Free agent talk rumors

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Thuney still has 2 years left on his contract and is 31   according to some next year makes him releasable with a $11M dead cap hit. not sure how to rework his contact but a big NO to extending him

Travis is 34 and also a UFA in 2026 and at 37.. really extend? If Taylor is still in the picture I'll hold firm to saying that'll be his last year.  

Thuney has a 21 million dollar dead cap hit if released. Chiefs would save roughly 5 mil by cutting him due to cap hit being 26 mil if on the roster

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Thuney has a 21 million dollar dead cap hit if released. Chiefs would save roughly 5 mil by cutting him due to cap hit being 26 mil if on the roster

Thuney is not the problem and as a G can play out that deal for his age.

2 hours ago, West said:

It is all about dollars for this year as in 4 years the only Cap hit right now is MVP....

I think Kelce and Thuney can go 3 more years.....does not seem to be too big a stretch.

w

Four years from now, the Chiefs will be on the hook for big contracts for Bolton, Creed, McDuffy, Pat, and lesser ones for Crennel and Karlaftis plus others like Cook and Conners.  It's a big puzzle that is best left to the experts at Arrowhead.  Wonder if the loss of their top player negotiating expert will hurt. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

Not so sure about that.  A lot of teams need an upgrade at corner and the hit rate in draft is not great.

Yep and Chicago looks to be retaining Johnson so if you want a top tier CB its Sneed or Howard (who isn't top tier any longer).   I fully expect Veach could get a 2nd and maybe 5th for Sneed.  

2 hours ago, West said:

It is all about dollars for this year as in 4 years the only Cap hit right now is MVP....

I think Kelce and Thuney can go 3 more years.....does not seem to be too big a stretch.

w

Thuney's contract has been worked over as much as it can.  They need to get out of that contract in 2026 to afford the next wave of young players due.

35 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep and Chicago looks to be retaining Johnson so if you want a top tier CB its Sneed or Howard (who isn't top tier any longer).   I fully expect Veach could get a 2nd and maybe 5th for Sneed.  

Article on trade value. Take it for what it is worth. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/l-jarius-sneed-trade-value-exploring-potential-package-chiefs-receive-cb-offseason

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think they could get more than the 2nd just keeping my expectations tempered.  I think a 2nd is minimum.  

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think they could get more than the 2nd just keeping my expectations tempered.  I think a 2nd is minimum.  

What second?  There's a ton of difference between #40 and #60.  Detroit and Houston are teams that might want Sneed a lot but draft late in the second.  Vikes' or Giants' second could mean instant starter.  

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

What second?  There's a ton of difference between #40 and #60.  Detroit and Houston are teams that might want Sneed a lot but draft late in the second.  Vikes' or Giants' second could mean instant starter.  

This draft is deep into round 3 or 4.  5th and later is a total shitshow the likes of which we haven't seen before.  I would take any 2nd.  You can find starters there this year.

17 minutes ago, xen said:

This draft is deep into round 3 or 4.  5th and later is a total shitshow the likes of which we haven't seen before.  I would take any 2nd.  You can find starters there this year.

I hear Eagles as being a potential landing destination.   Would y'all do a Sneed for DeVonta straight up?  Would they?  I feel like him being cost controlled would be a no on their end.   Then there are rumors of AJ Brown not being happy.  I know we didn't pay Tyreek but is there a scenario where we trade Sneed plus a pick (2nd round/3rd round/?) for AJ Brown?   If they wanted to make a huge splash, pull off that trade and roll into next year with AJ Brown, Rice, X. Worthy, Watson, Moore, Hardman/Remigio/Ross?  

45 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I hear Eagles as being a potential landing destination.   Would y'all do a Sneed for DeVonta straight up?  Would they?  I feel like him being cost controlled would be a no on their end.   Then there are rumors of AJ Brown not being happy.  I know we didn't pay Tyreek but is there a scenario where we trade Sneed plus a pick (2nd round/3rd round/?) for AJ Brown?   If they wanted to make a huge splash, pull off that trade and roll into next year with AJ Brown, Rice, X. Worthy, Watson, Moore, Hardman/Remigio/Ross?  

I would just take the picks.  We need cost controlled talent.

