McKinnon to play in Superbowl?

Has been designated to return from IR, and his practice window is open. Either he's got a legit chance to add another wrinkle to the offense, or we're just jacking around with SF to make them potentially plan/practice for him. Either way, I like the move. 

Andy Reid on the potential of Kadarius Toney playing Sunday in the Super Bowl:
“We’ll see…he’s been practicing.”

Adds that Jerick McKinnon has NOT been practicing and has a slim chance of playing Sunday.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:
Andy Reid on the potential of Kadarius Toney playing Sunday in the Super Bowl:
“We’ll see…he’s been practicing.”

Adds that Jerick McKinnon has NOT been practicing and has a slim chance of playing Sunday.

Probably just day to day and we'll see how it goes.  That's how they roll. 

On 2/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, oldtimer said:

he has seemed to of lost a step tho

He's definitely lost a step.  I don't have much faith that a declining running back that hasn't played for many weeks will be able to suddenly be a contributor in the Super Bowl.  Let's not get cute, just go with what's been working.  Pat is going to shred that 49er defense. 

51 minutes ago, moons314 said:

He's definitely lost a step.  I don't have much faith that a declining running back that hasn't played for many weeks will be able to suddenly be a contributor in the Super Bowl.  Let's not get cute, just go with what's been working.  Pat is going to shred that 49er defense. 

Disagree.  McKinnon can pass block better and is another threat for a possession pass or even a TD.  Pacheco can't be in on every down and even if he could, McKinnon brings a different issue for the Niner defense to deal with.  I'd risk playing him over CEH when it comes to relieving Pacheo if he's even at 80%. 

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Disagree.  McKinnon can pass block better and is another threat for a possession pass or even a TD.  Pacheco can't be in on every down and even if he could, McKinnon brings a different issue for the Niner defense to deal with.  I'd risk playing him over CEH when it comes to relieving Pacheo if he's even at 80%. 

either he's not at 80% or Andy disagrees. Jmo here but I think to activate McK  takes away a possible slot for a defensive player with the thought  that we need as many rotational DLs as we can get

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

He's a 32 year old rb that hasn't played a game in 2 months, and has 250 scrimmage yards for the season in 12 games.  I loathe CEH as much as anyone, but McKinnon this year just ain't it.  There are so many factors that make me uncomfortable with inserting him into the gameplan.  If he's your 3rd RB in case of injury, ok I get that, but IMO barring injury, he's best on the sidelines. 

58 minutes ago, moons314 said:

He's a 32 year old rb that hasn't played a game in 2 months, and has 250 scrimmage yards for the season in 12 games.  I loathe CEH as much as anyone, but McKinnon this year just ain't it.  There are so many factors that make me uncomfortable with inserting him into the gameplan.  If he's your 3rd RB in case of injury, ok I get that, but IMO barring injury, he's best on the sidelines. 

That's my point.  There isn't anyone else to relieve Pacheco and McKinnon has the experience.  If he can't be effective, then Reid won't activate him and that's the way it should be. 

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's my point.  There isn't anyone else to relieve Pacheco and McKinnon has the experience.  If he can't be effective, then Reid won't activate him and that's the way it should be. 

I actually hope they draft a RB this year...before the 7th rd.

I think Pacheco is good change of pace back, but not a true homerun hitter..

27 minutes ago, artsy said:

I actually hope they draft a RB this year...before the 7th rd.

I think Pacheco is good change of pace back, but not a true homerun hitter..

so define "Home Run Hitter" & how is it a guy that can run 21mph and a 4:37 40 guy ( Jamal Charles was 4:38) not a HR hitter?

but to make it simple..name me a "home Run hitter" RB that will be available

here's 23 RBs  in the 2024 draft

20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

so define "Home Run Hitter" & how is it a guy that can run 21mph and a 4:37 40 guy ( Jamal Charles was 4:38) not a HR hitter?

but to make it simple..name me a "home Run hitter" RB that will be available

here's 23 RBs  in the 2024 draft

Pacheco's vision is not the greatest. And while his patience has got better since last year, IMO..he still lacks some the agility and smoothness of some of the top tier backs. 

I agree with Jet that they could find a solid one in the 4th or 5th rnd..