Free agent talk rumors

Sneed is a physical, shut down corner in his prime. Cornerback is a premium position. I'm guessing there are lots of teams that would love to have him. I would be surprised if he played for the Chiefs next year. It all boils down to compensation.

On 2/25/2024 at 12:03 PM, oldtimer said:

in regards to the 3 peet. I almost think Andy would retire after that, they may be all in for History's sake

Hmmm.................Naaaaah.

I think they will go for a continued dynasty, which is basically another 10 years for Mahomes.  They aren't going to sell their souls for some nutty legacy in the record books while finding themselves in cap trouble the following year..  Its pretty simple:  Give Mahomes protection and a few weapons and maintain excellence in the trenches on both sides. They will, and should, let their mid level free agents walk and replace them will well researched and cheap first contract draftees who just need coaching up.  The Chiefs will not change their M.O. for this so-called "3-peat."  Just stay cheap, pay the stars to stay, fill in gaps with a FA or two, and just concentrate on top level coaching and smart drafting as their ace-in-the-hole.

Maybe throw in a billion dollar pop star for company and notoriety.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hmmm.................Naaaaah.

I think they will go for a continued dynasty, which is basically another 10 years for Mahomes.  They aren't going to sell their souls for some nutty legacy in the record books while finding themselves in cap trouble the following year..  Its pretty simple:  Give Mahomes protection and a few weapons and maintain excellence in the trenches on both sides. They will, and should, let their mid level free agents walk and replace them will well researched and cheap first contract draftees who just need coaching up.  The Chiefs will not change their M.O. for this so-called "3-peat."  Just stay cheap, pay the stars to stay, fill in gaps with a FA or two, and just concentrate on top level coaching and smart drafting as their ace-in-the-hole.

Maybe throw in a billion dollar pop star for company and notoriety.

I generally agree but I think they are going to go above and beyond just a little more than normal to chase this thing.  Its historical and is a feat that likely will never be broken.  It's a legacy feat that seals lots of guys fate in the history books.  Makes CJ a first ballot HOFer, probably gets Spags in as the only coordinator to get in.   Probably gets Butker looked at to get in.  Goes a long way for Thuney, Creed, and McDuffie as well.   I don't think they mortgage the farm but I think they stretch the cap as much as possible to get Mahomes some weapons while maintaining the majority of that D.   Gonna be a fun offseason.

5 hours ago, Boone said:

I know I'm getting waaaayyyy ahead of myself, but can you imagine if they pulled off a 4-peat? As if Buffalo didn't already hate us enough...

Bills: 4 straight trips, 0 wins

Chiefs: 4 straight trips, 4 wins

🤣🤣🤣

A guy can dream...

Yeah, that's just a dream, but think about how it looks for the rest of the league.  BUFF already has cap issues and CINN has about a two year window until they have to make some tough decisions.  Houston is in the best shape for the longer term.  I'd rather the Chiefs win seven out of twelve, for example, than four in a row and then fade.  

Lions, fins, possibly Atlanta so far on Sneed rumors.  Current rumors are Veach wants two day 2 picks with possible pick swap next year

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/espn-insider-jeremy-fowler-chiefs-cb-ljarius-sneed-trade-market-lions-dolphins/

ESPN

Which cornerbacks could be available?

Fowler: Cornerback was a popular position of discussion in Indy, most notably for the trade market. We know the Chiefs are working on a potential tag-and-trade with L'Jarius Sneed, and multiple teams are believed to be in the mix there. The word out of Indy is that Detroit is pretty set on adding a high-end corner, so the Lions are one to watch. Miami is worth keeping an eye on, too.

Thanks Xen.....Much appreciated

I think Sneed is a Great CB....but we are stocked with solid DB's and a true shutdown with McDuffie.

I like the 2 day two picks and keeping Jones.....all things considered.  Sneed wants to get paid and he deserves to get paid.

w

59 minutes ago, xen said:

Lions, fins, possibly Atlanta so far on Sneed rumors.  Current rumors are Veach wants two day 2 picks with possible pick swap next year

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/espn-insider-jeremy-fowler-chiefs-cb-ljarius-sneed-trade-market-lions-dolphins/

ESPN

Fowler: Cornerback was a popular position of discussion in Indy, most notably for the trade market. We know the Chiefs are working on a potential tag-and-trade with L'Jarius Sneed, and multiple teams are believed to be in the mix there. The word out of Indy is that Detroit is pretty set on adding a high-end corner, so the Lions are one to watch. Miami is worth keeping an eye on, too.

Only way I trade with Miami is for their first round pick and a 3rd thrown in or player swap if some sort too. No way do we need him in the AFC buy on the flip side they would be tougher then fir Buffalo. We just played Detroit so we wouldn't see him again unless in the SB and Atlanta would have to give us 2nd and/or one or both their 3rds. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Only way I trade with Miami is for their first round pick and a 3rd thrown in or player swap if some sort too. No way do we need him in the AFC buy on the flip side they would be tougher then fir Buffalo. We just played Detroit so we wouldn't see him again unless in the SB and Atlanta would have to give us 2nd and/or one or both their 3rds. 

Would you trade him straight up for Waddle?

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No!  Chiefs have to get more players on rookie deals if they sign Jones and any other FAs.  Waddle (or Evans) would break the bank.  Better to just keep Sneed.

Agree.  Need to keep stocking up on rookies and their contracts to offset the guys we give long term deals too.   Would love to get 61 and 92 from the Dolphins would be nice even if we had to give up a pick in 2025.

6 hours ago, xen said:

ESPN

Stillers interested 

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-interested-trading-chiefs-ljarius-sneed

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good.  Get a bidding war going among several "almost there" teams and use the picks to fill the holes.  

Article says a 2nd round pick as the beginning.  I hope they do get a bidding war going tos drive it up more.

8 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Cross Mike Evans off your wish list, he has agreed to a 2 year $52M deal with Tampa

that's insane $$$..funny he wanted to play for an elite QB hahahahah.

TB all along said that they where not going to resign him..wonder what changed? It's not as if he gave them a home town discount

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

that's insane $$$..funny he wanted to play for an elite QB hahahahah.

TB all along said that they where not going to resign him..wonder what changed? It's not as if he gave them a home town discount

I think $35M of it is guaranteed 

43 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah 110%

I agree absolutely.  Tranquill is extremely intelligent, athletic, a leader, and knows the system.  Most of all, he is versatile and can play any linebacker spot and even safety in an emergency.  Gay is extremely athletic but more injury prone, is an outside linebacker only, and has had some personal problems in the past that have recurred at times and caused him to miss games.  We absolutely need Tranquill.