And now the Excuses start

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

And if the Chiefs lose, it will be because their practice field was too hard.  Media sure has to reach to fill a week of nothing happening.  

it's not only the media trying to fill a week with nonsense

The excuses began as soon as the playoffs began ...

*The Dolphins (a warm weather team) couldn't handle the cold as well as the Chiefs.

*The Bills were missing too many defenders because of injury.

*The Ravens uncharacteristically gave up on the run game and it cost them. 

Nothing is about what the Chiefs do on the field. I heard a panel of analysts talking after the Ravens game and the question was, "Did the Chiefs win the game or did the Ravens lose it?" They all pretty much agreed the Ravens blew it. Chiefs still getting mixed levels of respect and getting booed at the SB gatherings. 

45 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The excuses began as soon as the playoffs began ...

*The Dolphins (a warm weather team) couldn't handle the cold as well as the Chiefs.

*The Bills were missing too many defenders because of injury.

*The Ravens uncharacteristically gave up on the run game and it cost them. 

Nothing is about what the Chiefs do on the field. I heard a panel of analysts talking after the Ravens game and the question was, "Did the Chiefs win the game or did the Ravens lose it?" They all pretty much agreed the Ravens blew it. Chiefs still getting mixed levels of respect and getting booed at the SB gatherings. 

Well, the Ravens did lose it.  They committed three turnovers and forgot how to run.  Same could be said for the Chiefs.  They blew at least four games because of drops, turnovers, or penalties.  There's always a reason for a team to lose.  Guess the Chiefs could start making excuses about not having four starters (Thuney, Cook, Omenihu, Nnadi) and their third down back available for the biggest game of the year.  Somehow, if they win I doubt anyone will care.  If they lose, no one will care.  And if the Niners go to four SBs in the next four years, they'll be booed just as loudly.  That's how we roll. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Well, the Ravens did lose it.  They committed three turnovers and forgot how to run.  Same could be said for the Chiefs.  They blew at least four games because of drops, turnovers, or penalties.  There's always a reason for a team to lose.  Guess the Chiefs could start making excuses about not having four starters (Thuney, Cook, Omenihu, Nnadi) and their third down back available for the biggest game of the year.  Somehow, if they win I doubt anyone will care.  If they lose, no one will care.  And if the Niners go to four SBs in the next four years, they'll be booed just as loudly.  That's how we roll. 

Personally....I think the Chiefs play better when they feel everything is against them. Brady was the king of whipping up the "no one believes in us" angle. Mahomes is cut from that same cloth. Bring on the boos!!!