Free agent talk rumors

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Allgretti gone to commanders. That’s too bad. 

I'm happy for him.  He deserves a chance to be a starter.  He was always a good starter for us when we needed him.  Plus he was the only guy his size that I ever saw do a backflip. That was one of life's "holy shit" moments for me.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm happy for him.  He deserves a chance to be a starter.  He was always a good starter for us when we needed him.  Plus he was the only guy his size that I ever saw do a backflip. That was one of life's "holy shit" moments for me.

Are you thinking of Khalen Saunders, or did Nick also do backflips?

51 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Anyone heard rumors we are talking to Curtis Samuel?  Just saw it, don't know much about the guy.

That's interesting. Could be one of those sneaky-good signings. Lots of talent, but has he been unable to put it all together, or has he just been stuck on bad teams (Panthers, Commanders)?

If they go after him, you know they got a positive review from EB.

1 hour ago, Boone said:

Are you thinking of Khalen Saunders, or did Nick also do backflips?

I thought it was Alegretti. It was at training camp, maybe his first season, but it was on tape.  It could have been Saunders, but in my mind, it was Alegretti.  Didn't Alegretti play some RB in college? 

25 minutes ago, artsy said:

IMO, Veech is holding tight because he's betting on getting a Top Flight WR from the draft..No need to overpay for these older vet's.

They need both.  One instant WR from FA and at least one from the draft.  Reid is famous for having a hard to learn system and not many rookies can step in from day one.  Right now, the Chiefs have Rice, Watson, Moore, Toney (?), and a bunch of marginal or practice squad guys.  Veach can find a mid tier WR and the Chiefs will be better off than last season. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They need both.  One instant WR from FA and at least one from the draft.  Reid is famous for having a hard to learn system and not many rookies can step in from day one.  Right now, the Chiefs have Rice, Watson, Moore, Toney (?), and a bunch of marginal or practice squad guys.  Veach can find a mid tier WR and the Chiefs will be better off than last season. 

Hopefully this year, they'll settle on their 5 (maybe 6) guys at WR. Last year was too muddied with 7-8 bodies, and it seemed like the team (and us fans) didn't want to let any of them go because they didn't know who was going to step out from the crowd. Makes me think that having too many WRs meant fewer reps all around, which kept the WR groups' growth stunted. 

The Sneed "trade" is holding Veach up a bit.....If he can get a deal done he will have an extra $20mil to use.

This was the biggest question when we tagged Sneed...Can we get a deal done with another team or Sneed quickly to give KC more options early in Free Agency.....Veach already understood this and weighed the options available.  He would rather have a solid draft pick vs high end free agents.

w

57 minutes ago, Boone said:

That's super interesting. Always a good talent, but always hurt, even going back to his time at Minny. 

Backup.  Yes, injury prone.  Career has never really gotten any momentum because of that. Too many injuries (knee,needing surgery, then ankle, then hamstring).  I think it is a reach.  Probably practice squad and then emergency guy. When healthy, he could spell Kelce a little.  No long term solution.