Free agent talk rumors

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

According to Spotrac we have $22,290,604 in space, Trade Sneed for Justin Jefferson 😁

You know I see all these in X tweets and I think it is funny. Thing is Vikings need a cb and we can afford to give Jefferson a great deal. We do this and it may cause other teams and fans to just lose it.

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

You know I see all these in X tweets and I think it is funny. Thing is Vikings need a cb and we can afford to give Jefferson a great deal. We do this and it may cause other teams and fans to just lose it.

The sound of their meltdown would break the 142 decibel record. 😆

But seriously, JJ wants more than Tyreek $$. I just don't see that happening. 

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We need to curb our enthusiasm.  We still have to play the games, and the offseason maneuverings have barely begun. The draft is still  a month away.  Still...I trust in Veach to get the pieces without mortgaging the future and in the coaching staff to get the most out of who we have. I trust in the veteran leaders who set the standard for the other players and help them keep the right mindset.

With Mahomes, there is only so low we can ever go.  The floor is very high no matter what else happens.

26 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

According to Spotrac we have $22,290,604 in space, Trade Sneed for Justin Jefferson 😁

No!  As I posted earlier, the point of trading Sneed is to lower the cap hit, not to add a $30 million player to the roster.  The will do fine with a second tier WR plus an early draft pick.  Don't break the bank going for a Reid Peat and end up like the Bills.  

12 hours ago, kkuenn said:

fuck that price.

you guys listen to that hack?   He had a source back in the Peterson days but is no better at guessing what will happen than the drunk guy hanging outside the Brown Derby.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

you guys listen to that hack?   He had a source back in the Peterson days but is no better at guessing what will happen than the drunk guy hanging outside the Brown Derby.

Even a broken clock....

I might be alone but I am glad we haven't overpaid for middle level guys.  If that Pats report is true that Calvin wants 4/74 then I pray we aren't even making an offer.  I'd rather resign Sneed and wait until cuts and third tier or until money runs out.  None of the legit game changers even made it to FA (Evans, Higgins, Pittman) and the mid tier guys are being overpaid my bad organizations or we are being avoided like the plague like the Steelers and Johnson in trade situations.   

Being patient is exactly what we need Veach to do.  The Chargers for example have some tough decisions to make to get cap complaint by tomorrow.  They will more than likely cut 1 or 2 guys from the group of (Bosa, Mack, Allen, and Williams)  Anyone of those guys would a massive upgrade for us and maybe they want to play for a contender but if not they flood the market with more talent and push guys into our price range.  Gonna be a fun week!

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah, but the site he ran is the reason a lot of us know eachother and are here, including you and I. He blocked me on X a long time ago. Fuckin Nick Athan...

18 hours ago, kkuenn said:

seeing the Lions a lot too.

Lions Wire

Trade alert: Lions make a deal for Buccaneers CB Carlton Davis

The Detroit Lions have traded a third-round pick in the 2024 NFL draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In exchange for the pick, Detroit will receive starting cornerback Carlton Davis and a 2025 sixth-round pick.

Looks like we maybe keeping Sneed if teams keep signing CBs. Interesting though to see what they are getting in trades and FA. Still have a few looking and the market is getting thinner. Veach is sticking to his guns so if a team wants the best CB that was available they will have to pay.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

No one seems to be in a hurry to overpay this FA receiver class.  Nobody is signing them.  Draft is historically deep at receiver so I expect some 1 year deals on some of these guys available.

Unless Veach decides to channel his inner Mike Ditka and trade the draft to get Harrison Jr. this is what is probably going to happen, nobody wants to help the chiefs by trading top talent to us and others are driving the price up on players like mooney to try to weaken us financially. this is what the price of success brings and now our GM is really gonna earn his money if he can reconstruct the WR room for Patrick this offseason

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Looks like we maybe keeping Sneed if trams keep signing CBs. I threshing though to see what they are getting in trades and FA. Still have a few looking and the market is getting thinner. Veach isbsticking to his guns so if a team wants the best CB thstbwas available they will have to pay.

Lions bolster secondary by adding Amik Robertson on a $9.25M, 2-year deal, AP source says

Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans.

Those were the teams we all saw on some way in social media. Cross off the Lions. Pats signed a couple so they are probably done.  Jax can't have much left as I think they resign Ridley and did sign CB Darby.

This leaves Colts, who is closer to being out of it than in it imo after sugning Moore. Titans and Vikings seem to be playing still. Atlanta is a wild card. They have done a lot and may want to make the splash on their secondary. 

40 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

1 Washington Commanders

$70,786,341
2 Tennessee Titans

$72,720,705
3 Chicago Bears

$50,533,037
4 New England Patriots

$41,612,257
5 Cincinnati Bengals

$45,993,045
6 Seattle Seahawks

$45,821,146

These are the teams that would benefit the most if LA had to get trade off Mack or Bosa, even if they outright release Allen or Williams i cannot see KC being able to get one of them.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah, but the site he ran is the reason a lot of us know eachother and are here, including you and I. He blocked me on X a long time ago. Fuckin Nick Athan...

Haha!  That's been a minute.  He used to be decent with info like that but he hasn't been even remotely close in over a decade and now its just throw crazy stuff at a wall and hope he gets it right.

31 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:
1 Washington Commanders

$70,786,341
2 Tennessee Titans

$72,720,705
3 Chicago Bears

$50,533,037
4 New England Patriots

$41,612,257
5 Cincinnati Bengals

$45,993,045
6 Seattle Seahawks

$45,821,146

These are the teams that would benefit the most if LA had to get trade off Mack or Bosa, even if they outright release Allen or Williams i cannot see KC being able to get one of them.

True but a few of those guys have made bank over their career and never won a ring.  None of those teams outside of Cincy and maybe Seattle are even remotely contenders.