Have we given up on the whole "We don't deserve a Super Bowl" thing

The defense has been consistent.  The offense hasn't changed much either except they haven't had the glaring mistakes they made in the regular season.  No dropped passes, only one unfortunate goal line turnover by Hardman, fewer drive stopping penalties.  They still don't have the dynamic offense we used to expect from Mahomes.  Give this team a true #1 WR and stud LT and they could be special.  

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The defense has been consistent.  The offense hasn't changed much either except they haven't had the glaring mistakes they made in the regular season.  No dropped passes, only one unfortunate goal line turnover by Hardman, fewer drive stopping penalties.  They still don't have the dynamic offense we used to expect from Mahomes.  Give this team a true #1 WR and stud LT and they could be special.  

not 100% sure  Rice is not that #1 maybe add a solid#2 and Watson as #3..sure would be nice to have a burner tho

I like this kid from South Carolina 4.29 with size

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Xavier-Legette-WR-SouthCarolina

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Xavier Legette has insane measurables. His low 4.3 speed in the forty-yard dash along with the size height combination isn't something we have seen DK Metcalf. Legette excels in making contested catches and using his physicality to gain yards after the catch, making him a potential deep threat and red-zone target.

Leggette however has only played one significant year of college football and scouts will have to determine if 2023 was the new norm or a bit of a unicorn.

His transition to the NFL will require improvements in footwork and explosiveness off the line, as well as enhanced ability in the open field.

His upside is as high as any receiver in the draft class not called Marvin Harrison, and given this we could see a team falling in love with his athletic traits especially if he puts on a show at the combine. He could easily go in the second round, it's a pity for him Al Davis isn't still alive or he'd be a Slam dunk first-round selection.

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not 100% sure  Rice is not that #1 maybe add a solid#2 and Watson as #3..sure would be nice to have a burner tho

I like this kid from South Carolina 4.29 with size

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Xavier-Legette-WR-SouthCarolina

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Xavier Legette has insane measurables. His low 4.3 speed in the forty-yard dash along with the size height combination isn't something we have seen DK Metcalf. Legette excels in making contested catches and using his physicality to gain yards after the catch, making him a potential deep threat and red-zone target.

Leggette however has only played one significant year of college football and scouts will have to determine if 2023 was the new norm or a bit of a unicorn.

His transition to the NFL will require improvements in footwork and explosiveness off the line, as well as enhanced ability in the open field.

His upside is as high as any receiver in the draft class not called Marvin Harrison, and given this we could see a team falling in love with his athletic traits especially if he puts on a show at the combine. He could easily go in the second round, it's a pity for him Al Davis isn't still alive or he'd be a Slam dunk first-round selection.

Legette has been mocked to the Chiefs by several "experts".  Might be a reach for the first round, but if no OT stands out at #32............

3 hours ago, robgar said:

theres a stat in mind I can hopefully bring up after the superbowl. One that is just flat out amazing. 

but i am not gonna risk it until after the game. 

You're such a tease 😒

I think KT’s “benching” could have been more of a Mahomes decision.  He was livid after that final pass bounced off KT’s hands and was picked.  Just a theory, but Pat might have told AR that they could continue playing him, but he wasn’t throwing it his way.  No more confidence. 

JMO

43 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I think KT’s “benching” could have been more of a Mahomes decision.  He was livid after that final pass bounced off KT’s hands and was picked.  Just a theory, but Pat might have told AR that they could continue playing him, but he wasn’t throwing it his way.  No more confidence. 

JMO

I don't think Patrick would do that. He doesn't decide who is put in there, and he is not adamant or petulant or demanding or threatening. If Toney is the only one open, Mahomes would and should throw it to him. He gets frustrated like anyone, but if he were like the guy in your theory, he would not have kept throwing to any of those guys with all the drops this season.  He is a mentor, not a punisher.  It isn't his personality. This team would not be what it is if the GOAT acted like that.  I don't believe in that theory for one moment.

12 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think Patrick would do that. He doesn't decide who is put in there, and he is not adamant or petulant or demanding or threatening. If Toney is the only one open, Mahomes would and should throw it to him. He gets frustrated like anyone, but if he were like the guy in your theory, he would not have kept throwing to any of those guys with all the drops this season.  He is a mentor, not a punisher.  It isn't his personality. This team would not be what it is if the GOAT acted like that.  I don't believe in that theory for one moment.

Agree.  How did MVS get several throws the the last two playoff games  It paid off and Toney could be the same.  One big play and it would be worth not shutting him out of the play possibility.  

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  How did MVS get several throws the the last two playoff games  It paid off and Toney could be the same.  One big play and it would be worth not shutting him out of the play possibility.  

I think you all underestimate Pat’s influence and authority.  Maybe he didn’t go to Andy, but according to KT, he has been a healthy scratch.  Was that Andy and Nagy, or Pat?

