17 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

per a text from a friend of mine. 

HC and OC

A lot on this board thought this was the move he needed to make.  He got a rough draw in Washington.   Hope he does well and gets a real shot at HC in the NFL.   Not sure his style of in your face and accountability works well in the NCAA these days.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

A lot on this board thought this was the move he needed to make.  He got a rough draw in Washington.   Hope he does well and gets a real shot at HC in the NFL.   Not sure his style of in your face and accountability works well in the NCAA these days.

IMO if he ever wants a real shot at a head job in the nfl he’s gonna have to be wildly successful as the head guy at a college program, and I don’t think it will ever happen. For some reason nobody wants to take the chance on him. I’m just glad he didn’t end up back here. I’m pro Nagy, and I think he’s a better fit than EB despite all the rattling about how he was the missing link when our offense was struggling.  Chiefs are better off. 

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

IMO if he ever wants a real shot at a head job in the nfl he’s gonna have to be wildly successful as the head guy at a college program, and I don’t think it will ever happen. For some reason nobody wants to take the chance on him. I’m just glad he didn’t end up back here. I’m pro Nagy, and I think he’s a better fit than EB despite all the rattling about how he was the missing link when our offense was struggling.  Chiefs are better off. 

Yours seems to be the minority opinion, but it will be born out either way next season.

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The snowflakes will be running for a safe space the first time he raises his voice, lol.

On 2/24/2024 at 6:30 PM, Lamardirts said:

I think this statement is true, but also funny because I’ve heard one of the reasons why Urban Meyer wasn’t going to work out in the NFL was because he was not able to yell at his players like he did in college. And now they can’t yell at college players, because it won’t work.

Yelling at players is over rated...What works in college is Playing Time and Expendability....

Generally, 70% of a college roster is made up of guys that are just to the right of the keep line.

These folks will do anything the college coach "asks" them to do.  The question is how to keep the other 30% in your program motivated and inspired.

In major program, it is about making it to the NFL and the draft.  Coaches have a huge say by "PT" and "stealth recommendations" to pro coaches & Buds.

w