3 hours ago, xen said:

The fact that Veach traded up in the second several times would indicate that not all seconds are alike.  A trade with the Giants would be worth a ton more than one with the Lions for example.  Not saying #61 wouldn't be a good pick, just that #37 could be much better. 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

The fact that Veach traded up in the second several times would indicate that not all seconds are alike.  A trade with the Giants would be worth a ton more than one with the Lions for example.  Not saying #61 wouldn't be a good pick, just that #37 could be much better. 

Well yeah I mean sure take the best deal you can but you can only work with what you're offered.

13 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

i agree thuney is a god. i was just correcting the person who said thuney was only 11 mil on the cap next year.

reading comprehension  th?id=OIP.DZuTQ_EAcrCkrgJ9T1wdLwHaGz&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

I said he's a $11M dead cap hit next season(2025)..some have called that a reasonable # to let him go.

Just curious  How much input does Sneed have if the Chiefs get a trade offer?  It could be a lot if his agents work out a deal before the Chiefs tag him.  But if the tag is applied, does he really have a choice of where he's traded to?  I'm sure the receiving team will make sure Sneed will sign a long term deal so he has that leverage.  Guess my question is how much can Sneed choose and how much can the Chiefs control things to get the compensation they want and prevent Sneed from going to a rival?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Just curious  How much input does Sneed have if the Chiefs get a trade offer?  It could be a lot if his agents work out a deal before the Chiefs tag him.  But if the tag is applied, does he really have a choice of where he's traded to?  I'm sure the receiving team will make sure Sneed will sign a long term deal so he has that leverage.  Guess my question is how much can Sneed choose and how much can the Chiefs control things to get the compensation they want and prevent Sneed from going to a rival?

He's already been tagged.  He is free to negotiate with other teams as he got the non exclusive tag.  SO, if he agrees to a deal, and the Chiefs do not match, the tag says they get 2 first round picks bur I am sure that is the negotiable.

12 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

He's already been tagged.  He is free to negotiate with other teams as he got the non exclusive tag.  SO, if he agrees to a deal, and the Chiefs do not match, the tag says they get 2 first round picks bur I am sure that is the negotiable.

Has Sneed officially been tagged or have the Chiefs just said they will tag him and he has been given permission to seek a trade before the non-tampering period ends?  There's a big difference and I'm not certain of the answer. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Has Sneed officially been tagged or have the Chiefs just said they will tag him and he has been given permission to seek a trade before the non-tampering period ends?  There's a big difference and I'm not certain of the answer. 

AO yesterday morning he has yet to be tagged and immediate google search shows no up date. with all the forewarning I have to suspect there is still talking go on. They still have 5 days to make it official.

In Veach I trust

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

He has some choice.  He can simply not sign the tag offer.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:08 PM, oldtimer said:

IMO the best the Chiefs could hope for it to dictate  that Snead does not go to the likes of the Bills,Ravens, Bungols or an AFC West team and a early 3rd rnd pick but unless it's an extremely early 3rd rnd pick  I'd rather keep Snead

Early 3rd?  If I can't get a 1st out of him, I let him play a year on the franchise tag.  I'd be ok with a deal involving Sneed that swaps 1sts to get us higher in the round, with some lower draft pick(s) thrown in, but there's no way I'm sending him off for a 3rd, or even a 2nd, unless it's like the 2nd pick of round 2  and we have some later picks thrown in.  I know it's been a while, but Jalen Ramsey fetched a pair of 1sts.  There's no reason we can't get one.  If I'm veach, my starting point is a 1st and a 3rd for Sneed.  Or Sneed and our 1st to get into the top 10 with a 3rd or 4th piggy backed on it.  Where he goes means less to me than what the compensation for him is.  We don't have to trade him, we could let him have the year on the tag and run him back out as we 3peat. Sneed for anything lower than the top few picks of the 2nd round is giving him away. 

21 minutes ago, xen said:

He has some choice.  He can simply not sign the tag offer.

But if he doesn't sign, he doesn't get paid and can't play.  He'd still be restricted and unable to sign with another team.  No way does Sneed leave 19 million on the table if the Chiefs don't get what they want in exchange for him.