I hope this theory is off and KT turns a corner, improves his concentration, earns Pat’s trust again, and balls out.  We need him.  Not only for LVIII, but for next year.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

I think you all underestimate Pat’s influence and authority.  Maybe he didn’t go to Andy, but according to KT, he has been a healthy scratch.  Was that Andy and Nagy, or Pat?

I hope this theory is off and KT turns a corner, improves his concentration, earns Pat’s trust again, and balls out.  We need him.  Not only for LVIII, but for next year.

Hard to imagine anything Toney could do on Sunday that would get him back next year.  Same for Hardman.  For whatever reason, some players just don't get it. 

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hard to imagine anything Toney could do on Sunday that would get him back next year.  Same for Hardman.  For whatever reason, some players just don't get it. 

Since the NFL is faster, you need to mentally process faster.  Some people just can't.  They may have been great in college, but their brain just doesn't process fast enough for the NFL.  There is no way to scout for that, either. So, you draft the best you can knowing that a fair percentage of your picks are going to be busts or just role players.

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Since the NFL is faster, you need to mentally process faster.  Some people just can't.  They may have been great in college, but their brain just doesn't process fast enough for the NFL.  There is no way to scout for that, either. So, you draft the best you can knowing that a fair percentage of your picks are going to be busts or just role players.

Toney's mouth sure does go quicker than his brain can process it.

19 hours ago, SEMO said:

True. If you were soon to be the father of new twin girls, you might or should be a healthy scratch, too. Remember, "healthy"  in football only refers to physical health. Also, it's easy to be emotionally preoccupied but not be completely aware of it mentally, while others can see it clearly. Some of our emotions, like anxiety or grief, are particularly like that. It can even slow down mental processing.  All of us have experienced that at times. Andy Reid knows that, even recently with his son.  We should reserve final judgement for a while longer.

I think Toney's primary problem with catching the ball is his concentration. I went back and looked at every pass he dropped. 

He took his eyes off the ball before securing the catch on every single one. It most of those cases...not all, but in most there was a defender bearing down on him and he was trying to make a move before securing the ball. I think the dude has decent hands, I think he just tries to do too much or he doesn't like contact. 

Now I know if I can see these issues, Reid and Nagy have to see these issues....

Based on all of that, I really don't see KT having a future here. I wish he worked out, but I think he's burned ALL of his bridges...

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

True. If you were soon to be the father of new twin girls, you might or should be a healthy scratch, too. Remember, "healthy"  in football only refers to physical health. Also, it's easy to be emotionally preoccupied but not be completely aware of it mentally, while others can see it clearly. Some of our emotions, like anxiety or grief, are particularly like that. It can even slow down mental processing.  All of us have experienced that at times. Andy Reid knows that, even recently with his son.  We should reserve final judgement for a while longer.

For most people, having twin daughters while making good money would lead one to want to secure the family financial future by doing well at probably the only source of good income available.  Poking a stick in the eye of one's employer isn't a good plan.  Even with distractions, it was stupid for Toney to question the Chiefs' injury report.  He has since backtracked, saying he was referring to the Giants, but I doubt many will buy that.  

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For most people, having twin daughters while making good money would lead one to want to secure the family financial future by doing well at probably the only source of good income available.  Poking a stick in the eye of one's employer isn't a good plan.  Even with distractions, it was stupid for Toney to question the Chiefs' injury report.  He has since backtracked, saying he was referring to the Giants, but I doubt many will buy that.  

Yup..Making that shit public was the nail in the coffin. He can't be trusted with the things that go on in the building...

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Based on all of that, I really don't see KT having a future here. I wish he worked out, but I think he's burned ALL of his bridges...

I think so.  If they can get one great play out of him in the SB, maybe it will pique the interest of some desperate team in exchange for a late round pick, maybe a division rival he could hurt. I feel sorry for him, though.  He is in some kind of life crisis. Two newborn baby girls to support and a disintigrating future in football. Glad I'm old and not in his shoes.

17 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think so.  If they can get one great play out of him in the SB, maybe it will pique the interest of some desperate team in exchange for a late round pick, maybe a division rival he could hurt. I feel sorry for him, though.  He is in some kind of life crisis. Two newborn baby girls to support and a disintigrating future in football. Glad I'm old and not in his shoes.

If you was in his shoes, you'd make better decisions.  People in his background, parents, coaches, friends, or hangers on let him down.  All that physical talent and wasting it because he couldn't do life, at least to this point.  Too many stories like that in many professions.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

If you was in his shoes, you'd make better decisions.  People in his background, parents, coaches, friends, or hangers on let him down.  All that physical talent and wasting it because he couldn't do life, at least to this point.  Too many stories like that in many professions.  

There are a lot of young people who have problems with decision-making during periods of difficulty, least of all kids who are 25 years old. Older people do, too.  Sometimes a little understanding is a good thing. As far as whether I would have less difficulty if I were in his shoes, you are probably right.  But I am 76, not 25. You accumulate more down time experiences as you get older and learn to deal with them more skillfully. When I was 3, I would scream and kick my feet. Now, I only do that when the Chiefs lose.