Have we given up on the whole "We don't deserve a Super Bowl" thing

23 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Wasn't long ago that we were pretty down on these guys as I recall.  

Yes we were....For good reason..

The offense looked played like shit for quite awhile.

Penalties, turnovers and drops.....every week. 

I think that would be a good reason to be down on these guys.

12 hours ago, robgar said:

lol you guys know I will never count them out.. when buffalo was destroying us.. I still held firm.. and I did all this season as well.. 

yes you did.

Did anyone after that Raider game on Christmas actually believe that team had what it takes to win a SB? I'm not sure I believed it. I do believe that with Patrick Mahomes there is always a chance.

My 2024 thoughts were that we would win 12-13 games and we did not.

I also thought the Defense would improve, but no nearly as much as they have.

Therefore, I was down on the Chiefs after some of the tough (silly losses) but not on this board....my wife had to live with my frustrations.

Frankly, I am disappointed in the Offense and the Coaching this year on three levels:

1. Poor discipline by the OLIne (Stupid Penalties) and Kadarius Toney....

2. Hot Tub Hardman....

3. Poor Execution by the WR's and Blake Bell....those drops and deflected passes that turned into Pick 6's cost us 2-3 wins.

That said, I love the development of Chenal,  Rice, Karlaftis, the success  free agents like  Tranquil and Omenyhu as well as Mike Edwards....

I love the great play and  consistency of Justin Reid,  Butker, Townsend, Mahomes, Kelce, Pacheco, Sneed, McDuffie, Bolton, Jones, Humphrey, Thuney, & Trey Smith.

Frankly, this is a great organization and as fans we are "in the middle" of something great.....enjoy the ride with #15 driving the train.

w

22 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Did anyone after that Raider game on Christmas actually believe that team had what it takes to win a SB? I'm not sure I believed it. I do believe that with Patrick Mahomes there is always a chance.

The team that played from the Denver loss until the Raider fiasco isn't the team that played in the playoffs.  Maybe that bad stretch was a wake up call.  Maybe all the bad breaks got used up in the regular season.  Hardman's fumble on the goal line didn't cost a game in the playoffs like Flowers' did in BAL,  Earlier, the Chiefs would have lost in both instances.  Kelce looks refreshed.  Rice has grown every game.  Taylor has played well as has Donavon Smith.  We can't be too harsh with those who felt the season was hopeless.  The November/December Chiefs weren't a SB team.  

44 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I know a guy ( x member here) who bet on the Chiefs to Win the SB after that game

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

I didn't think they would do it, having said that, the Homer side of me dreamed about what's happening 

After the Christmas game, I thought the Chiefs would still win their division and probably the resulting home playoff game, but lose the divisional game on the road or certainly the AFCCG.  But there was a sense of change in the Cincy game even though the competition wasn't that tough.  After dominating the Dolphins, it was easier to see the defense carrying the team to the SB if a few breaks went the right way.  As homers, we always hope,   We could hang our hopes on the fact that most of the Chiefs' losses this season were by a margin of one freak play, one untimely penalty, or one ugly dropped pass.  No drops in the BAL game.  That's what we were hoping for.  

The way the season was going, I wasn’t worried about our defense. They did there job every week. It was the offense as we all know. 
I knew they would make the playoffs, but I do not think they could flip the switch as they have. This is unreal. Teams don’t do that. All of sudden, our offense is moving the ball, catching balls, tackles playing well etc. I still look at this as an unbelievable feat and I wonder if they just get bored during the regular season hence lack of focus. I’m not sure. There is also some of mahomes effect here along with other leaders like kelce….basically saying, it’s fukin go time! It’s still unbelievable to me that they could flip the switch like this. That is the scary part of this team for the rest of the nfl.