39 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

When it says 7 times, I will be better, that would mean Pat passed Brady!  At this point, that is my number one thing I want to root for!

Brady had 7. Mahomes has 3 of 4 right now  for sb rings of the 4 we have as a franchise. It will have to say 8 for Mahomes to tie Brady.

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Brady had 7. Mahomes has 3 of 4 right now  for sb rings of the 4 we have as a franchise. It will have to say 8 for Mahomes to tie Brady.

I thought it was 7, but I heard it all over tv and radio it was 5.  It struck me as odd.  I guess I will learn to do my own research next time

Just looked it up, they were talking about SB MVP's not rings.  My bad

22 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I thought it was 7, but I heard it all over tv and radio it was 5.  It struck me as odd.  I guess I will learn to do my own research next time

Just looked it up, they were talking about SB MVP's not rings.  My bad

Ahh, Mahomes will get 5 if not more for sure if he makes it to the SB that many times.  He should own the record for wins, yards thrown, td's etc too by then or well before then.

54 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

It's almost impossible for one team to reach seven SB wins during one player's career.  Not taking away from anything Brady did, but who was his competition?  Manning?  Maybe big Ben a few times.  Not a long list of elite QBs in the AFC during his run.  Now there's Allen, Burrow, Lawrence, LJ8, Herbert, Stroud, and Tua.  With the right supporting cast and good coaching plus a little luck in playoff games, any one could win it once or twice.  The Chiefs won this year and last because they had superior coaching, especially Spags, and a QB who just refuses to lose. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

It's almost impossible for one team to reach seven SB wins during one player's career.  Not taking away from anything Brady did, but who was his competition?  Manning?  Maybe big Ben a few times.  Not a long list of elite QBs in the AFC during his run.  Now there's Allen, Burrow, Lawrence, LJ8, Herbert, Stroud, and Tua.  With the right supporting cast and good coaching plus a little luck in playoff games, any one could win it once or twice.  The Chiefs won this year and last because they had superior coaching, especially Spags, and a QB who just refuses to lose. 

Well they reached it 10 time for NE and he did once with TB for his 7th ring? If anyone can do it, I think Mahomes has the chance.  I still think players will start coming here soon for the chance to win it all. If this last win doesn't show you are better off with us versus going to the Ravens or Browns etc....I don't know what else a player would want in a chance for a ring.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Well they reached it 10 time for NE and he did once with TB for his 7th ring? If anyone can do it, I think Mahomes has the chance.  I still think players will start coming here soon for the chance to win it all. If this last win doesn't show you are better off with us versus going to the Ravens or Browns etc....I don't know what else a player would want in a chance for a ring.

Tranquill is a good example of ring seekers wanting to play for KC.  It's an open question of how much a player will give up in salary to get a chance at a ring.  Some will, especially late in their career, but a lot will go for the money.  Would you blame Sneed if he left for an extra $5,000,000?  I wouldn't.  I'll still contend that NE had success in a era with less competition, at least at the QB position.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Tranquill is a good example of ring seekers wanting to play for KC.  It's an open question of how much a player will give up in salary to get a chance at a ring.  Some will, especially late in their career, but a lot will go for the money.  Would you blame Sneed if he left for an extra $5,000,000?  I wouldn't.  I'll still contend that NE had success in a era with less competition, at least at the QB position.

Well Manning and Big Ben along with Brady were the only ones to represent the afc for many years. Now look at the last 5 years..... Mahomes and one by Burrow. Call it lack if qb competition if you want but Manning and Big Ben did things that Burrow, Lamar etc and others have yet to do by either making it to the SB let alone winning it.

The Patriots went like a decade between winning their first and last three. There was a drought between the wins with the Giants slowing them down twice. If Mahomes plays until he is 40, plenty of opportunity to win at least a couple of more. But also consider just how hard it is to do what KC has done in the last six years. KC could become its own historical moment. But they have to fight harder every year.

