty good at finding mid round linemen. Aaaannnd, we get more cap space by trading smith.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

That will probably happen this offseason.  Next season is their last on rookie contracts.  They will want to lock them up then.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

That will probably happen this offseason.  Next season is their last on rookie contracts.  They will want to lock them up then.

I think one gets an in season extension done. Can allegretti play RT? If anything move him to RG. Either Taylor works at LT and we go with Morris at LT or Morris stays at LT. If we can get an upgrade in FA or draft then LT would be it. Hell even Thuney can go LT and Allegretti to LG. We have options 

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I think one gets an in season extension done. Can allegretti play RT? If anything move him to RG. Either Taylor works at LT and we go with Morris at LT or Morris stays at LT. If we can get an upgrade in FA or draft then LT would be it. Hell even Thuney can go LT and Allegretti to LG. We have options 

Allegreti has been there several years.  I don’t ever remember him playing RT.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

My mistake.  I meant to post "RG".  Leave Taylor where he is and hope he gets his head on straight.  Find that long term LT early in the draft.  Even if they think Wanya can start, they still need another OT.