Free agent talk rumors

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Backup.  Yes, injury prone.  Career has never really gotten any momentum because of that. Too many injuries (knee,needing surgery, then ankle, then hamstring).  I think it is a reach.  Probably practice squad and then emergency guy. When healthy, he could spell Kelce a little.  No long term solution.

I think this a sneaky good signing especially for 12/13 personal alignments. 
get him into our facility and how the chiefs run there camp and we maybe surprised. 

Well we are getting our own back. They know the system and adding depth in other areas. If we get a good WR or even a 1 year rental at OT l, it will be all in the draft we improve. I think we still get that vet WR though for Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

wonder why veach decided on him? trying to catch lightning in a bottle by chance?  to see his stats he's pretty meh

2nd/3rd TE to see if Reid can coach him up

He can catch, block and has the ability if he stays healthy. Also maybe take a few snaps from Kelce to allow him to stay fresh etc.

Just now, kkuenn said:

He csn catch, block and has the ability if he stays healthy. Also maybe take a few snaps from Kelce to allow him to stay fresh etc.

could do that with the much needed TE we need to draft

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

could do that with the much needed TE we need to draft

Yes, but this may give us vet depth in case of injuries. Also it would allow that drafted TE time to learn the system etc. Same reasons we want to see a vet WR. Plus the good TE comes out in next years draft from Iowa..... lol

Just now, kkuenn said:

Yes, but this may give us vet depth in case of injuries. Also it would allow that drafted TE time to learn the system etc. Same reasons we want to see a vet WR.

ok well for the record I'm not part of the We's. I'm not pining  for a vet WR altho I do except a middle of the road wr to be picked up in the next few days. 

Just my Gut feeling  is that Veach may ride this Defensive juggernaut one more year and let to offense decide who they'll be as the season progresses. Next year maybe much like last year.

37 minutes ago, Boone said:

I'm still expecting a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. 

We homers, and I'm one of them, tend to over value our team's players.  For those not following every Chiefs' player, Sneed is a good CB who has questionable knees, only had one outstanding year, and never made even second team all-pro.  We think of him as an elite CB who saved the Chiefs' playoff and SB games.  If the Chiefs get a top 50 pick for him, I'd be thrilled.  

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

He can catch, block and has the ability if he stays healthy. Also maybe take a few snaps from Kelce to allow him to stay fresh etc.

Check the PFF grades before making him a part of the offense.  He's strictly backup in case no one else becomes available.  

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think this a sneaky good signing especially for 12/13 personal alignments. 
get him into our facility and how the chiefs run there camp and we maybe surprised. 

Maybe. Remember how irritated and how quickly we fans give up on guys who constantly get hurt?  Well, that's what other teams gave up on.  "Just needs a fresh start elsewhere."  Comes from a football family, though.

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We homers, and I'm one of them, tend to over value our team's players.  For those not following every Chiefs' player, Sneed is a good CB who has questionable knees, only had one outstanding year, and never made even second team all-pro.  We think of him as an elite CB who saved the Chiefs' playoff and SB games.  If the Chiefs get a top 50 pick for him, I'd be thrilled.  

Great blitzer. That rarely shows on CB stats, but it sure has allowed Spags a lot of deceptive pass rush and run blitz possiblities. Plus, when he does, he annihilates people. We will miss him more than it may seem.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Check the PFF grades before making him a part of the offense.  He's strictly backup in case no one else becomes available.  

This guy has some untapped potential. He's a really good athlete, and still young. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

listening to Sirius NFL Radio on way home today, they say Ridley wants to go back to Jacksonville and will resign with them after 4PM tomorrow.

They are doing this because if he was resigned before the start of the season tomorrow, Jaguars would owe Atlanta a 2nd round pick. Doing it after the season starts means it will be a 3rd round pick.

Maybe a WR and extend Sneed? Man if we bring Sneed back along with FA WR and draft..... just wow.

All the while using cap to extend for next year possible too? Veach ain't messing around. I just hope he backnloads it right so we don't go into the rabbit hole we saw the Bills, donks, Chargers etc go into this year. So far he has done a great job with it all.