Mr Mahomes 3rd DWI

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/police-patrick-mahomes-dad-arrested-on-dwi-charge-days-before-super-bowl-212834650.html

Police: Patrick Mahomes' dad arrested on DWI charge days before Super Bowl

Patrick Mahomes' father Pat Mahomes Sr. was arrested Saturday by police in Tyler, Texas, on a charge of driving while intoxicated.

Jail records show that Mahomes Sr. was charged then released on $10,000 bond. The arrest was designated as "driving while intoxicated, third or more." Jail records show two previous DWI charges, one from 2012 and another from 2018.

Details from his arrest on Saturday were not immediately clear. Per court records cited by the Kansas City Star, Mahomes Sr. pleaded guilty to his 2018 DWI charge and served 40 days in jail. He served the sentence on weekends over a span from 2019 to 2020.

This came up on my phone several times yesterday. I selfishly wanted to keep the positive vibe going on the forum, and didn't bring it up, but knew many of you hear about it soon. Shannon Sharpe made a good point, saying Mahomes has the resources to just get his Dad a car service. Having said that I agree with what KC Warpaint said.

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

yup it's distraction regardless

Not really.  If it was a situation like Reid's boy had, it'd be a different story.  It's definitely not something that Pat or the guys are going to be dwelling on at practice, in prep, or during the game.  The media will ask questions, Pat will give PC answers, and everyone that matters will forget all about it and carry on with their work.