Super Bowl GAMEDAY thread chiefs vs niners

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Kittle threw so many devastating downfield blocks that his stats alone would have gotten him Super Bowl MVP in a loss.

Saw a line on AP today that said Kelce is also a great blocking TE.  Just look at the one the threw at Andy Reid in the first quarter.  

10 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

How do you not know the rules when this is your literal job? It has been a FG doesn’t win the game in the regular season for several years. The both teams get ball, even after a TD, in playoffs was literally born out of KC beating Buffalo 3 years ago. I think this speaks to Shanahan failing at the fundamentals if he doesn’t talk about it with the team but Andy does.

I don’t understand why they were so honest about that. I feel like I would be upset or ashamed that I didn’t know my job. I would feel that I was blaming the person who strategized to say that I didn’t know the rule and therefore didn’t know the strategy. I mean, after a loss.

I understand that you are still going to work as hard as you can to score a touchdown no matter what, and so therefore their play wasn’t affected. But if a coach makes a decision to take the ball first, and then loses, saying that you didn’t know the rule makes it sound like the coach’s decision is hindsight on why you lost.

For some reason, I could not remove that quote and I wanted to post something else, so I just sent it. it kept appearing no matter how many times I deleted it, or refresh the page or left the website and came back.

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Lots of good stuff there.  Who would have picked Chennel as the highest rated player in the SB?  And #2 was Pennel.  Just had to throw that out there for the Veach haters.  There's so many players, including so called fringe players, who saved the Chiefs this season, especially in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Lots of good stuff there.  Who would have picked Chennel as the highest rated player in the SB?  And #2 was Pennel.  Just had to throw that out there for the Veach haters.  There's so many players, including so called fringe players, who saved the Chiefs this season, especially in the playoffs.

Yup..Pennell was doing GROWN MAN SHIT it that game. He definetly needs to stick around..I was also very happy to Chenal playing good football. IMO, his only problem was his Football IQ and looks like he's figured it out...That is very promising for the future. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup..Pennell was doing GROWN MAN SHIT it that game. He definetly needs to stick around..I was also very happy to Chenal playing good football. IMO, his only problem was his Football IQ and looks like he's figured it out...That is very promising for the future. 

Oh yea, I forgot to add that Pennell wouldn't have even played if not for the Nnadi injury. I really don't believe Nnadi would've performed close to what Pennell did...

The way KC stacks depth is a little secret to their success that the rest of the league hasn't seemed to catch on to....yet.

52 minutes ago, artsy said:

Oh yea, I forgot to add that Pennell wouldn't have even played if not for the Nnadi injury. I really don't believe Nnadi would've performed close to what Pennell did...

The way KC stacks depth is a little secret to their success that the rest of the league hasn't seemed to catch on to....yet.

Another feather in the Veach cap.  DEPTH!  Even as poorly as the team played at times this past season, how many other teams could have withstood losing a starting S, starting RG, two starting DLs and their third down back for serious parts of the year and still have won?