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well Manning and Big Ben along with Brady were the only ones to represent the afc for many years. Now look at the last 5 years..... Mahomes and one by Burrow. Call it lack if qb competition if you want but Manning and Big Ben did things that Burrow, Lamar etc and others have yet to do by either making it to the SB let alone winning it.

I see what you're saying and obviously, Mahomes has done as well as Brady against his two main rivals, Burrow and Allen.  I'll still contend that the AFC at this time has more potential SB quality QBs playing than at any time when Brady was king.  Kind of a silly point anyway since the supporting team and coaches along with a roster building GM has tons to do with who wins.  It's not just a QB matchup.  Then there's luck and strange bounces.  SFO made it to the SB because Purdy played well in the second half of the Lions game, but they wouldn't have been there if a nearly sure INT hadn't bounced of the CBs facemask and into the receiver's hands.  Takes more than being the best to win seven SBs.  

I caught a bit of whatever show Nick Wright is on and they had a segment with Eric Mangini. They were talking about the GOAT.  Mangini is already getting salty about it lol.  Very smugly was like Brady had him in head to head once in playoffs at AH the other in the SB.  Brought up Tom won a ring with 2 different teams.   

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I caught a bit of whatever show Nick Wright is on and they had a segment with Eric Mangini. They were talking about the GOAT.  Mangini is already getting salty about it lol.  Very smugly was like Brady had him in head to head once in playoffs at AH the other in the SB.  Brought up Tom won a ring with 2 different teams.   

That's why comparisons are so tricky.  The first Mahomes playoff loss to Brady was when the Chiefs had a really bad defense under Sutton and Ford decided to line up off sides at the most critical time.  The second loss was when the Chiefs O-line was a train wreck with Fisher and Schwartz out and the interior filled with mediocre players.  Not taking away from Brady, they won.  But it's a hard way conclude that Brady was the superior QB by those two games.

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's why comparisons are so tricky.  The first Mahomes playoff loss to Brady was when the Chiefs had a really bad defense under Sutton and Ford decided to line up off sides at the most critical time.  The second loss was when the Chiefs O-line was a train wreck with Fisher and Schwartz out and the interior filled with mediocre players.  Not taking away from Brady, they won.  But it's a hard way conclude that Brady was the superior QB by those two games.

Should have brought up losing 2 times to Eli

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Should have brought up losing 2 times to Eli

Good point! But no one is calling Eli the GOAT either...

It's fair for Brady fans to point out the 2 losses to Brady, and Pat has mentioned it several times when asked about the comparison. So I think Pat has set out to win more titles than Brady did to settle the score......And that would be fine with me!

12 hours ago, artsy said:

Good point! But no one is calling Eli the GOAT either...

It's fair for Brady fans to point out the 2 losses to Brady, and Pat has mentioned it several times when asked about the comparison. So I think Pat has set out to win more titles than Brady did to settle the score......And that would be fine with me!

No but they are calling Brady the goat and he lost to Eli. Now if the 2 losses, not both sb losses either, are counted against Mahomes, then the losses to Eli should be too for Brady. At least Brady is considered the goat. So those should be more acceptable losses for Mahomes.

It is all about Andy Reid....Mahomes is the best of all time IMO, but I think Burrow, Allen and Herbert would have done well if they were in KC with Andy.

Gotta keep Reid and Spags for the long term

1 minute ago, West said:

It is all about Andy Reid....Mahomes is the best of all time IMO, but I think Burrow, Allen and Herbert would have done well if they were in KC with Andy.

Gotta keep Reid and Spags for the long term

I think it is more of the combination of both.  Andy had zero rings, with some pretty good QBs before Pat arrived.  But, does Pat flourish as well with another coach and system?  

Andy finally has someone who can execute every play in his playbook.  And that, in turn, allows Pat to display every one of his elite skills.

It is a marriage made in heaven.