Free agent talk rumors

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

The Bengals will double down this year in at attempt to beat the Chiefs.  They appear to have a ton of cap money but the reality is Joe's contract hits for 30 million this year and then 46, 48, 52.   Chase will reset the market with a contract at or over 30 million per year.  They will be competitive this year for sure as they have some money to spend but what made them legit SB contenders was that D playing very good football.    They are entering new territory where they have to draft well and pick and choose.  Can they stay top tier while balancing that out is yet to be seen.   

They don't get it this year, good luck keeping the FA next year. Chase, Higgins, Mixon and many others on defense and their center too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/cincinnati-bengals/

I know the guy has a rough last 3 years with an injury to IR..... Michael Thomas. If this guy is cut, I would love to see if we can get a Sammy Watkins healthy year guy. Man when he is on, he is dominant as hell. Maybe a guy like this and we draft a WR. Give us a good year to grow the WR with him and Rice and see what else we can do.

The Chiefs really need to get one vet WR from FA.  Even if they draft a receiver with their first pick, Reid's system is notoriously difficult for a rookie.  Rice got used by default and it worked out but it's hard to count on a rookie to be #1 his first year.  They could also use a new WR position coach.  

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You knew they were open to shopping Sneed? 

Given the bevy of CB talent on the team, I've been saying this for a while. If he'd take a little less to stay, then keep him. But if he wants top of the market money (which he has 100% earned), then trade him for best value and wish him well. 

Jones is the more important signing, due to the combination of impact and position depth, despite him being older than Snead.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Said it before, Sneed would bring in a higher trade than Jones. If Jones signs and we tag/trade Sneed there will be a first rounder involved. Just be sure to trade him out of the conference lol. Bears have some good trade ammo.

Man if we could get one of Chicago’s 1st rounders this year, we could try to get Harrison, Bowers or an OT

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You knew they were open to shopping Sneed? 

Not exactly, but we all knew that unless Jones wasn't tagged that Sneed would be.  It also was assumed that tagging Sneed would mean negotiating a better long term deal than other teams would offer or losing him.  Tagging Sneed with the idea of just freezing him on the Chiefs for one year at near $20 million seemed to never be the Chiefs intent.  They stated earlier that the only option with Sneed was a long term deal and the tag would give them time to negotiate.  Whether some team will give up better than a late third plus paying top CB dollars is the question.    

14 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Man if we could get one of Chicago’s 1st rounders this year, we could try to get Harrison, Bowers or an OT

No one thinks another team with a high pick would trade it away + pay top dollar to Sneed. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No one thinks another team with a high pick would trade it away + pay top dollar to Sneed. 

IMO the best the Chiefs could hope for it to dictate  that Snead does not go to the likes of the Bills,Ravens, Bungols or an AFC West team and a early 3rd rnd pick but unless it's an extremely early 3rd rnd pick  I'd rather keep Snead

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

IMO the best the Chiefs could hope for it to dictate  that Snead does not go to the likes of the Bills,Ravens, Bungols or an AFC West team and a early 3rd rnd pick but unless it's an extremely early 3rd rnd pick  I'd rather keep Snead

Not so sure about that.  A lot of teams need an upgrade at corner and the hit rate in draft is not great.

Add "releasing MVS" to the list.

Chiefs can afford one more year of Sneed at $17 mil.  Shutdown cornerS are a huge part of our defense.

RGR had a really nice breakdown of things KC can do to gain more cap space for this year.

1. Release MVS

2. Restructure or extend Thuney

3. Restructure or extend Kelce

4. Restructure Taylor

5. Restructure or extend Pat

RGR also went beyond Sneed and Jones...added in Tranquil and a Tackle...

Great to be a Chiefs Fan with Andy, Veach and Pat....

w

Thuney still has 2 years left on his contract and is 31   according to some next year makes him releasable with a $11M dead cap hit. not sure how to rework his contact but a big NO to extending him

Travis is 34 and also a UFA in 2026 and at 37.. really extend? If Taylor is still in the picture I'll hold firm to saying that'll be his last year.  

7 minutes ago, West said:

It is all about dollars for this year as in 4 years the only Cap hit right now is MVP....

I think Kelce and Thuney can go 3 more years.....does not seem to be too big a stretch.

w

I thinking more of "want to" not "can" especially with Trav.