Free agent talk rumors

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Rumors are that Thomas will be released from the Saints. I would like the Chiefs to look into him and see.

Yeah.  Saw that, he is not happy about reporter that released it.  He rsponded Twitter(x) asking how he could be released when he was on a 1 year deal.  SOunds more like he is a free agent versus being released.

4 hours ago, artsy said:

What do you guys think about Keenan Allen? LA might have to cut him....Do you think KC should check him out?

Boy, I sure would!!

A vet like Thomas or Allen would be nice short term. It would mean we use an early pick on WR to develop and show what the Chiefs intend to do for the future. If we get a younger vet on multi year deal I hope it is Ridley

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

A vet like Thomas or Allen would be nice shirt term. It would mean we use an early pick on WR to develop and show what the Chiefs intend to do for the future. If we get a younger vet on multi year deal I hope it is Ridley

I agree. Ridley, Mooney or Hollywood...

23 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree. Ridley, Mooney or Hollywood...

I talked about Mooney before as a 3rd WR type and to return kicks but he would be signed only as our 3rd or 4th option after drafted WR or FA and Rice.

11 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m not sold on Hollywood. 
mooney Ridley or Bourne. 

Bourne has been one of my sleeper really good wr’s that no one knows about for years, however now he is getting older and coming off a blown ack, so i am out on him now.

of that list hollywood brown interests me the most, but thats not saying much

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sources: Broncos to trade WR Jerry Jeudy to Browns for picks

For a 5th and 6th round picks. Fuck, I wish the Chiefs could have done this.

With a non-AFC West team, maybe. A division rival = snowball's chance in hell. 

26 minutes ago, Boone said:

With a non-AFC West team, maybe. A division rival = snowball's chance in hell. 

Yeah but they need picks badly too. Cutting cap space and getting picks.

32 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I agree with Boone.  You don't send a very good receiver to a division rival who has Mahomes at QB. Period.  They can get those picks they need with any other team that needs a good receiver.

37 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Even if KC offered better (like both of their 5th round picks), the Donks' pride and PR are mixed into that as well.

Can you imagine the Denver press roasting the Broncos when Jeudy balls out against them 2x/year? No chance they're giving a division rival inside intel from someone who's already spent a year in Payton's system. They'll (justifiably) take slightly less in compensation to avoid that PR nightmare. 

The times you really see an in-division trade happening, the sellers are likely fleecing the buyers (ala Andy Reid shipping McNabb to Washington).

Oh I know trades are rare in the division. I understand all you say but you know Veech inquired or should have done so as the GM. Hell we just had a trade this year with the Raiders, so it csn and does happen, just not very often. 

One FA I would take a look at is Noah Fant at TE. Athletic as hell and I think having a better QB would do wonders for him.

Continuing to make steady improvements as a blocker with north of 300 inline tight end snaps, Fant finished with a career-best 59.6 run blocking grade. While primarily running routes on passing plays, he also ranked a respectable 26th out of 91 qualified tight ends in pass blocking grade while allowing only four pressures and a sack on 36 pass protection reps.

Guy had 3 WR in front of him and was severely underutilized in Seattle. His QBs in Denver were laughable 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

One FA I would take a look at is Noah Fant at TE. Athletic as hell and I think having a better QB would do wonders for him.

Continuing to make steady improvements as a blocker with north of 300 inline tight end snaps, Fant finished with a career-best 59.6 run blocking grade. While primarily running routes on passing plays, he also ranked a respectable 26th out of 91 qualified tight ends in pass blocking grade while allowing only four pressures and a sack on 36 pass protection reps.

Guy had 3 WR in front of him and was severely underutilized in Seattle. His QBs in Denver were laughable 

I like this idea. I’m not sure what other TE are available. I really like Isiah likely. But ravens won’t let him go. 

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

You and your Iowa alumni.

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I get shit for being the Iowa guy so it is hard to see at times.....

No way.  Iowa is well known for its sarcasm.  You have to be thick-skinned to even fly over the state. I've known people who have died as the result of sarcasm attacks while walking down the sidewalk in Sioux City.

10 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No way.  Iowa is well known for its sarcasm.  You have to be thick-skinned to even fly over the state. I've known people who have died as the result of sarcasm attacks while walking down the sidewalk in Sioux City.

Well they shouldn't be in their birthday suits then with such thin skin.