Buy, Sell, or Hold

I have gone back and forth all year but Jones is the priority.  Would be great to sign both but this is Sneeds only chance to get paid and I can't fault him for that so you have to tag him.  Then you see what someone will give for him.  Lots of teams need a legit #1 DB and there are only 2 available.   Get a late 1st or a 2nd and a mid round pick.   Love Sneed but Jones is more important for this D than Sneed.

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He isn't even 30 yet.  He could play 3 more years and be 32 when he is done.  

He will be when the season starts.  Big money to guys 30 and over rarely ends up being a positive in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I have gone back and forth all year but Jones is the priority.  Would be great to sign both but this is Sneeds only chance to get paid and I can't fault him for that so you have to tag him.  Then you see what someone will give for him.  Lots of teams need a legit #1 DB and there are only 2 available.   Get a late 1st or a 2nd and a mid round pick.   Love Sneed but Jones is more important for this D than Sneed.

This makes sense in that we could get much more for a tag and trade of Sneed. Thing is Jones has to sign before then so we know what we can do.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't see how the Chiefs can tag Jones.  That would mean over $32 million and take away any incentive for Jones to sign a reasonable longer term deal.  Tag and trade doesn't make much sense either.  How much would a team trade away for a 30 y.o. DT making that much?  Probably not more than the compensatory pick.  So it would seem that tagging Sneed would make more sense.  He would cost around $18 million and it would give the team a chance to work a longer term deal.  If they trade him, wouldn't it be more likely that some team would give up more to get a top DB at that price?  

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

He was playing very well in the preseason. Had a great college return career and did it all. I think he has a shot. 

Yeah, I like the kid.  He was a 7th rounder in most of my mocks last year.  He has a shot.

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don't see how the Chiefs can tag Jones.  That would mean over $32 million and take away any incentive for Jones to sign a reasonable longer term deal.  Tag and trade doesn't make much sense either.  How much would a team trade away for a 30 y.o. DT making that much?  Probably not more than the compensatory pick.  So it would seem that tagging Sneed would make more sense.  He would cost around $18 million and it would give the team a chance to work a longer term deal.  If they trade him, wouldn't it be more likely that some team would give up more to get a top DB at that price?  

Yes this is what I am suggesting.  You get to work on a deal with CJ now. I know his agents what him to test FA but I think CJ wants to resign and if the deal is good enough 3/90 with close to 60 in guarantees he could probably overrule his idiotic reps.  If not make a run at Justin M from the Ravens.  A lot younger and way cheaper.  This D has to have an interior pass rusher to work efficiently.  

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

So he suggests that the Dolphins cut Howard as a cap casualty, and take on Sneed who will be looking for Ramsey type DB pay?  And the Chiefs take on Waddle who will soon be wanting top WR pay?  Don't think so.  If the Chiefs don't keep Sneed, it will be because they're saving money by going with players on rookie contracts 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Yes this is what I am suggesting.  You get to work on a deal with CJ now. I know his agents what him to test FA but I think CJ wants to resign and if the deal is good enough 3/90 with close to 60 in guarantees he could probably overrule his idiotic reps.  If not make a run at Justin M from the Ravens.  A lot younger and way cheaper.  This D has to have an interior pass rusher to work efficiently.  

Madubuike would be a projected $12 million cheaper than Jones and is 3-4 years younger.  He wouldn't be as effective as Jones but if Jones is gone, he'd be about as well as the Chiefs could do to fill in.  As long as Jones keeps the same agents, I think the chances of staying in KC are pretty low.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So he suggests that the Dolphins cut Howard as a cap casualty, and take on Sneed who will be looking for Ramsey type DB pay?  And the Chiefs take on Waddle who will soon be wanting top WR pay?  Don't think so.  If the Chiefs don't keep Sneed, it will be because they're saving money by going with players on rookie contracts 

when Waddle gets his  $$ Reek will be a "favorable" dead cap $$  causality according to Spotrac Reek maybe ready for another SB ring

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/tyreek-hill-19119/

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

when Waddle gets his  $$ Reek will be a "favorable" dead cap $$  causality according to Spotrac Reek maybe ready for another SB ring

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/tyreek-hill-19119/

If Hill leaves the Dolphins in two years, he will get paid more than the Chiefs can afford.  It's unlikely that he would give the Chiefs a sizable discount just to get another shot at a ring.  His Twitter posts don't seem to indicate that he's leaving the door open for a return. 

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No....The Trade idea was McDuffie for Waddle.....

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

If Hill leaves the Dolphins in two years, he will get paid more than the Chiefs can afford.  It's unlikely that he would give the Chiefs a sizable discount just to get another shot at a ring.  His Twitter posts don't seem to indicate that he's leaving the door open for a return. 

we got what we needed from Hill no need for a reunion, especially at his price.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

at 32yo..ha not hardly

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Jones's agents will screw things up and delay so the Chiefs can't make decisions in FA and on the Sneed tag?  A repeat of last summer would really be a downer in so many ways.  The world would be a better place if Jones fired the Katz brothers and hired someone who put Jones's interests first. 

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Jones's agents will screw things up and delay so the Chiefs can't make decisions in FA and on the Sneed tag?  A repeat of last summer would really be a downer in so many ways.  The world would be a better place if Jones fired the Katz brothers and hired someone who put Jones's interests first. 

no. there is no evidence of a repeat scenario as of yet and at the end of the day the player makes the final call. The  Tag option just started  on Tuesday and to my knowledge no team has tagged anyone but as time gets closer to March 5th  things may very well become more apparent.

legal tampering starts March 11 and actual FA starts March 13

In Veach I trust