EB was apparently back for some meetings and spoke to the offense before the game.  Coincidence that they played one of their best and toughest-minded games of the year?  Dunno, but it sounds like everyone was happy to have him around.

22 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Havent seen any posts about this so...

https://l.smartnews.com/p-spwYH/xTtdsa

This was all i found:

From Arrowhead Report

This week, it was revealed that the Kansas City Chiefs got a bit of a boost ahead of their AFC Championship Game win over the Baltimore Ravens. It came from an unexpected source: former offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy.

Bieniemy, who is done with his debut campaign with the Washington Commanders, had his year come to a close when the regular season ended. With a clearer schedule at his disposal and the Chiefs playing at M&T Bank Stadium in Maryland, the 54-year-old spent some time with his old team.

Speaking to the media on Wednesday before Super Bowl LVIII, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Bieniemy talked to Kansas City during Ravens week. 

"I did, he actually came in and talked to our team before our last game," Reid said. "He talked to the offensive guys and hung out with us in our meetings. I have had a chance to talk to him. He's still up for a couple [of] jobs."

1 hour ago, Boone said:

EB was apparently back for some meetings and spoke to the offense before the game.  Coincidence that they played one of their best and toughest-minded games of the year?  Dunno, but it sounds like everyone was happy to have him around.

The team played it's best 3 games of the season in the playoffs, so no, EB talking to a bunch of the guys he knows before the Baltimore game isn't some sign from the gods.  I'm not picking on you, so please don't take it that way.  There has been some kind of season long love affair with EB bc the offense struggled, and the clamoring for him to come back has just been frustrating to me, as if he's the missing link.  Andy Reid has always had good offenses, no matter who the OC is.  I was frustrated too with the offense in the regular season, but that unit has been more of a personnel problem than it has been a coaching problem.  Nagy was catching blame for scrubs like Toney dropping passes to opposing defenders.  This isn't a defend Nagy post either, it's just that at the end of the day, it's all Andy, not EB, Nagy, Pedersen, or any other assistant that has run through the Chiefs or Eagles under him.

The only thing EB might have brought is a sense of accountability or focus which maybe Nagy didn't.  IIRC, most here were hoping that EB would get a HC job so the Chiefs could snag extra draft capital.  Not many thought he was valuable to the Chiefs' success.  

50 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The only thing EB might have brought is a sense of accountability or focus which maybe Nagy didn't.  IIRC, most here were hoping that EB would get a HC job so the Chiefs could snag extra draft capital.  Not many thought he was valuable to the Chiefs' success.  

Oh you're definitely not wrong there.  Outside of this forum has been a season long outcry for EB as if he was the missing link.   I would've loved the extra draft capital.  At this point I think it's pretty safe to say that EB won't be an NFL head coach.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

The team played it's best 3 games of the season in the playoffs, so no, EB talking to a bunch of the guys he knows before the Baltimore game isn't some sign from the gods.  I'm not picking on you, so please don't take it that way.  There has been some kind of season long love affair with EB bc the offense struggled, and the clamoring for him to come back has just been frustrating to me, as if he's the missing link.  Andy Reid has always had good offenses, no matter who the OC is.  I was frustrated too with the offense in the regular season, but that unit has been more of a personnel problem than it has been a coaching problem.  Nagy was catching blame for scrubs like Toney dropping passes to opposing defenders.  This isn't a defend Nagy post either, it's just that at the end of the day, it's all Andy, not EB, Nagy, Pedersen, or any other assistant that has run through the Chiefs or Eagles under him.

I don't think it was anything other than they were happy to hear from a familiar, strong voice for the week and before the game. Mahomes is quoted as saying that some of the players had goosebumps hearing EB before the game. So, correlate that however you like. 

There is a drop off in offensive production this season, and the majority of the players and coaches are the same as last year. The only major differences are 2 OTs, 1 rookie WR, and the OC/WR coach...so of course the new blood will get the speculation and blame. 

2 hours ago, Boone said:

There is a drop off in offensive production this season, and the majority of the players and coaches are the same as last year. The only major differences are 2 OTs, 1 rookie WR, and the OC/WR coach...so of course the new blood will get the speculation and blame. 

Don't forget JuJu.  His production was about equivalent to Rice's, but Rice didn't come on until later in the season.  The Chiefs offense got well in the playoffs only because on few turnovers and not dropping easy passes.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Oh you're definitely not wrong there.  Outside of this forum has been a season long outcry for EB as if he was the missing link.   I would've loved the extra draft capital.  At this point I think it's pretty safe to say that EB won't be an NFL head coach.  

to be fair, with the way the Comodes played that is not a shock. Since he was not in the public eye like he was with KC he was quickly forgotten but it does feel like he will never get the chance.

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

Its looking like if he wants to be a HC he may have to go the college route and try to prove himself there.

Just now, West said:

Andy commented somewhere ( I read it...but am old and forgot where) that "The Chiefs currently have no openings...." post EB Visit.

w

yea he said that during his news conference but that IMO was a deflection trying not to get into hypotheticals

16 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't forget JuJu.  His production was about equivalent to Rice's, but Rice didn't come on until later in the season.  The Chiefs offense got well in the playoffs only because on few turnovers and not dropping easy passes.  

Juju was a massive loss, and his departure was a huge part of the offensive struggles.  The offense got notably better when things started to click for Rice.  

19 hours ago, Boone said:

I don't think it was anything other than they were happy to hear from a familiar, strong voice for the week and before the game. Mahomes is quoted as saying that some of the players had goosebumps hearing EB before the game. So, correlate that however you like. 

Not replacing Juju put the offense behind.  The major differences were, well major.  The Chiefs bet on unproven guys and it bit them early.  The regression of MVS coupled with the loss of Juju were the main factors in the offensive struggles.  Toney and Moore didn't progress.  While the RB, QB and line stayed pretty much the same, it was the WR position that stalled the offense.  Playcalling is hard when your receivers can't catch the ball.  I don't think for a second that this year offensively would've been any different with EB or any other OC.  The front office really shit the bed on the WR position.  

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Not replacing Juju put the offense behind.  The major differences were, well major.  The Chiefs bet on unproven guys and it bit them early.  The regression of MVS coupled with the loss of Juju were the main factors in the offensive struggles.  Toney and Moore didn't progress.  While the RB, QB and line stayed pretty much the same, it was the WR position that stalled the offense.  Playcalling is hard when your receivers can't catch the ball.  I don't think for a second that this year offensively would've been any different with EB or any other OC.  The front office really shit the bed on the WR position.  

and yet here we are playing in SB58