Buy, Sell, or Hold

What is everyone's opinion on which FAs the Chiefs should keep.  I have my own ideas, but would first like to know how others feel about these players.

Jones

Sneed

Bush

Danna

Gay

Edwards

Bell

Allegretti

Hardman

Gabbert

CEH

James

McKinnon

Nnadi

Smith

Townsend

Tranquill

Wanogho

Winchester

Who's a priority, how much would you offer, who would you let test FA but maybe sign for the right price, etc.? 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

What is everyone's opinion on which FAs the Chiefs should keep.  I have my own ideas, but would first like to know how others feel about these players.

Jones

Sneed

Bush

Danna

Gay

Edwards

Bell

Allegretti

Hardman

Gabbert

CEH

James

McKinnon

Nnadi

Smith

Townsend

Tranquill

Wanogho

Winchester

Who's a priority, how much would you offer, who would you let test FA but maybe sign for the right price, etc.? 

Jones Number 1 Priority  3 years 84 Mill FULLY GUARANTEED

Sneed Number 2   4 years 86 Million tops Jaire Alexander

Bush MEH if cheap enough

Danna Resign

Gay Think he has already decided he is leaving

Edwards

Bell MEH

Allegretti Resign

Hardman  If cheap enough

Gabbert MEH

CEH BYE

James MEH

McKinnon  Let walk

Nnadi Resign

Smith Resign

Townsend MEH

Tranquill Number 3Must have

Wanogho Resign

Winchester Resign

Realistically 

One of 

Jones or Sneed (Not sure which I'd prioritize)

One of 

Gay or Tranquill (Again not sure)

Winchester, Townsend, Danna (especially since Omenihu probs misses a lot of the year), Allegretti

The rest I think are replaceable.  

If players want to come to the Chiefs for the chance at a ring, then wouldn't it also be true that current players who have two or more rings would prioritize top money over getting another ring?  Careers are short and the chance for an extra few millions has to sound pretty good after already being on top early in ones' career.  

5 hours ago, xen said:

Keep Chris Jones.  Impossible to replace what he does for this team.

Keep Sneed if you can.

Would love to keep Tranquill.

The rest will work itself out.

Im sneed over jones at this point: age playing a factor. Keep both  drew. 

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

Im sneed over jones at this point: age playing a factor. Keep both  drew. 

Chiefs are not a dynasty without CJ.  He single handedly has shut down so many drives in the playoffs and SB.  I have no idea why KC fans underrate him still at this point.  He is still at the top of his game and we've seen AD still be dominant at the age where CJ would likely end his next contract.  There is a deal to be done if we want to.  He is simply impossible to replace.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Chiefs are not a dynasty without CJ.  He single handedly has shut down so many drives in the playoffs and SB.  I have no idea why KC fans underrate him still at this point.  He is still at the top of his game and we've seen AD still be dominant at the age where CJ would likely end his next contract.  There is a deal to be done if we want to.  He is simply impossible to replace.

He’s on the wrong side of 30 and wants huge money. Giving him what he wants just isn’t feasible. From my perspective, I’m afraid of giving him a big contract and his play falling off a cliff and being stuck with an albatross contract. 

12 hours ago, xen said:

Keep Chris Jones.  Impossible to replace what he does for this team.

Keep Sneed if you can.

Would love to keep Tranquill.

The rest will work itself out.

That is kind of where I am.  I was more for keeping Sneed earlier in the year.  But, Jones wrecked LVIII.  Gotta give him 30 per and let him retire a Chief.  Veach can replace Sneed.  Jones?  Nope.  If Veach can work it out to retain both, then in Veach we trust.

Would also like to see Danna, Allegreti, Tranquill, and Townsend retained.

I'm wondering how many free agents are going to give a hometown discount just for the chance to be on the only team to ever 3-peat. Money is money, I get that. And for many reasons that change each year, money is uncertain in the NFL...so I don't blame the players that take the bag when they get the chance. 

But history is also history. To lay claim to be part of the 3 years when a team won the Superbowl back-to-back-to-back? IMO (which has minimal value as a non-player)...That's worth doing a team-friendly deal or taking a paycut on a current contract. Veach has his work cut out for him this off-season.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I feel like CJ has the upper hand right now, even after all the emotion of the SB win subsides.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

He’s on the wrong side of 30 and wants huge money. Giving him what he wants just isn’t feasible. From my perspective, I’m afraid of giving him a big contract and his play falling off a cliff and being stuck with an albatross contract. 

Veach conducted an entire offseason roster construction after starting with literally hundreds of dollars in cap room.  Where there's a will there's a way.

59 minutes ago, xen said:

Veach conducted an entire offseason roster construction after starting with literally hundreds of dollars in cap room.  Where there's a will there's a way.

I remember that. He had something  like $177 in cap space and still managed to give Jones, Kelce and Mahomes contract extensions.

The guy's a salary cap wizard.

Mahomes already said he is willing to restructure....

Chiefs are going to go all in for the Three Peat.....  Reid and Kelce are not getting any younger.

Jones is a reasonable guy, he will have a Gold Jacket and He will Be in the Ring of Honor....I think they find a deal.

Sneed worries me more.

w

3 minutes ago, West said:

Mahomes already said he is willing to restructure....

Chiefs are going to go all in for the Three Peat.....  Reid and Kelce are not getting any younger.

Jones is a reasonable guy, he will have a Gold Jacket and He will Be in the Ring of Honor....I think they find a deal.

Sneed worries me more.

w

Sneed is doable I suppose.  If you did a 3 year deal he'd hit FA again at 30 and the 3rd year would be year 1 of an extension for McDuffie.  Since Veach loves that low cost 1st year presumably Sneed would have his highest cap hit the same year McDuffie had his lowest.

Where there's a will there's a way.

6 hours ago, West said:

Exactly, and on top of that he can smooth Mahomes contract as needed.....Patrick is not suffering from a "cash flow" crisis....

w

Patrick is probably the most likely to give a home town discount.  Winning another SB will bring in more money from the outside than what he would lose by shifting around his contract.  Also, he is so focused on winning and his legacy that he would probably take an actual hit in the pocketbook if it meant a better chance to win.  I've read that Mahomes gets around $45,000,000 in outside earnings so anything he gives up in football salary is essentially meaningless. 

9 hours ago, xen said:

You are absolutely correct.  Without Jones, the Chiefs don't win many of their playoff games and SB titles.  But the same could be said for Sneed this year.  One could even  make the case that the Chiefs don't win without Chennel in SB LVIII.  The issue isn't about the past, it's about what gives the Chiefs the best chance next season and the years beyond...Will Jones be effective three years down the road?  Can he be replaced with an above average DT and save $15 million to be spent on a top WR?  Can they draft the next top DT and have him up to speed in a year or so?  Bottom line is that signing Jones may be giving up too much in other areas.  That a problem that we can be glad it falls on Veach and we don't have to face it.