‘Twas the night before…

26 minutes ago, xen said:

It's nice knowing, no matter what happens, we still have mahomes and that he can take all kinds of different teams to the superbowl.  Makes you feel pretty confident about the future of this team.

They said he had not played a true road playoff game, he played two against two of the better AFC Opponents, Check that box

They said he could not win without reliable Wide Receivers, yet he has made it all the way to the title game AGAIN, Check that box

What will happen tonight? We will soon know, but i am sure happy we have #15 on our team now and for the future.

14 hours ago, qnet said:

I'm anxious, and really can't wait to see what happens. People are picking the Chiefs that I didn't expect to, and that makes me nervous. 

I play a game where I predict who the analysts will pick. Usually pretty accurate...but Skip Bayless picking the Chiefs? Made me feel sick to my stomach.🤢

3 hours ago, xen said:

It's nice knowing, no matter what happens, we still have mahomes and that he can take all kinds of different teams to the superbowl.  Makes you feel pretty confident about the future of this team.

Yeah, the future looks good.  It will be a real juggling act to keep top talent over the long term without getting into cap issues.  That's why I am okay with Jones being let go.  Don't need 30+ y.o. players blocking 26 y.o. guys. (Sneed, Humphrey, Bolton, etc.)  Can't help but think of Marino who made the SB as a rookie and never won one.  Chiefs have to draft well, avoid overpaying FAs, and be willing to let vets go no matter how popular.  

I never in my life of 49 years would believe anyone who said the Chiefs were about to play a superbowl and be a back to back winner, or even have a shot at it. I am so proud of the chiefs I am proud of us fans and my grandpa and grandma rest their souls would be absolutely over the moon right now.  They had season tickets to municipal when the chiefs came until my grandpa went blind.  I won’t know what to think or how to feel except even more proud and excited when we grab our second championship in two years.  Let’s go Chiefs!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 58shineson said:

I never in my life of 49 years would believe anyone who said the Chiefs were about to play a superbowl and be a back to back winner, or even have a shot at it. I am so proud of the chiefs I am proud of us fans and my grandpa and grandma rest their souls would be absolutely over the moon right now.  They had season tickets to municipal when the chiefs came until my grandpa went blind.  I won’t know what to think or how to feel except even more proud and excited when we grab our second championship in two years.  Let’s go Chiefs!!!!!!

i am happy my father who was a Red Coater and Season ticket holder for a Long time got to see the Chiefs win two more SB's before he passed in October, i know he is watching from a better seat now.