Free agent talk rumors

We will soon see whether we keep Jones or Sneed and some if the others.  WR to me is what we need to go for if we can work cap magic. I am high on Riddley WR1 or maybe Gabe Davis type and or Brown as our speedster. What about Darnell Mooney?  Could use him as a Brown type for 3rd WR or even 2nd WR and draft another. I also believe he did kick returns too. Bit early to talk free agents, but putting any rumor or thoughts as we go along and see what does shake out.

The Chiefs have the flexibility to do whatever they need to do for next season.  The question is how they balance the quest for a threepeat against a longer term view.  If they keep Jones, Sneed, and Tranquill plus find a vet WR it would seem they are going for the threepeat.  The Bengals will be all in this year before their window closes and they have room for one the the Chiefs top FAs.  Gotta keep Jones and Sneed out of their hands.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs have the flexibility to do whatever they need to do for next season.  The question is how they balance the quest for a threepeat against a longer term view.  If they keep Jones, Sneed, and Tranquill plus find a vet WR it would seem they are going for the threepeat.  The Bengals will be all in this year before their window closes and they have room for one the the Chiefs top FAs.  Gotta keep Jones and Sneed out of their hands.  

in regards to the 3 peet. I almost think Andy would retire after that, they may be all in for History's sake

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

in regards to the 3 peet. I almost think Andy would retire after that, they may be all in for History's sake

I don't know. I understand to go out on top but they have such a good core of guys he may go for a 4th in a row if he gets it. Having 5 rings while billicheat has 6 would be tempting to tie or beat before he retires. 

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think if they extend Sneed and Jones, our window will still be wide open. Especially keeping gay or Tranquil too. Then use what the cap has left to not only go after a possible wr vet but look at getting others extended with it? The draft then can be used for LB, DT, OL etc. Plus we will go into next year's draft with possibly very few holes.

Bolton, Omenihu, Trey Smith, Humphry, and Butker will be the bigger FA in 2025. Might have to really try and tag/trade one of Sneed or Jones. Get the savings to use for others. Sneed I would love to stay but we are pretty deep at CB and I think his loss would be less than Jones at this time.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Andy didn't even take a year off after his kid died.  And he knows what he has in Pat and loves what he does.  He'll go until the wheels fall off.

Yea I don’t remember the exact quote but he was asked about BB and Carroll not coaching he said something to the effect he couldn’t believe they didn’t wanna coach. While it may not be in the fore front of his mind somebody I’m sure has made him aware of how close he is to hoodies playoff record of 31 wins with him sitting at 26.   Shulas record is within reach as well. 61 wins is what he needs. 

Kelce is only 3 playoff tds behind Rice.  If he gets that and a 3peat I don’t think it will be an easy decision for him.  

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Cross Tee Higgins off of your wish list folks, i just heard that the Bengals are Tagging him.

I would have thought they were insane not too do this. They had plenty of cap space but they have a few good ones yet to resign too. They will need to extend him this year because you know if they dont get him signed, he could put it to them with Chase being a FA next year too. Next years FA for the Bengals will be huge in terms of the players needing to be extended. They better draft well and use that cap wisely.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Cross Tee Higgins off of your wish list folks, i just heard that the Bengals are Tagging him.

interesting since they also have to lock down Chase cant afford both AND Burrows or can they with the $$ dump this year?

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I would have thought they were insane not too do this. They had plenty of cap space but they have a few good ones yet to resign too. They will need to extend him this year because you know if they dont get him signed, he could put it to them with Chase being a FA next year too. Next years FA for the Bengals will be huge in terms of the players needing to be extended. They better draft well and use that cap wisely.

I hope they resign both Chase and Higgins!  That with Burrow's contract will eat a shitload of cap and the rest of the team will suck! I hate the bungals and hope they screw themselves finacially like the broncos.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

interesting since they also have to lock down Chase cant afford both AND Burrows or can they with the $$ dump this year?

They have like the 6th most cap space this year. Next year some big FAs come up for them too.

My perfect off-season would involve signing Jones (prefer a 3 yr deal), tag Sneed and resign Tranquill. Those are the main D targets. Would love to keep Gay but it's not essential that we do. Sign a vet WR. It won't be a top dollar guy like Mike Evans....but someone in the $10 million range. The rest is gravy.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

My perfect off-season would involve signing Jones (prefer a 3 yr deal), tag Sneed and resign Tranquill. Those are the main D targets. Would love to keep Gay but it's not essential that we do. Sign a vet WR. It won't be a top dollar guy like Mike Evans....but someone in the $10 million range. The rest is gravy.

Lockett???

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

That would be the ideal scenario.  Losing Gay and Danna is just part of a top team not being to afford everyone, but keeping Jones, Sneed, and Tranquill would leave the roster in pretty good shape, especially if they find a #1 WR.  

The Bengals will double down this year in at attempt to beat the Chiefs.  They appear to have a ton of cap money but the reality is Joe's contract hits for 30 million this year and then 46, 48, 52.   Chase will reset the market with a contract at or over 30 million per year.  They will be competitive this year for sure as they have some money to spend but what made them legit SB contenders was that D playing very good football.    They are entering new territory where they have to draft well and pick and choose.  Can they stay top tier while balancing that out is yet to be seen.